Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2004 12:04:26 PM EDT
THE FUTURE OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union (please refer to the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848).

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins president over Bush. We'll miss you too.

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our their hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States.  (all 49 states.)

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space industry.)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry. (we have over 65% of it) The term "Don't  mess with Texas," will take on a who le new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas  will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola,Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials,
Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to ke ep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers.

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

13.  We host GUNSTOCK!!!!!!!  

14.  We have "The Hun Farm"!!!!!!!

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

We will welcome all gun owners.  The password will be "we've got ammo."  

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People in Texas

Have a nice day!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I still own that house in Tyler
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
texas = mexico.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be down on November 3rd!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
so when is it that texas takes over the rest of the states.  we dont need a couple of texas rangers, we got Walker, oh and I only have 3 rifles so I gues I have to get 3 more to qualify.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
texas = mexico.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be down on November 3rd!

me too!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
consider me a future immigrant
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
texas = mexico.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that Right to Succeed was taken out after the Civil War.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
google:

The The Treaty of Annexation was signed April 12, 1844.

It mentions no such right of secession.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
future Texas = United State of America
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
future Texas = United State of America

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, it'll be weird having people running across our other borders.

Just one stipulation though.  Every one dude across must bring at least 2 hot chicks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Based on the above comment, we hereby agree to change the password to "I've got ammo, and 2 hot chicks."  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Build a wall to die down the radio active glow so I can't see it in Missouri.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Based on the above comment, we hereby agree to change the password to "I've got ammo, and 2 hot chicks."  

Thanks, didn't want to end up living in the sausage state.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
To tell the truth, that spirit (and, I know it's widespread in Texas) is one reason I'd rather be in Texas if the SHTF.  We're considering a move, but the wife is somewhat lukewarm on TX, and prefers AZ.  

Why would you need a couple of Texas Rangers?  There's only one invasion, isn't there?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Arizona would probably join you, though they'd have to annex New Mexico to get a border with you.

They'd probably have to kick the snowbirds out but that could be made easier by starting the rebellion in the summer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
If you take that Commnist Molly Ivins along, I'm conflicted, but for it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
texas = mexico.

Arkansas = Gay.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
To tell the truth, that spirit (and, I know it's widespread in Texas) is one reason I'd rather be in Texas if the SHTF.  We're considering a move, but the wife is somewhat lukewarm on TX, and prefers AZ.  

Why would you need a couple of Texas Rangers?  There's only one invasion, isn't there?

One Riot, One Ranger....One Invasion, Two Rangers (hell, they'll have vehicles)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#23]
www.snopes.com/history/american/texas.asp

read the last sentence

there is also a legend that the Texas flag is the only state flag that can be flown at the same height as the US flag.  Its also false.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Be the only way UT could beat OU.......Close the borders and then those good Texas football players could request political asylum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#25]
If those fucks steal the election, I'll be down soon.  Save some room for me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Refugees from Hilary's camp welcome.  Just make sure the bitch doesn't follow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just remember the password, "I've got ammo and 2 hot chicks"

Actually, as I think about the password, I realize that it will work in many more situations than just entry into the new Republic of Texas.  When would anyone turn someone down that stated they have ammo and 2 hot chicks....    

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
THE FUTURE OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union (please refer to the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848).

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins president over Bush. We'll miss you too.

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our their hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States.  (all 49 states.)

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space industry.)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry. (we have over 65% of it) The term "Don't  mess with Texas," will take on a who le new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas  will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola,Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials,
Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to ke ep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers.

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

13.  We host GUNSTOCK!!!!!!!  

14.  We have "The Hun Farm"!!!!!!!

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

We will welcome all gun owners.  The password will be "we've got ammo."  

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People in Texas

Have a nice day!

Maybe, but yall still lost to OU    
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Um...we helped you guys out at the alamo.....

If Texas ever seceeds, I'll be the guy in the red pickup crossing the state line with a rifle hanging out the window, singing 'rocky top'.

Let me in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought you Texans always thought big?

To hell with secession, just annex all states directly north of you into the "Greater Texas Republic", stopping only when you hit Canada.

I'll leave food and ammo on the back porch for y'all.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Give me a head start to move to texas before this happens ok?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#33]
The original Texas Embassy building is still there in London from Texas's time as an Independent country… it's a wine store now, but I'm sure you could reopen it as an Embassy again if you became independent again!

"On the northern corner of Pall Mall in London, as it turns  up into St James's street stands the Texas Legation, now a  wine merchant's - when Texas was a Lone Star State this was its embassy  in London. After Texas won its independence from Mexico in 1836, England was one of the first countries in the world to recognize the Republic of  Texas as a nation. Their charge d'affaires to the Court of St. James, Dr.  Ashbel Smith rented office space at 3 St. James's St in an upper floor  above Berry Bros. and Rudd (who opened a grocers here in 1696)  If you pop in you can see a large set of scales used  to weigh coffee - nearby residents would also get themselves weighed here  - the shop's ledgers record the weights of Lord  Byron, Horatio Nelson, his mistress Lady Hamilton and Queen Victoria's father."

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#35]
We can put all the boys from Tech, A&M, and tu together and kick all the rest in ball.

Now, pass the hot sauce....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#36]
SHEEEEIT I always wanted to be a cowboy. Texas sounds a whole lot better than New Jersey.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I thought you Texans always thought big?

To hell with secession, just annex all states directly north of you into the "Greater Texas Republic", stopping only when you hit Canada.

I'll leave food and ammo on the back porch for y'all.  

The last time I posted this, that was the discussion.  We would go ahead and annex Oklahoma (so we can have Stoops), Arkansas (so we can have Wal-Mart) Louisiana (so we can have almost all the rest of the oil production) New Mexico (we want some mountains) and Arizona (we then have a nice buffer between Phoenix and the Peoples Republic of Calif).

Funny how this actually compares with the electoral college map.  East and West coasts are blue, most of the middle are red.  Well, maybe THAT is what should happen.  Ever hear the phrase "devide and conquer"  Well. we may have to do just that.....

God Bless Texas!!  

Everyone with ammo and two hot chicks, you're in!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union

Yeah right. Even if it were true you would be dreaming that it could EVER happen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#39]
But the following is written in the Texas Government Code

§ 3100.055. Display on Flagpole or Flagstaff With Flag of United States
(a) If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.
(b) If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:
(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;

(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;
(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;
(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and
(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, § 7.001, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

Just wanted to point out there are Federal and State versions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#40]
And additionally for "our" army...we have the largest stockpile of Nukes in the world.

WWW.Pantex.Com

Just down the road from me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Um...we helped you guys out at the alamo.....

If Texas ever seceeds, I'll be the guy in the red pickup crossing the state line with a rifle hanging out the window, singing 'rocky top'.

Let me in.

Hey I got a redpick up to ,though its a yoda, but Ill be behind him, dont forget us Volunteers-remember the Alamo
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union

Yeah right. Even if it were true you would be dreaming that it could EVER happen.

Seems as though even though you can post over and over you dont seem to have much of a sense of humor.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
texas = mexico.

FL=CUBA
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#45]
My Brother lives in Allen, I'm headed there with everyting I own (gun wise).

Eric told me I was welcome a year or so back.

Better there for me, I hate snow. Does Texas have a DOT and need a mechanic/welder?

I'll be in a silver 89 Ford f-250 4x4 waving like hell, don't shoot.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Texas....

Bigger than France!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Texas....

Bigger than France!!

And even with all the bullshit, it still smells better too!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Better there for me, I hate snow. Does Texas have a DOT and need a mechanic/welder?

Danny

As long as you're in a pickup you'll be alright.  We'll be shooting at hybrid cars, minicoopers, and various other weiner mobiles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

As long as you're in a pickup you'll be alright.  We'll be shooting at hybrid cars, minicoopers, and various other weiner mobiles.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#50]
20 years ago, California was a bastion of conservatism.  Two Republican presidents orignated from that state in the preceeding two decades, and the modern anti-tax movement started there.

Look at it now.  What happened?  

Illegal immigration.

The same thing will happen to Texas in a couple of decades, since it is experiencing the same problem California had 20 years ago.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top