Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 6:15:09 PM EDT
Ok so yeah.. i haven't been on a date with a woman in ummm almost two years. For obvious reasons for those who know. Those who don't, ask someone else.

Anyway .. what they hell should i suggest to do? Dinner? movie? Some place casual? There is a park on the water in downtown, nice to walk in at night .  I mean yeah i know i need to get out and do stuff  but c'mon guys help me out . What should i do? Should i meet her there? pick her up?  URGH!!!

J
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
DEfinitely dinner, so some other diversion that allows you to talk to each other.  Movies are for 3rd dates and later.  Even a coffeehouse thing would be good.  My personaly favorite is a good seafood dinner, and ask her if she would prefer to dive herself or have you pick her up.  Good luck, bro.  Ops
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok so yeah.. i haven't been on a date with a woman in ummm almost two years. For obvious reasons for those who know. Those who don't, ask someone else.

Anyway .. what they hell should i suggest to do? Dinner? movie? Some place casual? There is a park on the water in downtown, nice to walk in at night .  I mean yeah i know i need to get out and do stuff  but c'mon guys help me out . What should i do? Should i meet her there? pick her up?  URGH!!!

J

1) pick her up.
2) dinner. somewhere nice. Find out what she likes, take her somewhere appropriate, don't be wishy-washy.

3) Take her for a walk afterwards.

4) If you really hit it off...take her back home relatively early, before either of you gets bored or hits an awkward quiet moment.

Honestly, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, I tink the above slow approach would work well.

No kiss on the first date, ESPECIALLY if you like her.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
pooper + pics
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Pick her up, and be on time. You should find out some kind of like of hers and plan accordingly.
At least work in something she likes into this date. Chicks dig that stuff.

Good luck, and ignore the "pooper, pics, post" stuff that will surely follow.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTSPPP
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
SIIHPTPP.

If not that, then do something fun, skip the movie unless she wants to go see one.  Bowling?  The art museum?  The shooting range?  Her sister with whipcream?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Who chose Sunday night?

Sunday is a 'short date' night.  It means no staying up late, easy out if things go wierd, 'I have to work in the morning, etc'

Keep it short.  Have fun, ONLY good spirited movies with happy endings (people just DON'T seem to get this these days)  A meal that is memorable, but doesn't take forever.

You want the night to seem 'too short'.

That will make both parties want to go at it again, if there's any semblence of chemistry.

Oh and most important, get input from her.  Things always go smoother if they THINK they are in control.

If you want more, just ask.

E.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If she is whorish. Hit it from the back. Oh and use protection.

I have always found that doing something a little off works.  Like miniture golf or something.  Not off like going to a fortune teller.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
avoid dinner and do a snack instead.  the whole purpose of the first date is to feel out the other person to find out if you want to spend more time dating them.  plan something fun and something silly.  since sunday is halloween, take her to a haunted house and then go trick or treating or something like that.  What ever it is make it something where you spend most of your time talking not wondering which article of food you just dribbled down your shirt.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#12]
DON'T TALK ABOUT:

GUNS

POLITICS

RELIGION

ETC.........

TAKE HER TO SEE "TEAM AMERICA"....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

TAKE HER TO SEE "TEAM AMERICA"....

Some of you will laugh, but that's an incredibly wise choice, even though it seems stupid on the surface.

Besides cutting alot of the time out where you can 'open mouth, insert foot...' by saying the wrong thing, it gives you insight into parts of her opinion on many matters worldly;  if she laughs when you would/do laugh, then you know it's worth pursuing a second date.

If she's bitching or exasperated about the plot/events in the movie while you're eating dinner....

well.... that's self explanatory.

Alot of people think movie and a dinner is 'passe' or too cliche'd.  It may be a well worn path, but it's probably so due to it's intense efficiency and ability to get through a first date, especially a blind one, with the most progress, and least damage. (if it's not working out)

E.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Heres my 2 cents.
First you will decide during dinner if you want to pursue it or cut it off.

IF you wanted to pusue it instead of the park, (providing you are still in the same city, I would go to the bridge for a drink or two. (call ahead of time to make sure they are open, they got a lil 'cane damage.) Then for you walk, drive over the bridge and take a walk on the beach.

Even local gals, winter or summer still enjoy a nice walk on the beach, most dont make it down for a night time stroll.

If the bridge is still closed, there are still a couple bars on the island. Thats what I think anyways.

If it fucks you up and you feel you need to split, pretend the phone is on vibrate and have a story and get out. You will know if its still too soon and what to do. Follow your heart and not your dick and you should be ok.

Whatever happens, I wish you luck and a good time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't ask me, the last time I was on a first date I got drunk and fucked it up. To bad too, that girl was fucking beautiful.  Hmm maybe its time to quit drinking...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife and I met on a blind date.  Casual dinner, open public place afterward, in early.  I called her 2 or 3 days later.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Sunday Night Church?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Don't ask me, the last time I was on a first date I got drunk and fucked it up. To bad too, that girl was fucking beautiful.  Hmm maybe its time to quit drinking...

Alchohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems. - Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sunday Night Church?

On Halloween?

I think they should go trick or treating.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
We choose sunday b/c we both have monday off. I have a detail saturday and pull a shift for someone sunday morning so they could have halloween off with their family.

Ok so dinner  and conversation? Nothing to  fancy just kinda get to know eachother thing huh? OK, i can do that.

Christ i'm gonna have  figure out how to wear my gun so that if she hugs me that  awkward " what is that you're wearing question doesn't come up".  She knows i'm a LEO so maybe it won't be awkward. or maybe i'll just wear it on my ankle.   This is way too much for my brain

Thanks guys for the ideas.. I'll post the results when i get home if anyone cares. I hope i don't screw this up.  Just going to be different. I really hope to god she doesn't ask why it's been so long.

J
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Take her out to a shooting range.

I know a guy that took a girl out to a shooting range on their first date.  Now they're married.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Who says she has to know about the duration between dates?  Whatever happens, try to keep things light and spontaneous.  Keep a few options open, depending on what you discover she's interested in, (from conversation during the meal, etc...)  and work from there.  Know what's happening that night around town, and maybe suggest going to a local event that she might be interested in based on what yoiu've learned about her.  emphsasis on light and spontaneous.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

J

You went to them instead of us???

Park..on the water....for a walk.......after dinner.......someplace casual.........

You don't need our help!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Have PIE
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We choose sunday b/c we both have monday off. I have a detail saturday and pull a shift for someone sunday morning so they could have halloween off with their family.

Ok so dinner  and conversation? Nothing to  fancy just kinda get to know eachother thing huh? OK, i can do that.

Christ i'm gonna have  figure out how to wear my gun so that if she hugs me that  awkward " what is that you're wearing question doesn't come up".  She knows i'm a LEO so maybe it won't be awkward. or maybe i'll just wear it on my ankle.   This is way too much for my brain

Thanks guys for the ideas.. I'll post the results when i get home if anyone cares. I hope i don't screw this up.  Just going to be different. I really hope to god she doesn't ask why it's been so long.

J

A real* copper would'nt have to make up excuses for carrying. Your already pussy whipped. whip.gif!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]
All I have to say is that on a blind date, pick her up from a place where you can just stoll on by in case she turns out to look like a pig.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh, I drank a 6 pack on the way to pick up the last blind date I had - good thing, too, although morphine would have been appreciated even more.  The only down side (of the drinking) was after my eyeballs started floating.

Woof!    Woof!!

Couldn't stand it and took her home early.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

J

Awwwww, you call it your gun. That's SO cute

You are going to do great! Just be yourself. If you click, you click. If you don't, then I'm sure you'll still have a great evening
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Go bowling.  It's great nuetral territory.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude... she's blind... don't worry about it. She won't even be able to get a "First Impression". Just chill out!    

Sorry.. I was impressed with my own work
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#32]
If you recognize her as the chick from the "range report" thread, run away!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
she cancelled on me so here i am..... shit happens i guess....

J
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Just be yourself and hang in there bro, we're here for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top