Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 9:01:20 AM EDT
I got the call from the mayor cell. KBR spotted 6 enemy near the Aid Station. I grabbed my gear and ran outside. The only vehicle there was the 1SG’s ATV. The keys were in it so I took off for the Aid Station. I got up near the helo pad and a KBR employee was yelling and pointing over by the near housing units. I beat the QRF by about 3 minutes. I dismounted and moved out at a brisk walk. I didn’t see anything. Then I looked to my right and there they were. Their backs were to me so I snuck up behind a dirt mound. I was worried about what was in the background in case I had to fire and the rounds over penetrated or I missed. I decided to go strait over the top and jump them. I got to the top of the mound and scared the hell out of the one closest to me. He took off like a bat out of hell along with the one next to him. The other 4 turned around and gave me an “I’m going to eat your liver look”. I raised my M4, put the red dot on the first one and fired. It went through his pelvis and he went down but tried to get back up. I put a second round through his chest. No movement. My first hit on a live target with my M68 Aimpoint red dot. I lined up on the next one and fired. It was a square shot in the mid section but he hauled ass around behind a bunker.

The others scattered in 2 directions. I ran for the ATV, cranked it up and screamed after the one I just hit. He was about 75 meters away from me and moving towards the runway. I had to take a long route after him cause the ground was too rough and was jarring my teeth. By the time I got back on the road, he was across the field next to another unit’s headquarters and heading for the trash pit. I nailed the throttle and almost flipped the ATV. I came around the building, screeched to a halt, jumped off the ATV and took up a kneeling position, put the dot on him, lead him a little and fired. Damn! Missed didn’t lead him enough. I jumped back on the ATV and took after him again. He slowed down near the trash pit so I jumped off the ATV and fired again. It hit him in the leg and he took off again limping badly. I chased him for about 300 meters through some very rough terrain but the bastard made it to the perimeter berm and found a weak spot in the wire between guard towers. Sh*t he made outside the perimeter.

I immediately went back to where I saw the others last. No sign of them. Some soldiers told me the exfiltrated back through the wire where they came in.

Well that brings me to 18 confirmed enemy dogs and 1 WIA that will probably bleed out before the days over.

How was your day?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How was your day?

I'm going to watch some football and make some chili-cheese nachos for a snack.

I'm down to my last 300 large pistol primers so I'm going to use those up loading some ammuntion too.

I can't decided what to make though, 44special, 45 colt or 41 magnum.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, when your tour is over, your'e gonna fit right in with the JBT's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
How does the M855 work on dogs? Can you compare it to a hunting bullet on dog size game?

14.5" or 20" barrel?

PS: I cleaned the eves and replaced the loose gutter spikes with gutter screws until the wind got up to 50mph gusts, now I am playing on the computer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Good work. I, uh, haven't gotten anything done yet today. Actually, in comparison to you, I haven't gotten anything done all week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How was your day?

I'm down to my last 300 large pistol primers so I'm going to use those up loading some ammuntion too.

You need to stock up. If Scum Kerry wins we all lose. If the dems hold 60% of the senate we lose. You need at least 5k of each size you load for.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]

How does the M855 work on dogs? Can you compare it to a hunting bullet on dog size game?

14.5" or 20" barrel?

M4, 14.5" barrel. The M855 round sucks on dogs. I only put one down with 1 shot. It was a frontal shot hit him just under the chin. Took out the heart and both lungs. Bullet stayed in the body. All side shots exited and the dogs were able to run about 150 meters before slowing down enough for a second shot. Some didn't run when hit in the pelvis or shoulder area.  Idid make one 150 meter running shot. And yeah, I talked sh*t for a day or so.

I have some of the 75 and 77 grain hollow points but the were in another mag and I didn't have time to grab it. I took off so fast because the report said the dogs attacked some soldiers on the way to chow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How was your day?

Me too, but Stanton is going to run wild on you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought you were talking about people at first.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]

That's cause I'm a sneeky bastard. Psych!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Me too - I was thinking, "Nice, that's asskicking at its finest."
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yeah, me too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's cause I'm a sneeky bastard. Psych!

You had me going as well.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#17]
If the bad guys get through all the defenses I built for this place, I'll track them bastards down myself with the same vengence I use on their dogs.

I wanted to hang a pig skin on  the front gate with the inscription, "If you attack this base, we will bury you in this", but my idea didn't fly too well with the chain of command.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Goodwork, thankyou.

As for my day, I replaced the leach field for my step-grandparents septic system...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#19]
What MOS would dog popper be? I did not know they were such a problem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Outstanding Tango, did I misread something though, you said the first guy there was no movement, did he get up or something? If I read it wrong I apologize, I been up alnight from work, nothing like your day though, God bless you and be safe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How was your day?

You need to stock up. If Scum Kerry wins we all lose. If the dems hold 60% of the senate we lose. You need at least 5k of each size you load for.

The gun show is next week, I took inventory that's how I know I'm down to 300 large pistol.

5000 of each caliber?  Great I'm going to need 63lbs of AA3100 to use the 5000 Large Rifle Magnum Match Primers for my 300WM

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#23]

What MOS would dog popper be? I did not know they were such a problem.

I am a 13Z (13M in my younger years. That's MLRS-rocket launchers)

Outstanding Tango, did I misread something though, you said the first guy there was no movement, did he get up or something? If I read it wrong I apologize, I been up alnight from work, nothing like your day though, God bless you and be safe.

No movement after I hit him in the chest with the second shot.

Gun Shows- man I can't wait to get back to the US. Aint no gun shows in Germany. There's a gun show everyday on market street in Bayji, Iraq but my boss won't let me go. Something about taking tanks or bradleys with me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
So these were four-legged furry canine type dogs??  Why are you shooting them?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Get Some TC *enemy dogs* It still took me a few minutes to understand that they were literally dogs. Bet feral dogs can be a serious nuisance around there.

Stay safe!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh my, I think I been up two long, got up yesterday at 0600 went to work at 1500, got off at 0600 this morning, A/C man showed up at 0800 got to be back at work at 1600 today, get off again at 0600 in the morning, and my dumb self just realized  you were shooting dogs and not the two legged vermin, now am I caught up, if not hop on a plane, fly here and put me out of my misery  I know when we have strays here and they get to be  a problem and turn wild they even start running with the coyotes, these have got to be taken out. 55 grain hollow point drops right there though, No matter what your shooting, your day is still better than mine, take care Tango.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#27]
What kind of Medics do you have over there?....

If I were there I would be baiting the little fuckers!

Good luck!

and I had a Wendys tripple cheese burger, Biggy fries, and a Med Choclolate Frosty for luch today!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#29]

So these were four-legged furry canine type dogs?? Why are you shooting them?

They pack up and get very protective of their turf. They attacked 2 soldiers walking to chow 2 days ago. They also have no fear of man.

If I were there I would be baiting the little fuckers!

The KBR vector control guy is baiting them and setting live traps but they haven't fell for it yet.

The dog problem was bad when I got here. Since March, We've killed 32 dogs in an area only 5000 meters long by 2000 meters wide. That's a huge mutt population for the size of the area.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#30]
The life of a dog really sucks in the Third World, and it's even worse in Arab countries.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
How was your day?

Considering where you're at, my day seems pretty insignificant.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Somebody needs to doctor this up for TangoChaser!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Great work!  When I was at PSAB in Saudi Arabia, packs of dogs used to harass our inventory crews out in the bomb dump.  One crew got surprised once and had to "escape" by climbing up on a stack of bombs and waiting for the pack to leave.

These are the nastiest, skankiest, meanest boonie dogs I have ever seen.  Wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole.  I would have gladly volunteered for disposal duty if they had one.  I wish our SPs had been allowed to take them out on the sly.  Unfortunately, most of them contributed to the problem by feeding them scraps from their MRE's.  We also had feral cats and they were nasty too.  Just not packs of them roaming the area harassing people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top