Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 5:45:16 AM EDT
At my work address.  I never give it out, yet I get 10-20 SPAM's a day.

My responses to some of the subject lines of spam I have received in the last few days.  Most are bounced back to me, but its fun to make up responces.

SUBJECT: pain is killing me
Really?  SPAM is killing me!

SUBJECT: is your wife suspicious??
No, a couple girlfriends are, but the wife has no clue!

SUBJECT: my girlfriend isn't in pain anymore
Good for her!  Did she finally dump you?

SUBJECT: You need only 15 minutes to prepare for the night of love!
.......That will probably only last 15 seconds.

SUBJECT: You Can Be a Cop!
You can send spam messages!

SUBJECT: Want to surprise her?
Stuff it in her pooper and post pics!

SUBJECT: Wow $519,536  is waiting for you!
Really? A pair of cuffs and anal ease is waiting for you.

SUBJECT: Wonderful night of love after 15 minutes! burn terry
WTF does burning terry have to do with a night of love?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If your email address is short or generic and lacking in numbers (Such as [email protected], [email protected], or so on), you're the victim of random attacks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If your email address is short or generic and lacking in numbers (Such as [email protected], [email protected], or so on), you're the victim of random attacks.

Its a work address for a large company, I cannot change it.

IT has been working on for a month or so now. Trying to get there filters to work better.  They are using me as a reference because I get so much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it true that responding to the "unsubscribe" option merely notifies them that your email address is valid, and results in more spam?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is it true that responding to the "unsubscribe" option merely notifies them that your email address is valid, and results in more spam?  

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I hardly ever see a single spam.

Work has excellent filters.  It aint hard, just buy a decent product for the mail servers!

Home, I use a Yahoo account.  Awesome spam protection.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#7]

I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top