Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 10:14:22 PM EDT
On an auction site, I recently listed an optics device for rifles for sale.  As it turns out, the winner of the auction is a self proclaimed Aryan Nation member (whatever that means).  I would rather not reveal how he disclosed it to me, but additionally, he provided a link to a website that contains various Nazi insignias and other depictions of Aryan/Nazi support.

I was really surprised by his various indications and open admissions on his views.  Furthermore, I don't feel right about doing business with anyone who endorses or supports the Aryan/Nazi movement.  The fact that something I sold this person may be used in a hatefull way distrurbs me.

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

He has already provided me payment through paypal.  I know that I can just refund his money if I wanted to, but does that really serve any purpose?  Does anybody think I'm being prejudiced in any way?

What if anything should I do?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you are being prejudiced  against a hate group.  Refund his money and contact the site on my you did so.  Sure you may get some negative feedback but so what?

I would rather have a clear conscience then care what someone thinks about me when I KNOW I did the right thing.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On an auction site, I recently listed an optics device for rifles for sale.  As it turns out, the winner of the auction is a self proclaimed Aryan Nation member (whatever that means).  I would rather not reveal how he disclosed it to me, but additionally, he provided a link to a website that contains various Nazi insignias and other depictions of Aryan/Nazi support.

I was really surprised by his various indications and open admissions on his views.  Furthermore, I don't feel right about doing business with anyone who endorses or supports the Aryan/Nazi movement.  The fact that something I sold this person may be used in a hatefull way distrurbs me.

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

He has already provided me payment through paypal.  I know that I can just refund his money if I wanted to, but does that really serve any purpose?  Does anybody think I'm being prejudiced in any way?

Tell the POS to F off. Just because someone has a right to be a POS does not mean we have to like them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Ignore it, and forget about it. Unless he told you he intended something illegal, it's not your problem.

After bank robberies, car companies don't think about going out of business because someone "might" do "something bad" in the future with their product.

Personal responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
He is an angry, misguided white guy.  So what?  You aren't supporting his ideals, you are merely selling him an optic.

My $.02
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Refund his money. State why in his feedback.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If he doesnt know your name, tell him your name is Melvin Greenberg and ask if he still wants to do business. He will decline to buy from a nice Jewish young man.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Aren't you legally obligated to sell it to him now that he's paid?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Aren't you legally obligated to sell it to him now that he's paid?

No

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell him you dropped it and broke it
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Next time you sell something, make sure you put in a disclaimer saying you won't sell to members of Aryan Nation, PETA, Democrats, and any other assorted nazis.  Then you won't have this problem.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wrap it in brown paper and ship it UPS ..... Problem solved
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If he doesnt know your name, tell him your name is Melvin Greenberg and ask if he still wants to do business. He will decline to buy from a nice Jewish young man.

Send him a link to that web page with the fairy guy and tell him that is you and its your part time hobby. http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/ and that you think it would be "fabulous" if you could design some of their uniforms.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally think Nazis and KKK are no better than any Jihad monkey. They are all misguided ass wipes who are angry because they have shitty teeth. I wouldnt sell it to him. Sure you are not supporting his ideals, but would you do the same for some big time pro palestian group?

Sorry, I should quit pushing my view. IMHO they are worthless pieces of crap.

When I worked at a gun shop during the Klinton years someone once asked me why I owned an "assault weapon" I pointed to the table with the Nazi a-holes and said thats why.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a special soft spot for nazis. I'd be half inclined to ship it to him in pieces no larger than 1" square... But that would be a cheesy thing to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top