Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 7:17:06 PM EDT
The other day I sent out emails to friends and aquaintences with the Swiftboat Movie link.  A few have not replied, but all that have are going Bush.  The one that shocked me the most was a friend of my wifes.  She is a single parent and school teacher who lives in the LA area.  I had her pegged as liberal to the core.  She emailed back that she had already voted  and it was for Bush.  Her comment was "If Kerry wins we are in for a long four years".  It this lady is voting this way and feels this strongly it gives me great hope.

Anyone else getting pleasant surprises like this?  Early voting does put a new twist on some things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I think alot of truly undecided voters will vote the " known quantity" when they stand in the booth.
Polls are looking good but who know's, Bush could still possibly win the popular vote and lose the electoral college. That would really freak out the Duh crowd
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Im willing to bet alot of these polls involved hang ups on Bush supporters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been hung up on when I tell the caller who I was voting for and nothing could change my mind.  Was it a real poll?  No way to know.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
One of things I was thinking about is...How does the "Do not call" list effect the polls.

I am on the list and I have not had one call.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
i think he is underestimated, and will do better come tuesday, bush
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Like Bush said, "They misunder estimated me"

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I sincerely hope so, he has to win!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Pray for rain.

The left is hard at work, they will vote with dead people and they will vote numerous times.  If you could eliminate the democretin voter fraud, they wouldn't get 25% of the popular vote.  They just don't have the support.

Thank God for the Electoral College.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Two women I work with, whom I thought would be total liberals, must have heard my discussions with the democrats in our store because they are both voting Bush.  One is from Iran.  Her father said if Kerry wins, Iran will "die"...

btw, this is in Los Angeles as well.

EAM  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The Left, the Democrats and the Media has NEVER wished for something SO bad.

An illustration:

Go to the land of these folks' true core....   Democratic Underground.
THEY have been squaking about a "Landslide", for weeks, even though there's no REAL data to support that.
It's wishful thinking, and it's affecting the media's coverage.

They will be shocked.

Remember 2002?
Remember?

They got knocked on their asses for the SAME reason:

"How could we lose.... ...doesn't everyone hate Bush?

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
There was an article a couple hours ago on free republic about pollsters and rasmussen in particular.

In it, they admitted that polling is profit-driven now, and a horserace means more polls will be conducted.

Think about it: How many presidential polls are being done in texas, where they know it will be a bush blowout.

If it wasn't for dem voter fraud, this wouldn't even be close. I still think it won't be close, due to some internal figures and signs that have popped up along the way. This has the signature of a blowout along the lines of GHWB / dukakis.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I know of many lawyers and even local democratic politicians voting for Bush here in CT.  This is a rare occurance.  Many see through Kerry, but unfortunately, many still don't.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One of things I was thinking about is...How does the "Do not call" list effect the polls.

I am on the list and I have not had one call.

no effect on political calls.  i've had several upset liberals angrily ask me why i was calling them about voting for Bush-DeMint when they are on the do not call list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top