Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2001 3:56:08 PM EDT
ok, i order one of those reworked ishphor 308 enfields from Navy arms, the bore is perfect, stock is new, and the rifle is beutiful(if u can say that about an enfield), anyway, everytime i fire the safety comes on, doesnt do it when i dry fire. there is no click on the safety just pushes back and forth very loosely. also, the thing shoots like 2 ft. high at 200 yards, how do i adjust the sights??  thanks fer any help.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The safeties on these things don't positively engage or disengage, you just move it as far as it goes under finger pressure. The way you adjust the front sight for elevation is to replace the sight blade - there are 5 different blades, with one being a "0" and the other 4 being 2 shorter (to raise point of impact) and 2 taller (to lower POI.) I'm not sure of the markings on them. Northridge Int'l or Sarco should have everything you want for an Enfield.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have one of the navy arms reworked enfield's in 308. Does it have a 20in barrel. You will have to replace the front sight blade with a taller one. I haven't done this to mine yet but I know thats what it needs. As for the safety - I'm not sure - someone else will have to tell you. Good luck.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
i pulled the safety apart, somebody said there was a spring in there and that i could tighten it up and make it "click", well there is no spring inside the safety. now what??

also about the front sights, so basicaly i get one taller then i need and file it to get the thing dead nuts??
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
i figured out how that werks, "dog bone" thing with the 2 holes in it is the spring, u just take 2 pairs of plyers and bend it a little and that snugs the safety right up.  thanks fer the link to the parts diagram, ill have to take a look. anybody know where to get a correct sling or bayonet?? thanks

bricklayer its the full size rifle, new stock, bore looks new, and refinish, its real purty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top