BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 3:24:31 PM EDT
Prick!

www.local6.com/news/3876975/detail.html

Moore To Have Cameras At Polling Places In Florida, Ohio

POSTED: 10:12 pm EDT October 30, 2004
UPDATED: 10:17 pm EDT October 30, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore plans to have hundreds of cameras outside of polling places in Ohio and Florida on Election Day to watch for attempts to suppress voter turnout.

"I'm putting those who intend to suppress the vote on notice: voter intimidation and suppression will not be tolerated," Moore said in a statement.

Moore announced Saturday that a total of 1,200 the professional and nonprofessional cameramen, filmmakers and videographers would be at polling places in the two states, especially in minority communities, his publicist Terri Hardesty said. Moore was in Columbus Saturday night as part of the Slacker Uprising Tour rally.

The director of the anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" Moore planned to spend part of Tuesday in Ohio and part of the day in Florida, Hardesty said.

Polls in both states say the race for president is too close to call. President Bush and Sen. John Kerry and their running mates have made numerous visits to both states that both sides say are crucial to winning the election.

There have been voting problems already in Florida, where 537 votes tipped the state and the presidency to Bush in 2000 following a controversial recount.

In Ohio, there have been an ongoing legal fight this year over the right to challenge voter registrations.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that voter intimidation?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone seeing one of those cameras, should get a can of black spray paint and....

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I shall wear my best boxers on Tuesday morning in the event that he is there, shall feel the need to moon him.

I'll be sure to go commando.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
So you see a camera and you start screaming "stop trying to intimidate me!!!!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet we will only see examples of republicans intimidating voters . . .
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
We should have someone filming the same thing he is filming at the least, so the edits can be accounted for.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top