Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:17 PM EDT
I really think we should up the alert level.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeap...

I have my CCW on holsterd to  my strong side... my full size G21 under the car seat..  my folding tactical SAR-1 in the back seat, and my AR with eotech in my trunk... oh and mags.... there are mags everywhere.

did I forget anything..... oh yea I have plenty of rope and a shovel in the trunk too.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the bacon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

alert levels are for the sheep. Some of us stay on condition red year round.

Regardless of the alert level, I'm going home if anything happens. I doubt that anything stops me.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt that I'll have too many hardships once I get there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

Quite true.  However, the main advantage of raising the alert level is the those responsible for national security move to a stronger set of procedures, which may result in some terrorist activity being detected before it is initiated, that otherwise would not be.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

+1 - alert color code? Just buy ammo, load mags....and cope.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The next few days will be interesting.  Here's hoping that nothing crazy happens.

Did we ever catch those 20 Chechen's they said crossed the border in AZ a few weeks ago or was that bogus????
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

+1 - alert color code? Just buy ammo, load mags....and cope.

I think most Americans have lost the ability to do that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]

What round is best against ricin released in a subway?

Which is better to stop a private plane from hitting the Statue of Liberty, 9mm or .45?

Should I load 7.62 or .223 mags in the event of a truckbomb at the Sears Tower?

Woodland pattern or Desert booney hat?

Decisions decisions.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]

TrollAccount
Post Number :: 73

My you've been busy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

TrollAccount

My you've been busy.

Busy, but honest.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Which is better to stop a private plane from hitting the Statue of Liberty, 9mm or .45?

Decisions decisions.

Whatever... I'm more geared towards headed for the woods than anything else.  

Mags are loaded and put in ammo cans.  Stripper clips filled.  Boxed ammo put to the side.   Rope, clothes, food, lotsa knives, full gas tank, cell phone, cash....   I'm good for at least 2 weeks...

Am I going to STOP a terrorist attack?  No... I'm not delusional.   WIll I make damn sure my ass is covered?    Damn straight.

And there aint nothin wrong with that.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

TrollAccount

My you've been busy.

Not even HALF as busy as SOME people here.

spm681
Team Member
Post Number :: 534

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]
dont count me out, i can still wield my ar with my non broken arm!!!!!!!111

god i need a handgun lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

NO NO NO!!! It's now condition Taupe! Get it right!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I see the same thing everywhere except military bases.

The IC reacts in much the same way as do some of the Federal LEO depts. in the District. Outside of that, there is nothing else. Sad really.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF happens when the alert level goes RED away? Do the JBTs form a protective condom around  all the mosques in this country or some shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
If I were Michael Moore, I'd say that you're all living in fear, lol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

Sorry to disagree with a mod, but you don't understand the system.

The threat levels are more for law enforcement and support agencies at the federal, state, and local levels.  With an increase in threat level, security is increased and funding becomes an issue (staffing levels, increased patrols, etc.).

I've done threat assessment for my agency, and it really is effective in prioritizing resources.  The colors probably should be dumped in favor of numbers.  We could all understand a 1 through 5 system.

It's not perfect, but odds making in any endeavor is only as good as the research.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Decisions decisions.

Dude, stop being reasonable. You're stomping on Red Dawn fantasies.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

The threat levels are more for law enforcement and support agencies at the federal, state, and local levels.  With an increase in threat level, security is increased and funding becomes an issue (staffing levels, increased patrols, etc.).

I've done threat assessment for my agency, and it really is effective in prioritizing resources.  The colors probably should be dumped in favor of numbers.  We could all understand a 1 through 5 system.

It's not perfect, but odds making in any endeavor is only as good as the research.

Yes.  My rationale for increasing the alert level was in reference  to its effect on the LEO security posture - not on its impact/effect on the civilian population.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh shit.  Just got home from work and saw this.  Got my truck loaded now with SHTF gear.  Cocked,  locked, and ready to rock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#26]
This is an oldie but I still like it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#27]
The trouble is that if he did anything, it wouldn't be on a weekend because there are so few people near a place to hear about it (TV, computer, etc).  So, that leaves Monday and Tuesday to do anything, and action on those two days would probably drive everyone to Bush instead of away.

My money is on the weeks after the election, so that the Dems can say "See?  If we would have elected Kerry, and apeased the savages, they wouldnt have done this!  We should have elected someone without a spine!" blah blah blah.  Thats if there will even be an attack.  I really dont think they have the resources here to do it.  But thats just my opinion, and is worth what you paid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Decisions decisions.

Dude, stop being reasonable. You're stomping on Red Dawn fantasies.

RDS!

Have to say, I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The trouble is that if he did anything, it wouldn't be on a weekend because there are so few people near a place to hear about it (TV, computer, etc).  So, that leaves Monday and Tuesday to do anything, and action on those two days would probably drive everyone to Bush instead of away.

My money is on the weeks after the election, so that the Dems can say "See?  If we would have elected Kerry, and apeased the savages, they wouldnt have done this!  We should have elected someone without a spine!" blah blah blah.  Thats if there will even be an attack.  I really dont think they have the resources here to do it.  But thats just my opinion, and is worth what you paid.

Didn't the Madrid bombings occur two days prior to the Spanish election?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Decisions decisions.

The best reply that I've seen in a while and the most disturbing for people who feel they're "prepared" for terrorists by being armed.  Unfortunately terrorists will probably not be showing themselves until it is way too late.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]
All I can think about is what happen in Russia...I have kids!! could the terrorist change their tactics from jets and big buildings to our children? I hope not..but what would effect us more? Tactically/logistically..it would be a much easier OP to plan and implement than stealing a 777!! Not ot take anything away from the  horror of the WTC but I believe it would effect us more psychologically to harm "OUR" children!!

These Fuckers must be dealt with swiftly!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
All I can think about is what happen in Russia...I have kids!! could the terrorist change their tactics from jets and big buildings to our children? I hope not..but what would effect us more? Tactically/logistically..it would be a much easier OP to plan and implement than stealing a 777!! Not ot take anything away from the  horror of the WTC but I believe it would effect us more psychologically to harm "OUR" children!!

100% dead on.  Ever hear Lt. Col. Dave Grossman speak?  He predicted this a couple years ago.  He ran through the scenario, it was sobering to say the least.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#33]
They're so running from our efforts they may not have the ability to do anything short of robbing a bank.  All these video's are designed to scare people into voting for skerry.

Russia is not as professional or organized as us.  Their military and covert operators still work on the old commie system of KGB style chain of command, etc...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't the Madrid bombings occur two days prior to the Spanish election?

That would put the "pending" attack on Sunday.  IMO, its Monday or nothing if its going to happen before.  I would still put more of my money on after the election, provided that its ever sorted out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If you were Michael Moore, you wouldn't be able to climb steps.

...or wash certain areas of your body.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
most disturbing for people who feel they're "prepared" for terrorists by being armed.  Unfortunately terrorists will probably not be showing themselves until it is way too late.

Actually, the only reason to "stock up" is not to fight terrorists but to fend off your FELLOW AMERICANS when the looting starts after the local LE agencies are overwhelmed putting out the fires, cordoning off the contamination areas or setting up relocation centers.

But if you haven't done that already, you're a fool who SHOULD be caught off-guard.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
don't anyone fool themselves, they have the resources (animals ready to sacrifice themselves, and boxcutters (in the case of 9-11)).  We have to be on the lookout for this shit.  We are our best defense against the animals!  We all must keep our ears unplugged and our eyes open, most of us here do this anyway I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That doesn't serve the purposes of the terrorists.  If they wait until after Bush is re-elected, they have to deal with him for 4 more years.  And I think it would make Iraq look like a walk in the park.  If they can't help get Special K elected, it's their asses.  But that's just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

Woody
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were Michael Moore, you wouldn't be able to climb steps.

...or wash certain areas of your body.

Also, if you were michael moore, you would be on the top 20 invitee list for PFD FMJ target practice. PFD = pork fat dipped.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I had a talk with my wife this evening.

I think I really freaked her out.  But, she will have a few weeks worth of staples in the house ASAP and I'm putting a couple of maps in her glove box with back roads routs out of the city to both my parents and my brother's houses.  She's a country club girl and hasn't had to think too much about the cold hard world so she didn't like what I had to say but understands my concern.

I work 50 miles north of the city in a hospital so if something does happen while I'm at the office I may not be able to get home quickly if our disaster plan is enacted.  I want to make sure the wife and kids can either hold up at the house or bug out if she needs to.  I'm not exactly sure what to expect.  But the fact that there were two tapes released within 2 days hightens my sense of skeptisism.

We're not doing anything elaborate.  Just talking about "what if's".  

Kind of like planning a fire drill or tornado drill.

Is anyone else doing anything similar or am I taking all of this waaay too seriously?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
don't anyone fool themselves, they have the resources (animals ready to sacrifice themselves, and boxcutters (in the case of 9-11)).  We have to be on the lookout for this shit.  We are our best defense against the animals!  We all must keep our ears unplugged and our eyes open, most of us here do this anyway I'm sure.

Home run here buddy.  Exactly what huge resources do islamofacists need to conduct a horrendous op that would have huge political implications on election day?  All they need is a dozen faithful from the local mosque, a crate of AK's (get them from Pakistan please, they are much cheaper), and a crate of ammo.  Throw in a rental truck and a shopping mall or crowded school.  I don't care how hard we cripple the international "network", we can't stop the true terror attacks.  

We do need to be in condition red.  Bin Laden LOVES to repeat his ops.  If he did indeed release a similiar video as the psy-op portion of the Spanish train bombing, then I predict a good chance we will get hit before Tuesday.  Considering the issues and the candidates, a mass school or mall shooting would literally launch Kerry into office with burners on and enough momentum to literally just delete the Constitution if he wanted to.  

As far as what is the best caliber to shoot down a hijacked small plane?  Don't know.  But 5.56mm will work just fine defending my home from any looters that may run amok after an NBC event, or even a Kerry loss on Tueday!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to what?

a dark shade of mauve?

actually i do understand the alert levels VERY well. I also see first hand how a LOT of agencies actually respond to them. The current system was a complete waste of tax money. IMHO.

It's to reassure the sheeple that everything will be alright, and nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Decisions decisions.

Obviously you don't live in LA.

CW
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Well part of what everybody is saying I agree with but I think if Terr do anything it will be Sunday,or Monday (before the elections)  won't do any good in changing the vote afterwards!!!

But one is asked if stock pileing Ammo is going to help?   I say yes because if anything happens there will be a new Ultra Red  Alert and no Guns or ammo will be sold !!!

You might well have a six month freeze on such!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#46]
maybe sometime monday?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top