Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2004 3:25:52 AM EDT
Just thought it was interesting that there is no bayo lug on the AK this guy is holding... so I guess he must have bought it at a gun show BEFORE September 13th...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
So the tape was recorded in the US?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It has a folding stock on it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
good observation! That's very interesting, I wonder if the FBI has noticed that. You should let them know.

I thought the tape was funny in the sense that he sounded like he was reading a childrens book in the way he was speaking. Not a funny situation though. Just another dumbass in line for us to kill.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the story with this guy? Anyone have a link to the video?  And COZ, is that a Beretta 89 Standard in your avatar pic?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is the story with this guy? And COZ, is that a Beretta 89 Standard in your avatar pic?

Dont remember the model. I'm at work right now. It is a 22 cal. Target model if that helps. LOVE to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I was trying to determine that this morning when they first played a tidbit of it.

It obviously has a folding stock, but the muzzle sure does look post-ban to me, and I DON'T think they sold those to terrorists...

Also, have you noticed that the video just LOOKS different? They're using a bettter camera. It's just like you can tell from a glance if a TV show is Star Trek. The camera itself lends a feel to colors and such.

I fear this was filmed here in the states....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:57:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually I meant to say flash hider in the original post...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The picture is poor, but there appears to be threads on it, just no slanted brake or flash suppressor.  

In order for that to accomodate that type of folder, the receiver would have to possess the appropriate side holes.  It is unlikely that they would go to the trouble of smithing a post ban receiver to accept that folder.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the likelyhood that some Dem recorded this video in an attempt to get Kerry elected and all he could find was a post-ban AK-variant to use for his video???
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:18:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone post a photo of your AK's so we can do a direct comparison, the first three things I noticed about the video 1)Its in english not arabic 2)The quality of the film appears significantly better than the others 3)Lack of flashhider

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:22:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I would guees he got it from the ice cream/bullet hose truck that came around his neighborhood.   That or picked it up from under a AK-47 tree that grew after the AWB expired.

The dems will use this ....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe all those videos are being made in America?  Maybe by the CIA?  How the hell would we know?

I'm sure there are AK variants with no bayo lugs...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe all those videos are being made in America?  Maybe by the CIA?  How the hell would we know?

Oh, for the love of God!

Will somebody muzzle this fucking troll already?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#17]
ding ding ding!  correct!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The media stories have been pointing out the high production quality on that video, and claim it's a trademark of the Al Quada media studio.

On the other hand, I am absolutely certain I could create a video exactly like that with my DVCAM camera and editing equipment here. I'd just have to call in my Arabic-speaking friend to get the text right.

I have absolutely no idea whether this video is real or not.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like he's wearing a VC scarf...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The media stories have been pointing out the high production quality on that video, and claim it's a trademark of the Al Quada media studio.

On the other hand, I am absolutely certain I could create a video exactly like that with my DVCAM camera and editing equipment here. I'd just have to call in my Arabic-speaking friend to get the text right.

I have absolutely no idea whether this video is real or not.

You are forgiven.

If the CIA can't figure it out...then chances are we can't either.  What amazes me is that these 'fear-tactics of mass slaughter' all stem from one of many interpretations of the Koran.

The historical confilct of Islam versus Christianity has reared it's head once again.  The difference is that this time.....one side has all the firepower and the other is armed with scarves, 'post ban AK's', and a handful of explosives.

Regardless.....if that shit makes it over to the US......our worlds gonna change REAL quick.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#22]
YOU KICK MY DOG!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes, and maybe Bush planned 911.
US Troops cut off Nick Berg's head, of course on'y AFTER they filmed an elaborate hoax, faking his beheading.

Yeah.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#24]
just another guy who cannot get a date (who is not an 8 year old boy) he i just hoping someone will help him find his 72 virgins

i am sure someone will be kind enough to help
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#25]
The guy looks like he turned to Islamic terrorism after no one would come see him play in his death metal garage band.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
YOU KICK MY DOG!!!!

"My wife and daughter are dying and you offer me a coupon?  SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

-- Kamal
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm sure there are AK variants with no bayo lugs...

<sigh> it HAS a bayonet lug.

and here's another clue, the earliest ak47 boyonets used a 'claw' at the rear that wrapped around the gas block. the lock was at rhe front of the bayonet handle and the lock slide engaged the front sight base.

later styles engahed the tab on the gas block.

knowledge of the facts is fundamental to putting forth a point.

Yep....

It was when I saw that that I realized the thing was NOT a post-ban.

As for the Al-Qaeda media lab, I have no idea.

I just hope we nail these bastards with extreme prejudice before they do anything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...the first three things I noticed about the video 1)Its in english not arabic...

Jeezus you're observant!  I didn't even noticed that the first time I saw the video.  You must work for the CIA or something...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#29]

I bet I could take that smirk off his face...and enjoy doing it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#30]
this guy is a living turd. Someone should kill him, and then burn down his familys home just to make sure non of them live to reproduce.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I have heard there has been some question whether the speaker in the tape was an American. If you heard it, the guy mispronounced tyranny.

This is obvious proof that the speaker was educated in an American public school.

96Ag
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Operating under the theory:

"Winning the War on Terrorism- One dead terrorist at a time".......

I believe this POS should be next in line.

Its about time we had a huge take-down of one or more of the leadership of Al queda.

Bin ladin, al Zawahiri, al Zarqaui.............

or one of the seven the FBI recently posted as Most Wanted for their involvement ...etc etc...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#33]
that is definitely not a neutered AK, it has a bayonet lug and a folding stock.  it is possible that it doesnt have a threaded barrel due to the huge number of places making variants of them
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The guy looks like he turned to Islamic terrorism after no one would come see him play in his death metal garage band.

www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/gadahn2.jpg

Definately looks like your typical "Mom doesn't love me" teenager....

- BG
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Definately looks like your typical "Mom doesn't love me" teenager....

- BG

Yep, unfortunately you're probably right.  Must be hell growing up in Orange County.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#36]
That Shemagh (sp?) head wrap looks straight out of Brigade Quartermaters cataloge. Wonder if they checked that angle. I have one like a lot of other people do who may be heading overseas.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have heard there has been some question whether the speaker in the tape was an American. If you heard it, the guy mispronounced tyranny.

This is obvious proof that the speaker was educated in an American public school.

96Ag

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That Shemagh (sp?) head wrap looks straight out of Brigade Quartermaters cataloge. Wonder if they checked that angle. I have one like a lot of other people do who may be heading overseas.

Does it have the strength to support his ass, if theoretically it were wrapped around his neck and attached to something?

I have this funny, zero tolerance approach to traitors...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#39]
where can i see the tape?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#40]
i read an article he wrote where he claimed he was homeschooled on a goat ranch in western riversiade county CA. crappy homeschooling could have produced his mastery of the english language.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

If the CIA can't figure it out...then chances are we can't either.  

I wouldn't be too sure on that anymore... look who caught the CBS bogus documents gaffe? Not to slight the company, but there is a pretty diverse pool of individuals here, from all sorts of backgrounds & experience, and the power of a few hundred people scrutinizing something is nothing to sneeze at - had the guy in the video been holding an AR, who would know more about the weapon - Langley or this place?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU KICK MY DOG!!!!

-- Kamal

[arnold] If you like pinaple I KILL YOU!.... If you Like peperoni and bullets you caome to the right place [/arnold]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Link to video yet?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#44]
FoxNews has the video stream.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#45]
My family is puking, and you try to give me a coupon I Kill You.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
snip.....

the finish wear is typical of middle east kalashnikovs that have been in use for many decades of service.

....snip

In a sheepish grin, I have to admit that I have a SAR-1 (2003) that I made look all old and ratty, just like that one in the pic here (it's not that ONE BTW) but I am just pointing out that  a a new rifle (with crappy finish) can me made to look old, here's how I did it:

Had the rifle a week and decided to sandblast it.  Sprayed Moly Resin on it with a cheap airbrush that did not cover it very well.  Started using the gun and decided to take a scotch brite pad to it to see how tough the finsih was.  The finish, being thin anyway, started showing the silver metal underneath.  I liked the look so I kept rubbing it with the scotch brite pad until the rifle finish was very smooth and very thin.  I could not get the finish off completely, but after several raining camping trips, the AK looks like it's been used for 20+ years.  I posted a thread about doing it in OD green next, but the way it looks now has grown on me.  So one could make a rifle look old if one wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Guys, I was just being a smartass when I said about him looking like he became a Muslim because no one went to see his death metal garage band.  Then I go to Drudge and see this "Becoming a Muslim" story (written by Adam) linked.

Becoming Muslim

In the meantime, I had become obsessed with demonic Heavy Metal music, something the rest of my family (as I now realize, rightfully so) was not happy with. My entire life was focused on expanding my music collection. I eschewed personal cleanliness and let my room reach an unbelievable state of disarray. My relationship with my parents became strained, although only intermittently so. I am sorry even as I write this.

Earlier this year, I began to listen to the apocalyptic ramblings of Christian radio's "prophecy experts." Their paranoid espousal of various conspiracy theories, rabid support of Israel and religious Zionism, and fiery preaching about the "Islamic Threat" held for me a strange fascination. Why? Well, I suppose it was simply the need I was feeling to fill that void I had created for myself. In any case, I soon found that the beliefs these evangelists held, such as Original Sin and the Infallibility of "God's Word", were not in agreement with my theological ideas (not to mention the Bible) and I began to look for something else to hold onto.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU KICK MY DOG!!!!

-- Kamal

POISON FANG BITE MY EYE!

Sir, you need to call 911.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Guys, I was just being a smartass when I said about him looking like he became a Muslim because no one went to see his death metal garage band.  Then I go to Drudge and see this "Becoming a Muslim" story (written by Adam) linked.

Becoming Muslim

In the meantime, I had become obsessed with demonic Heavy Metal music, something the rest of my family (as I now realize, rightfully so) was not happy with. My entire life was focused on expanding my music collection. I eschewed personal cleanliness and let my room reach an unbelievable state of disarray. My relationship with my parents became strained, although only intermittently so. I am sorry even as I write this.

Earlier this year, I began to listen to the apocalyptic ramblings of Christian radio's "prophecy experts." Their paranoid espousal of various conspiracy theories, rabid support of Israel and religious Zionism, and fiery preaching about the "Islamic Threat" held for me a strange fascination. Why? Well, I suppose it was simply the need I was feeling to fill that void I had created for myself. In any case, I soon found that the beliefs these evangelists held, such as Original Sin and the Infallibility of "God's Word", were not in agreement with my theological ideas (not to mention the Bible) and I began to look for something else to hold onto.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top