Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 9:09:55 PM EDT
If anyone really has any doubts that the MSM is the biggest fucking enemy of our elections this should erase it.  Be prepared for this.  I pulled this from DU.

Oct. 30, 2004  |  President Bush has spent his final push toward Election Day on the defensive over allegations of his mismanagement of the war in Iraq, awkwardly trying to fend off charges that the U.S. military failed to protect huge stockpiles of explosives that have disappeared and are presumed to be in the hands of anti-American insurgents. Not even the reappearance of Osama bin Laden in a new videotape has spiked the story. The controversy erupted Monday morning when the New York Times reported that 380 tons of high explosives -- mainly HMX and RDX, which can be easily used by terrorists, even to detonate a nuclear device -- had disappeared from the Al-Qaqaa arms dump 30 miles south of Baghdad. The Times reported that the disappearance occurred after U.S. troops arrived on the site despite the fact that the U.S. government had been urged by the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency to protect it. Administration officials told the Times they were looking into the disappearance.

60 minutes story
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]

other major issues they will be addressing include Ashlee Simpson on Saturday Night Live...

I wonder if they will tie that somehow to Bush.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
60 minutes= The National Enquirer of the airwaves.  Thay aren't going to change anyones mind to vote against President Bush that hasn't already decided to.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If HMX and RDX and DMX and whatever else are so much worse than any other explosive because they can be detonate nuke devices, then wouldn't that be evidence of Saddam's WMD program?

Oh wait, that doesn't advance the Kerry Kampaign's agenda, can't report or televise it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If HMX and RDX and DMX and whatever else are so much worse than any other explosive because they can be detonate nuke devices, then wouldn't that be evidence of Saddam's WMD program?

Oh wait, that doesn't advance the Kerry Kampaign's agenda, can't report or televise it.

TNT can be used for the compression of a pit.

RDX is an incredibly common explosive, it is the chief ingrediant in C-4 and is blended in many other explosives like TNT.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't you been paying attention?  This story is dead.  The Army removed most of the explosives at QaQaa, and no one knows if the rest ever existed, or if it was removed by Saddam.  

The explosives-gate is last weeks story, Bin Laden is THE HEADLINE in all the papers today (and I mean EVERY NEWSPAPER).
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TNT can be used for the compression of a pit.

RDX is an incredibly common explosive, it is the chief ingrediant in C-4 and is blended in many other explosives like TNT.

And the fuct up part about explosives is that anyone who takes an college chem course has enough theoretical know-how in thier book to make them......

of course, making them SAFELY and not killing oneself in the process is another story
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
This has been going back and forth for several days now.  Wouldn't this be considered "old news" as far as the elections are going?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My powers of prediction are truly astounding...

Posted in a related thread yesterday :

Not to worry. Sure there are a lot of discrepancies between the various claims, but I'm sure Uber Detective Dan Rather will have this all sorted out, packaged up and ready to spoon feed the American people by the weekend.

Stay tuned for my next amazing prediction (teaser: it has something to do with the sun rising...sometime in the very near future).
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Haven't you been paying attention?  This story is dead.  The Army removed most of the explosives at QaQaa, and no one knows if the rest ever existed, or if it was removed by Saddam.  

The explosives-gate is last weeks story, Bin Laden is THE HEADLINE in all the papers today (and I mean EVERY NEWSPAPER).

I believe Army EOD used the a bunch of the stuff up in destructs.  I would have loved to get a hold of a bunch of that shit,  nothing like shots that are measured in tons.    Happiness is watching the pressure wave propagate across the desert and haveing the wind taken out of you from several miles away.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually think that most of the people who will watch this are the DU crowd.  I will be curios to see if the report any of the facts that have come out this week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, in about 10 minutes here, I learned more about "exotic" explosives than 20 years of MSM watching could have conveyed.  

Could it be that these particular explosives, which may or may not have been gone before the the cav arrived, which may or may not have been destoroyed already, which may or may not point to the existance of a WMD program, might not be terribly important in the big scheme of things?

Nah, the stupi...er...undecided voters who are supposedly so critical will contine to hear about this "story" during whatever breaks the Osama tape allows.  Those that are so clueless that they haven't made a decision yet are suspectible to the repetition of negative news, it doesn't matter if the origin is K/E or Dan Blather.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That line is 60 minutes bullshit...

RDX = C4

Any high explosive can 'detonate a nuclear device', we used TNT back in WWII, IIRC...

The key to nuclear detonation is not the explosive, but the detonation sequence -> you need to produce a symmetrical implosion (explosives surrounding a sphere of nuclear material are detonated simultaniously, causing the sphere to be compressed to the point where a nuclear fission reaction begins) in order to achieve super-critical mass & nuclear detonation. This requires precise timing, since if the charges do not all go off simultaniously, you will get a 'splat' instead of a 'Ka-Boom'...

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I beleive the US military and friends have destroyed upwards of 700,000 TONS of this stuff.  The story is QaQaa.

Between the Air Force blowing up anything that looked like an Iraqi military convoy (there is a radar plane called 'Joint STARS' that is basically an AWACS for ground vehicles. If it rolls, the AF can see it, track it & thus bomb it), all the captured ordinance (mortar shells, arty rounds, extra ammo, etc) that needed to be destroyed, and the natural consequences of combining soldiers, time, open desert, and large quantities of explosives (gee, wanna blow something up?), I wouldn't be suprised if the military was solely responsible for the disposition of all 'missing explosives'....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]
It's Daylight Savings time on ARFCOM

Let's do the TIME WARP again...

This post and the one above it are post DLST, the rest of the thread is PRE-DLST...

So the end of the thread will actually be the beginning!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top