User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 9:27:33 AM EDT
Received this via e-mail today....

http://ampx.net/rjs/ATT187691.jpg

http://ampx.net/rjs/ATT187691(1).jpg

http://ampx.net/rjs/ATT187691(2).jpg

http://ampx.net/rjs/ATT187691(3).jpg

All photos courtesy of MSGT T. Collins, USAF    

The  Iraqi jet, an advanced Russian MiG-25 Foxbat, was found buried  in the sand after an informant tipped off U.S.  troops.  The  MiG was dug out of a massive sand dune near the Al Taqqadum  airfield by U.S. Air Force recovery  teams.  The MiG was reportedly one of over two dozen Iraqi jets buried  in the sand, like hidden treasure,  waiting  to be recovered at a later date. Contrary to what some in the  major media have reported, not all the jets found were from  the Gulf War era.    The  Russian-made MiG-25 Foxbat being recovered by U.S. Air Force  troops in the photos is an advanced reconnaissance version  never before seen in the West and is equipped with sophisticated electronic warfare  devices.  

The Foxbat is known to be one of Iraq's top jet fighters. The  advanced electronic reconnaissance version found by the U.S.  Air Force is currently in service with the Russian air force.  The MiG is capable of flying at speeds of  over 2,000  miles an hour, or three  times the speed of sound,  and at altitudes of over 75,000  feet.

The  recovery of the advanced MiG fighter is considered to be an  intelligence coup by the U.S. Air Force. The Foxbat may also be equipped with advanced Russian- and French-made electronics that were sold to Iraq during the 1990s in violation of a U..N. ban on arms sales to Baghdad.  

The  discovery of the buried Iraqi jet fighters illustrates the problem faced by U.S. inspection teams searching Iraq for weapons of mass destruction. Iraq is larger in size than California, and the massive deserts south and west of Baghdad were used by Saddam Hussein to hide weapons during the first Gulf war.  

U.S. intelligence sources have already uncovered several mass grave burial sites in the open deserts with an estimated 10,000 dead hidden there. In addition, Iraq previously hid SCUD missiles, chemical weapons and biological warheads by burying them under  the desert sand.  

Some critics of the Bush administration have claimed that the inability of U.S. forces to uncover weapons of mass  destruction is proof that the president misled the nation into the war with Iraq.  

However,  in recent days the critics have fallen silent as word quietly leaked from Iraq that major discoveries have already been made and are now being documented completely. Bush administration officials are keeping any such discoveries secret for the  moment.  Pray they will find something to close the mouth of all his critics before election day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to 2003.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Dear god man, where have you been?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
SUPERDOOP!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The USAF must have that flying at Red Flag by now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
That is older than shit but actually has GREAT significance in the hunt for WMDs and I wish that it's implications would be spread far and wide

I mean if they went to the trouble of hiding an old assed MIG then WTF do you think they did with the WMDs? It is a big desert ya know?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]

(Wayne Newton)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Poor guy...

Thinks he found something of importance, something to share with the group, and what does he get?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to AR15.com, TraceEvidence! Glad to have you on board.

Give him a break guys. How would you have known this had already been posted?

His post count is 1.

I wouldn't feel very welcome to our group if I were replied to like this, on my first thread!

Geez! Dunderheads!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
TraceEvidence: Thanks for the post. It is a great reminder how immense the Iraqi desert is.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes.... we learn more from a spanking than from a warm embrace.

Welcome to the board TE!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#12]
You keep reporting stuff when you find it TraceEvidence.

Who knows, you might break the next big story.

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  The "flaming of the dupe poster" is part of the fun here.  Someone will be along shortly with the "AGNTSA" guy...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#16]
That was post number one!.

Hmmm....not off to a good start.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#17]
TROLL ACCOUNT!

No newbie would ever figure out the pic posting!  Hmmmmmm?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sometimes.... we learn more from a spanking than from a warm embrace.

Welcome to the board TE!

PLEASE PUT DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE FORTUNE COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Welcome to AR15.com, TraceEvidence! Glad to have you on board.

Give him a break guys. How would you have known this had already been posted?

His post count is 1.

I wouldn't feel very welcome to our group if I were replied to like this, on my first thread!

Geez! Dunderheads!

Hey, I can take the heat !!

At least my first post wasn't asking which is better... Colt or Bushmaster or what kind of ammo is best.

I lurked for a month, got overwhelmed with all the info, and figured out what I liked.  Made a few phone calls and found a good deal on a RRA.  Should arrive next week hanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That is older than shit but actually has GREAT significance in the hunt for WMDs and I wish that it's implications would be spread far and wide

I mean if they went to the trouble of hiding an old assed MIG then WTF do you think they did with the WMDs? It is a big desert ya know?

A most excellent observation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Exactly. The 1000s of litres of missing sarin and other biochems works out to be ONE tractor-trailer load. If they can bury one of the biggest fighter jets around, why the hell couldn't they have done the same with the Biochem.
We already know there were plenty of traces of cyanide and other precursor chemicals in the Tigris and Euphrates when we got close to Bagdad, and some German-manufactured nuclear-bomb timing triggers were pulled from the river as well.

That and the truck convoys that fled into Syria and on to the Bekaa are Known. I'm just wondering when the fuck we'll do anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to last YEAR!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hey guys,  You missed the real point of his post.

He figured out how to do multiple pics without asking in his first post!!!!

He gets props for that!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top