Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 7:15:15 PM EDT
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=24&art_id=qw1098966961631F652

Boy kills family while watching cartoon movie

October 28 2004 at 04:13PM

Ancourteville-sur-Hericourt - A 14-year-old boy has shot dead his family in a French village after deciding during his homework that he wanted to kill, the police and a prosecutor said on Thursday.

The teenager, identified as Pierre F, waited in his family's farmhouse in northern France late on Wednesday with his father's hunting rifle before opening fire without warning on his parents and siblings as they arrived home, state prosecutor Joseph Schmidt said.

His father, mother, and four-year-old brother were killed. His 11-year-old sister raised the alarm at a neighbour's house in Ancourteville-sur-Hericourt despite being shot in the chest.

"All of a sudden, I just had the idea to kill," the boy confessed, Schmidt told journalists, adding that between shootings he watched a video of the hit cartoon film

"I've never seen anything like this in 31 years of crime scenes," Schmidt added.

Pierre, who had fled on his bicycle, was arrested an hour and a half later by police, who described him as being in a disturbed state.

The 200 residents in the small village were shocked and bewildered by the shootings. A former family babysitter said the children were "very polite" and she had seen nothing that might explain the grisly turn of events.

"They were normal people without any problems, including the children," the deputy mayor, Francis Leroux, told Le Parisien newspaper.

"Something must have happened in the boy's head in a fraction of a second, because to open fire on his parents, his sister and his brother, he had to be able to go that far."

According to Schmidt, after a Wednesday lunch together the father had gone to work, the mother had taken the four-year-old for a walk and the sister had gone swimming.

Pierre, left alone to do his homework, got his father's rifle and went to the lounge to watch Shrek. After a while he loaded four cartridges into the gun.

When his mother and brother returned home he opened fire twice, killing the woman.

Pierre then led his confused brother upstairs where he gave him crayons to play with before hiding his mother's body in the bathroom and reloading the gun.

After his sister Marion returned he shot her in the kitchen, the prosecutor said, citing the confession.

Pierre then went back to the movie but when his brother came to the top of the stairs and starting crying he shot him too.

Marion, badly wounded, made it to the bathroom where she found her mother's body, and then to a neighbour's house.

When the father returned home, Pierre said he shot him twice, grabbed a bag and left the house, locking the door.

After riding to a nearby village, he went to call police but when officers arrived he did not admit the crime, saying only that he had seen his father's body near the door and had decided to flee.

However, police arrested the boy after his account revealed contradictions and, after an examination of the crime scene, Pierre confessed "with a great deal of detail" what happened, Schmidt said.

The motivation for the bloody events remains a mystery, however.

"He is incapable of giving his reasons" for the massacre and "relates it like he was an observer not involved in what he was doing," the prosecutor said.

He added that the teenager had been placed under psychiatric evaluation to determine if he could be held criminally responsible for pre-meditated murder and attempted murder.

Published on the Web by IOL on 2004-10-28 14:36:01
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap....that is messed up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhhhhhhhhh there aren't any guns in Shrek.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure....blame the tv.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to kill people when I was watching Shrek.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
"...fired without warning..."  isn't that fuggin stupid?  Why would you include something like that in an article about deliberate murder?

"...without warning, the terrorists slammed airplanes into the WTC..."

That's how liberals think...without logic.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wanted to kill people when I was watching Shreck.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Ban Shrek, it causes murder!

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
He's French.

Who gives a fucking rats ass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He's French.

Damn good point. It's like saying a gallon of spoiled milk was accidentally spilled.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He's French.

Nice to see your values of human life.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Sad and disturbing, but you know......If he hadn't run out of ammo, he could have conquered all of France by now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"...fired without warning..."  isn't that fuggin stupid?  Why would you include something like that in an article about deliberate murder?

"...without warning, the terrorists slammed airplanes into the WTC..."

That's how liberals think...without logic.

+1   I am warning you now...I am going to shoot you...

That makes it ok.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Other articles said it was a shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sad and disturbing, but you know......If he hadn't run out of ammo, he could have conquered all of France by now.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]

He's French.

That's obscene. They don't deserve to die just because they're French.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He's French.

No kidding. By HIS logic, his kids deserve to die because hes an asshat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought Europe was civilized.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Saive le vie or is it le mort?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
One more reason why France sucks.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's French.

Demented humor.  It's sad that people do not have the mental capacity to comprehend that.  

But thank you for voting Bush!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Ban France, do it for the children.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe he had German blood in him....German father?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What the fuck.  ARFCOM is on a roll tonight.  First the singing burger king fuck up and now this.  This might be one of the funniest fucking things I have ever read.  You sir are a bad man.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sorry, I made a mistake.

Corrected:
He's They're French.
Who gives a fucking rats ass

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's French.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll bet the U.S. is blamed for this somehow, after all it is partly our fault that he had a gun. If we hadn't saved france from the Germans, there wouldn't have been guns in civilian hands now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#28]
If my family was French,  I'd want to kill them, too.
j/k

I know, obscene.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
doesn't matter.  They MUST find a way to blame the EVIL Americans!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
"Due to the high 4 round capacity of the rifle, the boy didn't have to reload after the first shot.
AS of now we are calling on the government to ban all firearms that hold one round or more"
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's French.

Demented humor.  It's sad that people do not have the mental capacity to comprehend that.  

But thank you for voting Bush!  

Yeah, its real fuckin funny when a kid blows away his family. Maybe we should make some jokes about Columbine. That was really funny wasnt it. Too bad they didnt kill more kids! HA HA! Or that whole school event in Chechnya. Now THERES something to really crack some jokes about. Dont forget we can always get a few good laughs from the people who died in the 9/11 attacks. They were learning to fly! HAHAHA! And the people getting the heads cut off, so many fucking funny jokes in that isnt there. Or maybe we should make jokes about the Armed Service people getting shot at, theres a real kick in the pants too.
Demented humor you call it? Right, I'll keep that in mind......
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Maybe he had German blood in him....German father?

What the fuck would it have to do with Germans now? Have you gone mad?
I've got German blood and a loaded AR15 in the house, so what is it I should be doing now?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#33]
What does "Shrek" have to do with anything?

It sounds like the meda is trying to force a link that is not there - they mine as well have commented on the type of pants he was wearing, or the color of the carpeting.

I can see it now: "Boy Wearing Corduroy Pants Kills Family"
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's an alternate version:

Shotgun boy slaughters his family
By Charles Bremner in Paris

FRANCE was in shock yesterday after a 14-year-old boy shot dead his father, mother and younger brother and wounded his sister as he sat at home watching a video.
The boy, identified as Pierre F, was questioned by psychologists after telling police that the idea of wiping out his family came out of the blue as he was writing an essay for half-term holiday homework. Before and during the killings with his father’s shotgun, he sat down to watch Shrek, the animated film, on television at home in the Normandy village of Ancourteville-sur-Héricourt.

Pierre also confessed to shooting Marion, his 12-year-old sister, who was recovering in a Rouen hospital, the only survivor of a family described as quiet and completely normal. Dominique Perben, the Justice Minister, described the killings as abominable.

Pierre, the son of Thierry F, a welder, and Lydie, his non-working mother, was arrested in a telephone box ten miles from his village after he bicycled there and called the gendarmerie with a story about finding his father dead. Joseph Schmidt, the Rouen prosecutor, fought back tears as he recounted what he called the terrifying tale that Pierre later delivered. “The boy said, ‘All of a sudden I just had the idea of killing’. I have seen nothing like this in 31 years around crime,” said M Schmidt. “He was considered to be a good boy. Some told me that he was angelic, like a choirboy. He could give no explanation for what happened.”

Left alone on Wednesday afternoon, Pierre took out his father’s shotgun and went to the sitting room to watch Shrek. He loaded the gun. When his mother and Louis, his four-year-old brother, came home, he opened fire twice, killing her. Pierre took his confused brother upstairs and gave him crayons to play with before hiding his mother’s body in the bathroom and reloading the gun. After Marion returned from a swimming pool, he shot her in the kitchen, the prosecutor said.

Pierre went back to the film but when Louis came to the top of the stairs and starting crying he shot him. Marion, badly wounded in the chest, reached the bathroom where she found her mother’s body, and then crawled to a neighbour’s house. When his father returned, Pierre said, he shot him twice, dropped the gun, took a bag and left the house, locking the door.

Lieutenant-Colonel Gilbert Bourdon of the Gendarmerie described Pierre’s telephone call. “The operator realised that it was the boy we were looking for. The operator kept him talking . . . while we sent a patrol car around. He did not resist arrest at all. He was above all relieved that we had found him.”

The 220 villagers were in shock yesterday. “They were normal people without any problems, including the children,” said Francis Leroux, the deputy mayor. “Something must have happened in the boy’s head in a fraction of a second. Did he have a problem with his parents or did he go completely crazy?”

Jesus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top