Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 5:47:29 PM EDT
Any tips? They want 12k to do vinyl siding to my house.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I hope it's a big house!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They usually have subcontractors do their work. As long as the material meets their specs, if there are any, anything can be used.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
1,500 square feet and it's 70% brick!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]

You better do some more shopping.

It's true, they are just going to sub it out.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You're in Florida, so am I...Ivan came through here and pummeled the vinyl siding houses. Not sure if the hurricane trend will continue the next few years but, the vinyl siding got spnaked here in NW Florida.

I had wood siding that got pretty roughed up, I have since replaced with concrete mixed siding. It's something that is new to me,but my contractor brought me a piece, awesome stuff! Does'nt weight that much more and is twice the strength of ANY other type of siding. Maybe someone can find it for you here on Google. The texture I picked out is awesome too, it looks like a stucco finish. ANyway, I am hurricane proof in more ways than one now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Out here in Socal the contractors, electricians, etc. are raping people dry. One of my idiot neighbors paid a grand to replace a sprinkler. Not a sprinkler system, but one sprinkler.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They usually have subcontractors do their work. As long as the material meets their specs, if there are any, anything can be used.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
dang- my parents just did theirs, i'm thinkin' that thier house is 3xxx square feet.  anyways the job for the siding and building a roof over thier deck came to somewhere around 14k- that's with brand new gutters all the way around.

since you're in FL you might look at the new concrete stuff- it's pretty dang stout.  i'm also thinkin' that since you are in FL you're just kinda over the barrel right now, which is a shame, but it's whatever the market will bare i suppose.  at any rate, i'd definitely shop around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the price seems too high. I just want to know who is their supplier so I can do it myself. They had some real nice vinyl. They claimed that Sears does all the work and that it is not subcontracted out anymore. Of course a salesman is a salesman.

The Wolverine brand looks good.

I don't see spending  12 grand on this venture. I had a real hard time keeping a straight face

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Brick?  Why would brick need siding?  Brick is low or no maintenance. @ $12k I think that's a rip.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The house is brick and siding. Brick walls, vinyl covered gable ends, vinyl eaves, and soffits.Very common in NW FLA.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top