Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 7:38:30 AM EDT
OK, what to do. I mailed a holster and belt to a guy I sold it to. Seems UPS may have delivered it somewhere else. I didnt insure it since it wasnt a whole lot of $. First time I didnt insure something. I suppose I have to give back the $ since it never got there. Anyone else have this dilema? What did you do about the money if it was uninsured? Crap.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If UPS delivered it somewhere else, and you have proof of shipping, it'l on BROWN.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You're screwed.  The right thing to do is to refund the buyer the money.

I believe the seller is responsible for getting the thing into the hands of the buyer.  Going without insurance is perfectly understandable for such little amounts, but it's a gamble and I think you lost.

I might try and go after UPS, but without insurance, there's little they will do.  If you can prove they screwed up, they should fix it.

Sucks, but that's what I would do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
You have a tracking number.

Find out who signed for the package, a call to UPS will give you this info, just have your tracking number handy.

I think all items are insured for $100 standard, you can buy more if you need.

UPS should also be able to verify delivery address

after finding all of this, you'll have a better starting point
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Call UPS.  All packages are insured for $100 unless you purchase more insurance.  1-800-PICK-UPS.  The clowns that answer the phones are usually pretty clueless.  If you give them you tracking number they can find the exact address it was delivered to and might be able to recover it.  If not they will pay the claim.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
it is on brown
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Call UPS.  All packages are insured for $100 unless you purchase more insurance.  1-800-PICK-UPS.  The clowns that answer the phones are usually pretty clueless.  If you give them you tracking number they can find the exact address it was delivered to and might be able to recover it.  If not they will pay the claim.

beat me to it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top