Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 7:58:53 AM EDT
I was on ARFCOM reading and *ding dong* goes my door bell.This is sorta embarresing i'm just sitting around with a blanket around me and my dad is making french toast.So I answer the door and my dad comes and he says he is a guy supporting Bush.I smiled and listened.He said a few things and gave a couple pamphlets,which I read right away.Anyways he encouraged my dad to vote and said that judging by the BUSH/CHENEY 2004 and SPORTSMEN FOR BUSH signs in my yard he found a good house.Oh yeah he said to try everything we can to get liberals we know on our side.It was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh oh....just asked my dad if he was voting and he said he might....and I said who will you vote for?He said the dreaded....."I'm not really sure."It really surprised me....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Uh oh....just asked my dad if he was voting and he said he might....and I said who will you vote for?He said the dreaded....."I'm not really sure."It really surprised me....

Oh, this is easy, you simply tell him "Your voting for Bush...period."
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell him... "Dad,I really need you to be a grown-up right now"

GM
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I asked him what he was undecided about and he wont tell me.He said "Well...." and then stopped.I said "Well what?"He didnt reply.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Sad . . .
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I asked him what he was undecided about and he wont tell me.He said "Well...." and then stopped.I said "Well what?"He didnt reply.

Yeah people who have always voted republican are "undecided" in this election. They really aren't happy with Bush but really dont like kerry. I am guessing they will come to their senses and punch Bush at the ballot box... Or not vote.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad has never voted though.EVER.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 Oh, this is easy, you simply tell him "Your voting for Bush...period."

My Dad has voted Libertarian in the past 3 elections that I know of.  I told him that this time if he didn't want sKerry in he had better vote for Bush.  He asked why.  I asked him back "When has a Libertarian ever held the office of President?".  He actually saw my point.  

He is voting Bush.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#9]
My dad is voting kerry and there's nothing I can do to change his mind.  I think on the 1st I'm going to tell him if he votes kerry I'm enlisting which will scare the bejesus out of him.  I'm planning on enlisting anyway but not till next year.  We shall see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top