Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:19:43 PM EDT
So I head out at lunch to scoop up some ammo for my carry weapon. I wanted to get some white box for the range, and a few boxes of golden sabers for CCW. I go to a local place, ask about the ammo....dont have it....so I ask about the next best thing - Federal Hydrashok...after a kinda glare i get a "umm yeah, we do have those". No big deal, I see three boxes and ask for all three. Got whitebox in bulk packs? (the 100 rnd box)...."Nope".  

Here is the one that got me.....I asked if they had sillouttes ( I need targets, right?)
Guy said something about not carrying law enforcement products...and that was it.
It occurred to me later that I remember asking for silloutte targets in the past and being asked if I was a cop....WTF?

If I am buying .40S&W Hydrashok's...did he think I was going hunting? Perhaps sighting in a new scope? Its a damn defense round...its only purpose is to stop a human from breathing. Obviously, if I want to practice with my CCW, a life size silloutte is the most realistic target I can use (without being stupid - IE. clothing store manequines would be cool - I gotta look into that)

Anyway...why are some gun stores so anti 2A ?
Of all the places, I would think a gun shop would understand my desire to shoot at life size sillouttes. As it was, I got a dirty look for buying hollow points.

Oh well....they lost my business on that. I will go to a store where they fully understand what its all about.....and dont refuse sale of paper target to civilians. Honestly.....I need to be a cop to buy a fkn target? Like its wrong that a citizen should practice shooting at the likely target they would encounter if they needed to deploy a weapon in self defense....fk it, time for beer # 5 of the night!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What shop are you referring to ?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Once again I'm glad I left Jersey 12 years ago..
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had some bad experiences in NJ gun shops as well.  My father and brother in laws live there. They like to shoot so I go with them to these places. I had a guy flip out on me once because I told my father in law that the AR he was looking at would look better with a couple thirty round magazines in it. He started going off about how that is illegal, and he won't sell us guns if we are going to do that stuff, and how our behavior was inappropriate in his place of business. All for mentioning 39 round magazines.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Make your own targets thats what I do.My dad lays on this big ass peice of paper and I trace his outline with a marker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Once again I'm glad I left Jersey 12 years ago..

Ha, me too
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy in bulk:

www.speedwelltargets.com/Mindex.htm

They are in Jersey, too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
You did the right thing. Now take it one step further and encourage your shooter friends to avoid the place. But tell them(the store) why. I vote with my dollars("They'll" get the message)

YMMV

hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Next time inform them that you prefer to support a store that supports rights of all gun responsible gun owners, not just hunters.

Excellent point....damnit..why does NO ONE understand what the 2A is about?
Thank god for this website, how the fk can someone be a gun owner and never even consider that the whole purpose of the 2A is to keep a check of balance against a would be oppressor.

A few thoughts.....

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
What I love about living in PA is, I go to the range with my M4gery...set up sillouttes at 50 and 100...and stand at the firing line taking alternating shots.......and no one blinks an eye. On a firing line with 10 benches, it isnt uncommon to see half a dozen AR's, an AK or two, an SKS...a few sub-MOA .308 guys, and a couple of guys tuning up CCW's at the far end with practical distance shots.

In NJ (where I once lived)...bring an AR to the range and you are treated like an enigma....everyone figures you must be on a SWAT team....or a Ranger on leave.....plain fkn stupid.

I am SO glad I moved to the free state of PA
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Next time inform them that you prefer to support a store that supports rights of all gun responsible gun owners, not just hunters.

Excellent point....damnit..why does NO ONE understand what the 2A is about?
Thank god for this website, how the fk can someone be a gun owner and never even consider that the whole purpose of the 2A is to keep a check of balance against a would be oppressor.

A few thoughts.....

www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/S_SNIPER.JPG

www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/s_ploy.jpg

www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/thinkagain_s.jpg

www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/weapons_s.jpg

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=287984
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Yankees. That's the problem, and New Jersey is overrun with 'em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top