Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:23 AM EDT
Someone here posted a picture of their Saiga 12ga shotgun with pistol grip and folding stock.

How much does the folding stock and pistol grop cost?

And what is the maxium magazine capacity?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
on a related topic, does anyone know if an hi-cap mags are being made for the Saiga 12.  The standard mag is 5, but I sure would like one with 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT anybody?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The 8 round mags are like $50 a piece (when you can find them).  I've heard that 8 rounds are the limit that BATF will allow for import, the higher cap mags have been classified as 'destructive devices' (whatever that means).

K-VAR has stocks which will fit Saigas - I'd think butt stock and pistol grip would be about $60, based on how much similar parts cost on my AK.  I've seen the cheap Romanian side folders used.

If you convert it to pistol grip configuration, you have to do a 922r conversion - get a US made butt stock and pistol grip and a G2 fire control group.  I've heard that 4 compliance parts are needed, so you could add the Romanian side folder, but check it out yourself.

Go to the 'Russian' forum in the AK section.  A guy named 'Tomac' has a few posts which should answer alot of your questions.

As you can tell, I'm considering a purchase of one myself.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard that they've made a design change but when I had one the bolt wouldn't lock to the rear. Mag changes sucked because you had to hold the bolt back with one hand and insert the mag. Trying to insert a full mag with the bolt closed wasn't happening.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I handled one at a store.
It had a bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I heard that they've made a design change but when I had one the bolt wouldn't lock to the rear. Mag changes sucked because you had to hold the bolt back with one hand and insert the mag. Trying to insert a full mag with the bolt closed wasn't happening.

The mag is designed to let the top shell push down into the mag when you insert it. Its kinda akward at first but you get used to it. The only time you need to pull the bolt back is if you have a 6 round mag

The pic you saw was probably mine. I got the stock from ace as well as the PG. They are a tad expensive but high in quality.

www.aceltdusa.com/index2.htm

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The trick to loading mags is to get the front lip of the mag in and place pressure forward while rocking the mag home.  Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
http://forum.saiga-12.com/

tons of usefull info.

btw, don't try to skeet shoot with this gun. virtually impossible to do so since the site rail is so far above the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
FireFly Arms will convert yours or sell you a converted one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#10]
$125 conversion seems a bit much for a $200 dollar shotgun...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#12]

tons of usefull info.

btw, don't try to skeet shoot with this gun. virtually impossible to do so since the site rail is so far above the barrel

If you wanna shoot skeet or birds with it, shoulder it in a heads up position, like you should with a shotgun. I haven't seen my front bead near a bird or clay  since i learned how to shoot one. Point shooting rocks, on a shotgun. But then last time i hunted i shot 21 rounds to get 12 doves, so take this with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

tons of usefull info.

btw, don't try to skeet shoot with this gun. virtually impossible to do so since the site rail is so far above the barrel

If you wanna shoot skeet or birds with it, shoulder it in a heads up position, like you should with a shotgun. I haven't seen my front bead near a bird or clay  since i learned how to shoot one. Point shooting rocks, on a shotgun. But then last time i hunted i shot 21 rounds to get 12 doves, so take this with a grain of salt.

um thats kinda the point.  I don't aim with the sites.  I cover the target with the barrel.  But then, you can't see the barrel when the gun is up to your shoulder.   believe me, skeet shooting is extremely difficult with this gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]
You can bump-fire that Sagia too.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You can bump-fire that Sagia too.  

Under water ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep them Saigas are fun!!

Here is my son getting some trigger time.

And yes it is a factory folder I got it after it was legalized!!!(us parts added)

FREE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top