Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:24:57 AM EDT
Funny little story....

My 5 year old daughter went over to a friend's house. My wife comes back and says "they have a bunch of Kerry signs in the yard." That's no good, methinks.

She goes on to tell me that as our daughter walks into their house, the mom says "Don't worry - we don't have any guns in the house."

I deadpanned and said "What? Do they need to borrow some?"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#1]

I deadpanned and said "What? Do they need to borrow some?"

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I would worry if the DIDN'T have any guns.

I make it point to disengage any social contacts as soon as I find out their ideology differs significantgly from mine.  Being anti-gun is the number one reason for doing so, in my book.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I make it point to disengage any social contacts as soon as I find out their ideology differs significantgly from mine.  Being anti-gun is the number one reason for doing so, in my book.

Oh believe me - I don't know them. It's my 5 year old daughter that's taken a real liking to their daughter (they go to preschool together). No point inserting my ideology in the kid's friendship, so I bit my tongue...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I feel the same way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I disagree, but that's just mho.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh believe me - I don't know them. It's my 5 year old daughter that's taken a real liking to their daughter (they go to preschool together). No point inserting my ideology in the kid's friendship, so I bit my tongue...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+++++++1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It's funny...I guess....that I know people that refuse to expose their kids (or themsleves) to reality.
If it were me having little bobby from down the street over..I would say "Dont worry, we are armed and your child is safe at my home"

My wife's friend is a single hippie mom....with a brat kid. When they visit, its like a fkn "shhhhhhh" about the fact that I keep guns around because hippie wouldnt visit with her kid if she knew that there was a gun in the house. I think if I showed her my M4 she would cry. What she doesnt know is, I am carrying my CCW when her and her precious little (uninformed) kid are out with me and the missus.

Ahhhh...liberals.....they make for fun stories.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I was doing my computer work at the shop when a young sales girl walked through the door.  She looked at our little table with a pile of gun magazines and the first thing she says is 'Oh, a gun now I'm scared.'  So I asked her if she was afraid of all magazines, or just ones with guns on them, then I promptly kicked her out.  Can't stand people just walking past the no soliciting sign.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Last friday night at the house:

[girl I'm dating] I don't like guns [/girl I'm dating]

[me] better move....you're sitting on one [/me]

[me] nope...there's one in the love seat, too [/me]

[me] just sit on the couch beside me, I'll sit by the gun [/me]

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Last friday night at the house:

[girl I'm dating] I don't like guns [/girl I'm dating]

[me] better move....you're sitting on one [/me]

[me] nope...there's one in the love seat, too [/me]

[me] just sit on the couch beside me, I'll sit by the gun [/me]

What she didn't get up and run into the front door try to get out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]
If I know antis are coming here, on purpose I'm outside shooting when they arrive.

Mind you, I'm a people person. Just not their kind of people person.

I love rubbing salt in open wounds.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Yesterday I had to stop by the bookstore to pick up a card for my brother. Standing in front of me in the check-out line was a young (20 - ish) woman. She had two Guns and Ammo magazines. The old, hippie gray-haired Kerry liberal who rang her up almost fell over!  When it was my turn to pay for my goods, I said to the cashier, "Isn't it nice to see a young woman so interested in firearms?"

She couldn't respond.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, you never know where you'll be sitting during the home invasion.

Besides, it would look silly to have a half-dozen handguns on the nightstand  the nightstand is full.
(ok, that last part is an exaggeration, but the seating part really happened. She sat on the edge of the couch for a half hour)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Just to clarify:

I don't know the girl's parents at all. My wife just stopped by there for something related to my daughter's birthday party.

I hope none of you are suggesting I tell my (just turned) 5 year old daughter that she can't play with her best friend because Mommy and Daddy don't like her friend's parents political philosophy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top