Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 11:54:27 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about it?  A friend of mine said it might be something I could make some $$ on the side if I started slow and easy.  I don't know jack about it though...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll help you get started. I'll trade you my paper for your money. See how easy that was?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#2]
HAHA

I have heard of folks making seroius money doing this.  My sister has coworkers that make a few thousand a month just tooling around on their free time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's like anything else. If you're going to do it as a hooby or pasttime, then expect to get knocked around here and there on the way. You might have better financial success with lottery tickets, frankly.

If, on the other hand, you're serious about moving money, you're probably going to have to go at it like a full-time job. The trading itself won't occupy much time, but the research surely will. Look around your community to see if there are some investment clubs you can get involved in. A good friend of mine does this with some of the other dads from his boy's Scout troop, and they have had a great time and good success. But each one of them is expected to contribute their fair share of time in the research aspect.

If you're wagering your own capital, you can't treat it like a game. Treat it like survival.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
tagged by someone that expects to have some free time in the near future.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone know anything about it?  A friend of mine said it might be something I could make some $$ on the side if I started slow and easy.  I don't know jack about it though...

At one time you could make a lot of money without knowing a lot about it, just by buying tech stocks and selling off 1/2 when it doubled.  Hell, in the late '90's Helen Keller could have made money throwing darts at the stock listings and buying what she hit.  Those days are long long gone. If you don't have a detailed knowledge of  specific stocks, you might want to stay away from the market,  or maybe just put some money ( that you can afford to lose) into index funds and hope the market is nice to you.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
www.fxcm.com

Have at it.  Use stops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top