Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 4:28:46 PM EDT

Ok..background: I have two real close friends who are also real close friends with each other. We're the Three Amigos, essentially. The female one of us is also friends with my other friend's wife. If that clarifies things, great. If not, oh well.

Anyway..so I get this email from the female one of us three...one of her friends wants to meet me. I'll paraphrase the email:

She's got a friend. Around our age (at or near 30). Divorced. Given a medical discharge from the military. (actually the way it's phrased, I'm not sure if it's a tempo medical leave, or a medical discharge)

Has twin daughters, 5+ years old, who live with their father, who took them to another state either during or after the divorce. Has a less than 2 year old son in child protective services.

Said child was taken away because she went in for bipolar/depression treatment/therapy. She's taking medication for it.

She attends church..and AA when necessary.

My friend sent me this description..and told me she spoke of me to her, and that the person described wants to meet me, etc.

There's being set up, and being Set Up.

However...the friend who sent this to me...she's also been around the block. I think she can spot a nutcase a mile away...so I don't think she'd send something like this to me if she didn't see hope there, somewhere. The kids bit I don't mind; I get weird around strangers and kids, but after a couple years, I learn to love 'em like my own (my best friend's kid, I had no idea what to do with her when she was born...3 years later, I'm actually saying hello to her, and there'd be hell to pay for any person who even says boo to her in a cross manner..)

I have a history of going out with women who aren't in full control of their facilities, to put it mildly.

Should I tell my friend I'm currently out of the country and expect to be back around 2018? Should I bite?

I can't ask my best friend cause he's the 3rd of us, and that'd be wrong to ask of him, to put him in that position...best to leave him out. So, I thought I'd toss it on the internet and see what y'all think
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
RUN AWAY!!!!!

It's a TRAP!!!

Someone set you up the wacko!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
RUN AWAY!!!!!

It's a TRAP!!!

Dude, that's a daily occurance. I can't even tell you how many dialects of "wacko" I speak...

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
We'd have to have wedge's expert opinion on this one, but it sure sounds like it could be a trap.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RUN AWAY!!!!!

It's a TRAP!!!

Dude, that's a daily occurance. I can't even tell you how many dialects of "wacko" I speak...

As long as you know to RUN!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a little too nuts. The sex would undoubtedly be great, as wacko chicks are usually great in the sack. But this one is beyond hope. Try a little less crazy bitch in your coffee.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
run fast and don't look back.....

J
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok..background: I have two real close friends who are also real close friends with each other. We're the Three Amigos, essentially. The female one of us is also friends with my other friend's wife. If that clarifies things, great. If not, oh well.

Anyway..so I get this email from the female one of us three...one of her friends wants to meet me. I'll paraphrase the email:

She's got a friend. Around our age (at or near 30). Divorced. Given a medical discharge from the military. (actually the way it's phrased, I'm not sure if it's a tempo medical leave, or a medical discharge)

Has twin daughters, 5+ years old, who live with their father, who took them to another state either during or after the divorce. Has a less than 2 year old son in child protective services.

Said child was taken away because she went in for bipolar/depression treatment/therapy. She's taking medication for it.

My friend sent me this description..and told me she spoke of me to her, and that the person described wants to meet me, etc.

There's being set up, and being Set Up.

However...the friend who sent this to me...she's also been around the block. I think she can spot a nutcase a mile away...so I don't think she'd send something like this to me if she didn't see hope there, somewhere. The kids bit I don't mind; I get weird around strangers and kids, but after a couple years, I learn to love 'em like my own (my best friend's kid, I had no idea what to do with her when she was born...3 years later, I'm actually saying hello to her, and there'd be hell to pay for any person who even says boo to her in a cross manner..)

I have a history of going out with women who aren't in full control of their facilities, to put it mildly.

Should I tell my friend I'm currently out of the country and expect to be back around 2018? Should I bite?

I can't ask my best friend cause he's the 3rd of us, and that'd be wrong to ask of him, to put him in that position...best to leave him out. So, I thought I'd toss it on the internet and see what y'all think

Helloooo   McFly......  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
"I have a history of going out with women who aren't in full control of their facilities, to put it mildly."

Do you want to change your behavior, or just continue it.

Here's a short saying I've heard that is helpful when choosing to interact with people: "Fuckups Fuck Up."

This woman will likely revert to her old behavior patterns. It's what she's known for most her life. It's what she's most comfortable with. People return to their comfort zones (which may explain why you're even considering this - you have a history of it).

She's trying to change, yes. But do you want to be the test subject?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
it's a trap.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Divorced. Given a medical discharge from the military. (actually the way it's phrased, I'm not sure if it's a tempo medical leave, or a medical discharge)

Helloooo   McFly......  

Yah, yah...I know...my main sticking point is that the person who sent me this, isn't out to kill me and in general knows a decent person when she sees them...

Considering some of my history, I'd fit right in with the above, heh
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Damaged goods man... sometimes AA, 3 kids, two don't live with her, ex who jumped states to get away from her, and treated for a mild disorder? Run a little, tie your shoes, and keep f-ing running....

ETA: If a good friend is setting you up... she could just be trying to help the OTHER person, because she knows you are stable(somewhat at least im sure) and is trying to put this chick into a stable relationship, and maybe both of you will get something out of it. Always try at least one date, but make sure you let your friend know that you don't want a stalker.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Divorced. Given a medical discharge from the military. (actually the way it's phrased, I'm not sure if it's a tempo medical leave, or a medical discharge)

Helloooo   McFly......  

Yah, yah...I know...my main sticking point is that the person who sent me this, isn't out to kill me and in general knows a decent person when she sees them...

Considering some of my history, I'd fit right in with the above, heh

Birds of a feather....

Its your life bro.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do you want to change your behavior, or just continue it.

Here's a short saying I've heard that is helpful when choosing to interact with people: "Fuckups Fuck Up."

Good point, unfortunatly
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Run Forrest, Run!
This women doesn't have baggage, she has a full cargo container.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I would say run the fuck away.  There was a post earlier about a guy whos friend became royally fucked over something similar.  I forgot the title of the post but maybe someone here will post it.

There is a shit load of pie out there, avoid the tainted stuff, and this pie sounds tainted.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]

The problem with some men, is that when they meet a girl the look at her attractivness, and not what they should be looking at.  Which is her CHARACTER!  

You already know what kind of character this crazy bitch has.

Bipolar (read nuts) , alcoholic, abuse to children and can't keep a relationship together.

What more do you need to know?  

With women I have found that past preformance IS and indication of future problems.

Do you have any idea how bad a woman has to fuck up for the court to give her kids to the ex husband?  Usually it is a given that the woman gets them.

And how bad she has to be for child protective services to actually take a child away from her????

Good god man use your hand until someone worthy comes along.

(that's why god gave us hands after all)  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
You know the drill:

Pooper & Pics
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bipolar (read nuts) , alcoholic,

Meds help on the former, and the latter...*shrug* I've been known to drink as well.

abuse to children and can't keep a relationship together.

No abuse noted. For all I know (as was told to me) the husband was the asshole, kidnapped the children, and ran away when his wife had an emotional breakdown.

For all I know, that's true.

*Shrug* I'm trying to be objective...

As for the other notes..like I said..the person who sent me this hookup wouldn't do so, I don't think, unless she thought the other person was a good person fundamentally.

But, yah...my first instinct: Run, hide, hire lawyers.

I'll let my friend know that I'm not suicidal, and see what happens..
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't y'all just meet and go bowling with your amigos?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#24]
If you have always been perfect yourself then run away. If not at least try it, your a grown man what can it hurt?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Can't y'all just meet and go bowling with your amigos?  

Yep...which actually would be the first step. My male best bud isn't a great wacko chick picker-uper though. (He's dated more than I )

Unfortunatly, also, when we hang, it usually involves at least $100 of varying grades of alcohol...and I wouldn't want to put someone who occasionally goes to AA in that position.

*sigh* Yes, a nice guy to the end, that'd be me..
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmmm.........

Sure, the bitch is crazy, alcoholic, bi-polar, kicked out of the military, got baggage (kids,CPS, two ex-Dads) , doped up on psychoactive meds, probably unemployed and flat broke;  but hey, it  can't be all bad right?

What the fuck are you smoking?

If you even consider dating this woman you might as well check into the hospital, 'cause the crazy one is you.

P.S.   If this is hot piece of ass I would reconsider, those bi-polar chicks are up for anything (some of the time).  Post T & A pics for a final decision.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Run Forrest, Run!
This women doesn't have baggage, she has a full cargo container.

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bipolar (read nuts) , alcoholic,

Meds help on the former, and the latter...*shrug* I've been known to drink as well.

Meds only help when you take 'em

Bipolar people often don't like taking their meds when they're in their manic cycle.

abuse to children and can't keep a relationship together.

No abuse noted. For all I know (as was told to me) the husband was the asshole, kidnapped the children, and ran away when his wife had an emotional breakdown.

So that's HER story for where the twins went, but what about having a kid taken by Child Protective Services?   You usually have to be a pretty damn bad parent before that happens.  It may not have been overt abuse, but probably some kind of sever neglect or endangerment.

For all I know, that's true.

*Shrug* I'm trying to be objective...

As for the other notes..like I said..the person who sent me this hookup wouldn't do so, I don't think, unless she thought the other person was a good person fundamentally.

But, yah...my first instinct: Run, hide, hire lawyers.

I'll let my friend know that I'm not suicidal, and see what happens..

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#29]
... you don't have to ask do you?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Meds only help when you take 'em

Bipolar people often don't like taking their meds when they're in their manic cycle.

Very true.

So that's HER story for where the twins went, but what about having a kid taken by Child Protective Services?   You usually have to be a pretty damn bad parent before that happens.  It may not have been overt abuse, but probably some kind of sever neglect or endangerment.

Actually that's my friend's story..but yah. The reason why the youngest child was taken (from what I was told) was because the person was being treated/in a program for bipolar/depression....your parenting skills are of no matter at that point. Add in a husband who may be an assclown who decides to get the law on his side..you get the idea.

However, yes. she may be a complete wacko. Hence why I'm soliciting advice here :)
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a JOKE - Right? If not let talk to you as I would my own son since I am old enough. Think. The next time she goes bi polar on you she has the cops come for domestic abuse. You lose your right to own a firearm and end up with a lot less money in the bank supporting her children by another man. Some women will look to find a guy for their loser girlfriends that are stable thinking that is what a women needs. It never works out. A loser is a loser. The only question now is do you want to be a loser too? Run and run fast. Life is too short to spend suffering. And suffer you will.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I work with a guy whose wife developed bipolar disorder after 20+ years of marriage. He ended up divorced.

It's worth noting that in their manic phase, they often like to spend huge amounts of money. My coworker's ex spent to the tune of $30,000 in credit. She also returned the rental house she had gotten in the divorce back to him (he might have to sell it to pay the bills). She gave her Rolex watch to a complete stranger. And, as was mentioned before, she doesn't like to take her meds.

Run, don't walk, away from this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top