Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:00:16 PM EDT
I was looking for info on Mad Max:Fury Road( production has been shelved) when I came across this:

Under and Alone

Year of Release: 2005  
Cast: Mel Gibson.

Distributor: Warner Bros. Pictures
Genres: Drama, Crime/Gangster
Theatrical Release Date: TBA, 2005 .  
Synopsis: An officer in the Southern California office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms infiltrates the notorious Mongols motorcycle gang, where his undercover work leads to more than 80 arrests. He is then put into a witness protection program.  

www.movieinsider.com

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds lame.

wasnt charlie sheen in this movie oh...10 years ago?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So who's the Hero and who's the Villian in this story?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You have to ask!? The motorcycle gang is obviously the heroes here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
BATFEG?  This is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
watching a movie is like giving a dime to the Democratic party.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I dont see myself spending money on that
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll see it if the prick bastard gets killed in it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to ask!? The motorcycle gang is obviously the heroes here.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Mel Gibson played a motorcycle cop with a BOTD on back, making driver education safety films earlier this week. I think the show was called Complete Savages. First time I saw that show.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
the part where he goes into CA gun shops and writes down the names of 50cal owners should be exciting!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sounds lame.

Beyond the Law - 1992

I had no idea other people had seen this movie!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Depends who shoots the dog.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sounds lame.

Beyond the Law - 1992

I had no idea other people had seen this movie!  

My second earliest memory of Linda Fiorentino, after "Gotcha".

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]

I believe I shall vomit.

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As much as I hate the BATF, I have met a few agents that were very pro-gun and weren't too bad of guys.

So, perhaps Gibson is playing one of the few good Federal agents?

Please read what you wrote carefully.

It's like saying, I met a few nazis in WWll, and they were pretty pro jew, and nice guys.

It is the nature of the ATF to enforce illegal federal gun laws.

These american traitors take an oath to do so.

They are ALL scum.

And if there are some who do believe in the right to keep and bear arms then they are hypocritical scum.

I've met some pretty charming and funny stone cold racists in my day, but I was not fooled into thinking they believed in equal rights just because they were charming.  

The only "good ATF agent" there could ever be, are dead ones or one who are infiltrating the ATF as double agents to fight for freedom.

Zen
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#17]
ATF is DISHONORABLE! any ATF agent is NO friend of mine. They chose a profession which infringes on peoples' constitutional rights. That's enough for me. Don't give me that "oh they're just doing their job bullshit." In america we CHOOSE which jobs we want to do. We aren't assigned them like Commie China.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Did I hear someone say Linda Fiorentino?

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
As much as I hate the BATF, I have met a few agents that were very pro-gun and weren't too bad of guys.

It's like saying, I met a few nazis in WWll, and they were pretty pro jew, and nice guys.

They are ALL scum.

And if there are some who do believe in the right to keep and bear arms then they are hypocritical scum.

I've met some pretty charming and funny stone cold racists in my day, but I was not fooled into thinking they believed in equal rights just because they were charming.  

The only "good ATF agent" there could ever be, are dead ones or one who are infiltrating the ATF as double agents to fight for freedom.

Ehh Im not sure if you are aware of this, but the B,A ,T and E are for other departments than Firearms.

Hey, if you want to sit there as a person who as NEVER met a BATF agent or even talked to one on the phone and make ASSumptions about 100% of the BATF staff then you sir are blatantly ignorant probably not all that bright.

Look, I will be the first person to tell you SOME ofd the BATF agents play dirty and SOME of the regional offices are corrupt. But don't dislike every person that works for them. Most of them are working people who have kids and buy groceries after work like you and I.

There is no excuse for any government corruption, but put your broad brush away and stop painting everyone to be rabid dog and baby killers.

Respectfully,

I'm not saying that the ATF is corrupt.  I assume they are faithfully doing their job without taking any payoffs, graft etc.  

My point is that the ATF is by NATURE an evil anti freedom organisation.  

Nazis weren't corrupt.  (they did their jobs faithfully)  The problem is that their job is EVIL.  They were an evil organization by nature.

You might meet a nazi who worked in a nazi death camp and think he is a pretty nice guy.  But is he really?

People are their ACTIONS, not their personalities.

Gun control is evil.  (especially when done by the book as the gun grabbing govt wishes)  

ATF agents are working for evil, and enforcing evil laws and are evil.  Period.

And anyone who works to promote evil is by nature scum.  I don't care how charming they are or if they arn't "corrupt"

They are SCUM, all of them.

I hate them.

I hope they all die horrible, painful deaths. (every last one of them)  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are  many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Screw Mel Gibson.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Respectfully,

I'm not saying that the ATF is corrupt.  I assume they are faithfully doing their job without taking any payoffs, graft etc.  

Nazis weren't corrupt.  (they did their jobs faithfully)  The problem is that their job is EVIL.  They were an evil organization by nature.

You might meet a nazi who worked in a nazi death camp and think he is a pretty nice guy.  But is he really?

Gun control is evil.  (especially when done by the book as the gun grabbing govt wishes)  

And anyone who works to promote evil is by nature scum.  I don't care how charming they are or if they arn't "corrupt"

I hate them.

Zen

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Is this a new South Park movie, like the Passion of the Jew?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Iwould wager a guess half the people here were commending Mel Gibson about the Passion 6 months ago, clearly he has crossed the line playing an ATF agent!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#26]
M4, no disrespect to you. I agree with and enjoy everything I have read of yours that I can remember, but I agree with Zen on this one.

Most of them are working people who have kids and buy groceries after work like you and I.

I would rather pick up garbage than be a BATF agent. I'm sure the local Waffle House is hiring.

I support Israel and the IDF
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:49:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are ALL scum.

Ehh Im not sure if you are aware of this, but the B,A ,T and E are for other departments than Firearms.

Hey, if you want to sit there as a person who as NEVER met a BATF agent or even talked to one on the phone and make ASSumptions about 100% of the BATF staff then you sir are blatantly ignorant probably not all that bright.

Look, I will be the first person to tell you SOME ofd the BATF agents play dirty and SOME of the regional offices are corrupt. But don't dislike every person that works for them. Most of them are working people who have kids and buy groceries after work like you and I.

There is no excuse for any government corruption, but put your broad brush away and stop painting everyone to be rabid dog and baby killers.

Respectfully,

I hate them.

Zen

Has it occured to you that the single greatest thing that a supporter of the RKBA could do is join the ATF and try to FIX the damn thing? Of course actually making a difference isnt something that seems to occur to the vast majority of internet RKBA "supporters".
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:47:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I would think most all of the ATF haters here are people who "Don't hold with any law" that they do not personally agree with.Most ATF haters are doing somthing illegal or have allready been nabbed doing somthing illegal.Or.....that it is "koool" to be all "revolutionary" and "surpressed" and "under da mans heel" and goofy shit like that.The...."Nobody tells ME what to do"....henpecked,pussywhipped,turn-the-paycheck-over -to-the-wife-every-Friday-after-coming-right-home-from-work-in-the-pickup,kinds of guys. The "Honey....some of the guys are going to a gunshow and they wanted to know if it was ok if I went to?" Types.The "Rebels without a pause types". Mall Ninjas and keyboard special operators.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Boy, from the Savoir to an anti-christ.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
sounds lame.

I thought it was Brian Bosworth.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Now just a frikken minute here, Are you going to tell me that you boys are going to defend someone who have either pulled a trigger on woman and children or gone after their families and either murdered them or taken away their life for a piece of metal that is a half inch too short or a 200 tax? I didn't really hear that did I? Or did the short bus drop off a load here today. You had better get your tongue of the windows and pay attention. YOU do NOT defend the BATFE. I do not give a fuck who you are. I would rather be a boy whore on the streets than say I worked for a bunch of murderers like that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#34]
How does Mel Gibson playing an ATF agent cross the line?  Why dont you form an opinion AFTER you have seen the movie.

I'll be watching it.  I like 'ol Mel... and will always give him the benefit of the doubt.  He's just a freakin actor people.

Lighten up "francii"  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Of the Federal Agencies associated with Law Enforcement, those who can't get into any of the others (FBI, DEA, etc) trickle down to the BATF.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Synopsis: An officer in the Southern California office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms infiltrates the notorious Mongols motorcycle gang, where his undercover work leads to more than 80 arrests. He is then put into a witness protection program.  

www.movieinsider.com

That movie has already been done
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Did I hear someone say Linda Fiorentino?

That is FUGLY!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Now just a frikken minute here, Are you going to tell me that you boys are going to defend someone who have either pulled a trigger on woman and children or gone after their families and either murdered them or taken away their life for a piece of metal that is a half inch too short or a 200 tax? I didn't really hear that did I? Or did the short bus drop off a load here today. You had better get your tongue of the windows and pay attention. YOU do NOT defend the BATFE. I do not give a fuck who you are. I would rather be a boy whore on the streets than say I worked for a bunch of murderers like that.

I usually don't get involved in threads like this because of the enormous he
If, sir, you are referring to Ruby Ridge, you surely know that it was the US Marshalls/FBI that did all the shooting, not ATF.  But I guess every one of them are evil rat bastards too in your mind.  And the burning down of Waco?  FBI.  I guess they have a much better PR department than ATF.

I'm certainly not saying that I agree with every agent's action or every law that they are tasked with enforcing, but to call every employee of any agency evil based on misguided assumptions... well... that's not the American I want to be.  It's no different than saying all Jews are rich, stingy bastards; that all Blacks are cracked-up criminals; or that all Whites are two-toothed redneck KKK members.  Regardless of the flavor, it's still just BS.

Maybe... just maybe... folks should get their facts in line before showing their asses.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I guess because I'm not an "operator" in Iraq killing towel heads I have no right to have an opinion about an evil organization here in the US. I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself huh?  Excuse me, I didn't know I had to post my bonifids before I post.  I guess if I disagree with you people I become an "armchair commando" huh, not worthy of my ideas?  

Lets look at it another way. If you had said:  

"I met some guys from MABLA (the child molesting man boy love association) the other day, and some of them seemed like good guys who said they really believed in children"

would your comment make any sense?  No.

If you had said:

"I met some Alkeda guys the other day, and they were good guys who said they really liked the USA"  

Would that comment make any sense?  No

If Mel Gibson were staring in a movie playing a "nice" child molester I would feel the same way about it.  And if someone said that some "child molesters" are "good guys" I would be making the same retching noises.  

The ATF is a tax organization, but their real purpose is to be the bully boy arm of the govts ongoing POGRAM to take away our guns.  

The are EVIL.  

Their agents are EVIL.  

I had already stated that if someone joined the ATF to infiltrate them, that it would be different, but the guys you are talking about aren't doing that.

And if these nice guys you met found out that you had broken their bullshit laws in anyway, you would be sitting in a jail cell right now.  (wondering if you will ever get to see your family again)

Nice guys?  (Yeah RIGHT!)

These same "nice guys" led to the murder and horrible death by gas and being burned alive at Waco of small children and women.

These "Nice guys" started what led to the murder of a young boy and woman holding a baby at Ruby Ridge in Idaho.

These "nice guys" arrest thousands of americans every year for doing nothing more wrong than excersising their right to keep and bear arms.

Don't talk to me about "Nice" ATF agents.

But if you do, please first go talk to a Jewish person about some "nice nazis" you have met. Or some "nice" skinheads you have been hanging with. Or some nice KKK members you know.

BLAH!

Zen

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I do not think that's a bad thing.

Newsflash: The ATF isn't about regulating anything. It's about TAXING things.

Actually, that is now the Bureau of Tax & Trade.  ATF has nothing to do with Taxation anymore (since Dept of Homeland Security re-org).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#44]
MrginVA.......who made up the charges and put the attack dogs on the scent? Why don't you just come out and say that Lon Horiuchi is your hero? I am MORE than willing to paint with a broad brush on this one? You want to defend David Duke and Schiklegruber also?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#45]
To bad Mel can't star in a movie based on Charlton Heston.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Hound, not everyone is a fanatical ATF-hater...

They do serve a legitimate purpose, and although there may have be some power-hungry jerks in their ranks, you may notice that since Ashcroft became AG, there have not been any 'problems' like you describe...

Perhaps we should just stick to hating Clinton & Reno???
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Well, ... for every tyrant or tyrants bully boy there is an "apologist" somewhere.

The Nazi's had them.  ("they were just following orders")

The KKK has them.  ("their just a bunch of good ol' boys")

Their are always fence sitters and collaborators in every community.

I'm just not sure who is worse in the long run, the bad guys or the people who give them moral support.

Zen

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#50]
For every case of thuggery there are probably a thousand cases of jag off scumbag illegal arms dealers taken off the street.

Yes the BATFE seems more prone to stupid abuses than other federal agencies, and yes the firearms aspect of their charter is questionable, but this fanatical and bigotted idea that all BATFE agents are "evil" is just plain stupid and ignorant.  Someone who believes this is highly likely to BE a jack booted thug themselves.  Listen to yourself.  You are no better than the people who claim that all gun owners, or all Republicans, or all Conservative Libertarians, or whatever else are "evil."  You think D.U. is bad?  This crap is just as bad, just as fanatic, just as out and out crazy.

Fanaticism is fanaticism and it's pretty much always a bad thing regardless of whether you agree with the basic subject or not.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top