Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 11:33:41 PM EDT
Not to sound like a priss, but I want NEW ammo cans for my gear.

Specifcially, I've got about 20 AR 30rd mags.  What particular size and where can I get NEW ones, NOT USED, or SLIGHTLY USED.  JUST NEW.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sargt.ar15 used to have some kick-ass nod cases...ask him.  I bought several.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have what and you did?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not to sound like a priss, but I want NEW ammo cans for my gear.

Specifcially, I've got about 20 AR 30rd mags.  What particular size and where can I get NEW ones, NOT USED, or SLIGHTLY USED.  JUST NEW.

Thanks

Join the Marines... other than that... they will be used at least once. I was stupid at one of the first Fun Shows I ever went to, they had TONS of slightly used ones for something like 3.00 a can for 50 cal cans... I didnt buy any. WHAT a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have what and you did?

SGatr15

I'm pretty sure the feedback is still in the EE.  The only things I ever "exchanged" was mags for a membership and two "NOD" cases (sold as magazine storage containers) from you.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have what and you did?

SGatr15

I'm pretty sure the feedback is still in the EE.  The only things I ever "exchanged" was mags for a membership and two "NOD" cases (sold as magazine storage containers) from you.

I don't think so..

As a matter of fact...I KNOW I didn't.

Sorry.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
theres a guy who goes to the kali gun shows that has brand new ammo cans (as close as your gonna get to NEW) of all shapes and sizes, 30s to 50s to fat 50s to rockets. they are in near perfect condition, no dents, no rust, no scratchs, rubber liner is perfect.
he even modifys some to use a padlock, just an eyebolt, which anyone can do at home for 75cents, but he charges an extra $5.
dont know his source, but the new ones are only a few bucks more than the beater used one others sell.

the dirty rusty ones that i get i usually sand them down, wash them out, and re-spray paint them. its good practice for doing camo jobs, and its easier to remember that the black can has ammo A and the camo can has ammo B and the tan can has ammo C and the candy apple red can has ammo D.

when i was a kid i once had access to a storage shed of over 300 50cal cans, but thats another story.
welcome to kali, we may not have good gun laws, but we got ammo cans
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]
^ yeah but i have nice ones only because they are preban CAL Legal ammo cans
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I have quite a few cans that I got new, with no markings.  If, at the time, I had known just how rare they were I would have tons more.  From 1998 to 2000 I worked at an army surplus/police supply/gun shop in Gainesville Florida.  About once a year, in the summertime, this guy would call and tell us he would be in town in a couple of days.  He would show up in this pickup pulling this big-ass trailer.  Inside the trailer was tons of brand new ammo cans.  How new?  The huge ones came with the gasket but you had to install it yourself.

If anyone wants to doubt this, several of the cans I have still look very good, and I'll try to post pics.  FWIW I've asked this question here before because I'd like some more of them, but nobody has ever been able to point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have what and you did?

SGatr15

I don't think so..

As a matter of fact...I KNOW I didn't.

Sorry.

Sgatr15

I checked to see if I saved the IMs from that deal.  You're right, it wasn't you.  It was markm.  I guess that was too many brain cells ago.  3/24/03.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Buy some 9mm NATO from ammoman.  It comes in a new can, marked 9mm.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
CLICK HEREammo containers

They make great carriers/storage and are cheap

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/471/470524.jpg

GROUP BUY?

Those went for about $1.75 each.  Figure about 15-20% damage for the top cans from strapping and you still get a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I am down for a group buy of SAW ammo cans. Let me know who is doing it and I will help out.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, but I hate to sound too demanding, but nobody has pointed me in the direction of NEW FAT .50 calibler ammo cans.  Ok, I'm willing to settle for EXCELLENT condition (if not new), but the one link above that described their cans in that condition were not FAT 50s.  Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thanks, but I hate to sound too demanding, but nobody has pointed me in the direction of NEW FAT .50 calibler ammo cans.  Ok, I'm willing to settle for EXCELLENT condition (if not new), but the one link above that described their cans in that condition were not FAT 50s.  Any other suggestions?

I thought Troy made it clear.... if you want NEW fat 50's, sign up for the military.

This link was provided above:  www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=ZAA%2D092&mscssid=B7CV8JUMN50V8KCPMNDPPDC5988J133C

Product Description:  Ammo Can "Fat" 50 Caliber 8.5x12.5x7.25" Used Dents,Rust

Now, they say this, but they may or may not be that way.  I have gotten CTD cans that came in looking brand spanking new.... but they have to say this because a lot of their inventory might be a little beat up.  In any case.... it is likely you are gonna have to hit them with a rattle can.... so who cares, right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#20]
i just got a great condition .50cal can at the local gunshop for $7.  i went to buy more and they were all gone.  i want one to hold my cds in my car.  they fit perfectly in a can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top