Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 4:13:12 PM EDT

Oct 30, 6:09 PM EDT

Colo. Teacher Kicks Student for GOP Shirt

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) -- A part-time college instructor has apologized for kicking a student because he was wearing a Republican shirt.

Fort Lewis College student Mark O'Donnell said he was showing people his College Republicans sweat shirt, which said "Work for us now ... or work for us later," when Maria Spero kicked him in the leg at an off-campus restaurant.

Spero then said "she should have kicked me harder and higher," said O'Donnell. "To physically take that out on someone because you disagree with them, that is completely wrong."

Police Sgt. Mitch Higgins said Saturday that O'Donnell wanted to press charges and a misdemeanor summons would be issued.

Spero, a visiting instructor of modern languages, apologized to O'Donnell in a letter dated Oct. 29.

"I acted entirely inappropriately by kicking you, giving vent to a thoughtless knee-jerk political reaction that should never have happened," she wrote. "Before the incident, I did not know you and that you are a Fort Lewis student."

The college also formally apologized, said David Eppich, assistant to the school's president.

O'Donnell said the apology wasn't enough and he plans to file a complaint with the college.

The only phone number listed in Durango for the surname Spero was constantly busy Saturday.

Durango police did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
He should have smacked the cunt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I would ask the college to kick her out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
file assualt charges

then a civil suit against the college and teacher.

They will settle....

when they do, drop charges
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would ask demand the college to kick her out.

Fixed it for you...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
file assualt charges

They will settle....

sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Gee, I wonder how many acts of violence Republicans have committed against Democrats.  I would venture to guess about 1-2% of all acts were initiated by Republicans.

So, I'm not surprised at this story.  This is typical Dem / Lib behavior - actions that contradict their claimed beliefs.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
good for him for not letting it go!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet.
From the article and the school's own course catalog -

Instructor:  Maria Spero is a Visiting Instructor of Spanish in the Modern Languages Department at Fort Lewis College. A long-time instructor with the Extended Studies Program, Ms. Spero has been teaching for more than fourteen years and has led many travel study tours to Mexico and Honduras.
- I would presume that Ms Maria Spero is a resident alien working under a green card.
If that is the case, criminal charges are grounds for revocation of said Green Card. Get her ass tossed out of her job AND out of the country.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
and another note - this cunt is 30+ years old, and she's walking around KICKING young people for their political expression.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
file assualt charges

They will settle....

Fuck dropping hte charges. This ISN'T about making a buck.
Ram it all the way home - Actions have Consequences. Something a "teacher" damned well better understand.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
and another note - this cunt is 30+ years old, and she's walking around KICKING young people for their political expression.

exactly.  democrats want young people politically active....as long as they aren't active for republicans.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"I acted entirely inappropriately by kicking you, giving vent to a thoughtless knee-jerk political reaction that should never have happened," she wrote.

Hmmmm... "knee-jerk"...kick. Pun intentional?

Yeah, no shit, "teach" you "acted inappropriately".  Freedom of expression ands when your fist (or in this case your foot) touches somebody else. Now pay the piper.

"Before the incident, I did not know you and that you are a Fort Lewis student."

So, it's OK to kick a townie, but not a campus kid?

Go back to the glorious worker's paradise of Cuba, you "color of authority" puke.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
file assualt charges

They will settle....

when they do, drop chargesgo buy some neat NFA toys

Fixed that for ya
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
This should be one of our new strategies: Sue them. At every opportunity.

Turn their own weapon against them.

Sue

Sue

Sue
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Fire the bitch. Than laugh in said cunt's face when she is working the door at local Walmart as greeter.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This should be one of our new strategies: Sue them. At every opportunity.

Turn their own weapon against them.

Sue

Sue

Sue

Hell, I'd be happy to donate to a collection for Ronnie Barrett to sue VPC for libel! They said he's a terrorist supplier.

Even if we didn't win we could bankrupt their ass (unless Soros got involved).
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

.... ."Work for us now ... or work for us later," ......

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
file assualt charges

They will settle....

sounds good to me.

me too
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#21]
www.fortlewis.edu/community_culture/extended_studies/courses_spanish.asp

Beginning Conversational Spanish I

Day and Time:  Tuesdays, February 15 - April 12       6:45pm to 8:45pm

Cost:    $125 for one semester hour credit,  $110 for non-credit

Course Description:  This beginning Spanish conversation course is for individuals who have little or no experience with the Spanish language. You will build vocabulary and learn to ask and answer basic questions. Oral communication, understanding and responding, and introduction to present tense verbs will be emphasized in this course.

Instructor:  Maria Spero is a Visiting Instructor of Spanish in the Modern Languages Department at Fort Lewis College. A long-time instructor with the Extended Studies Program, Ms. Spero has been teaching for more than fourteen years and has led many travel study tours to Mexico and Honduras.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#22]
definitely sue if she has any past as a soccer player.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
file assualt charges

They will settle....

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I thought it worked like this:

1) He gives a statement to police.
2) The police go talk to the teacher and get her side.
3) Police decide if there is enough evidence to charge her with a crime.
4) Prosecuter decides based on evidence whether or not to go to trial/make a plea bargain (ie. letter of apology + a misdemeanor charge)
5) If it goes to trial, the student is served a summons to testify at the trial.  

I didn't think that it is up to the student to 'press charges'.  He can decide whether or not to go to the police in the first place, but they decide what happens next.  I was involved in a similar situation and that's how it worked.

It's a good thing he didn't lay a finger on her or he'd still be in jail even if he was defending himself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#24]
edit - it doesn't matter...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Hell, I got kicked in law school for calling the campus cops on a bum wandering the basement locker area and student lounges. One of my white lib fellow students didn't like the man getting called on a oppressed black man.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:04:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gee, I wonder how many acts of violence Republicans have committed against Democrats.  I would venture to guess about 1-2% of all acts were initiated by Republicans.

So, I'm not surprised at this story.  This is typical Dem / Lib behavior - actions that contradict their claimed beliefs.

Cha-CHING.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.fortlewis.edu/community_culture/extended_studies/courses_spanish.asp

Beginning Conversational Spanish I

Day and Time:  Tuesdays, February 15 - April 12       6:45pm to 8:45pm

Cost:    $125 for one semester hour credit,  $110 for non-credit

Course Description:  This beginning Spanish conversation course is for individuals who have little or no experience with the Spanish language. You will build vocabulary and learn to ask and answer basic questions. Oral communication, understanding and responding, and introduction to present tense verbs will be emphasized in this course.

HAHAHA she is teaching a single ONE credit class at a small liberal arts college. She is living of someones teet, either ours (welfare) or her parents/husband.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sweet.

- I would presume that Ms Maria Spero is a resident alien working under a green card.
If that is the case, criminal charges are grounds for revocation of said Green Card. Get her ass tossed out of her job AND out of the country.

It think it has to be a felony or related to moral turpitude.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Colo. Teacher Kicks Student for GOP Shirt  

And rightfully so ! If more schoolchildren were beaten and kicked, it would be a better world !
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
good for him for not letting it go!

+1 one, But ya know there are a bunch of ppl tryin to talk him out of it. Hope he sticks to his guns.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Sweet.

Very unlikely that she has a Green Card.  She probably has an H category visa or some type of work permit.  And as Captainpooby wrote above, she would have to commit a felony or more serious crime to get kicked out.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#32]
She's lucky she has all of her teeth.  I would have had a hard time not throwing the bitch to the gound and using her face to break her fall.  

The guy was smart to not react though.  So much easier to have her prosecuted if you didn't fight back.  That, and I'm sure there is a plethera of eye witnesses, seeing as it was at a restaurant.  

She needs to be fired.  I would except nothing less than that, and money from her.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sweet.

Nope, INS usually doesn't revoke green cards or deport based on a misdemeanor complaint or conviction.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the extra info on green cards / immigration violations. So criminal misdemeanors like minor Battery don't count? Now I have something else to be pissed off about.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
He should have smacked the cunt.

No way! Play the system for all the liberals have made it to be- beat the fuxxers at their own game. Press charges, win, sue her, sue the college, sue everybody connected with her, publicize, win, win, win. They want justice? Well, it works both ways......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top