Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 5:21:07 PM EDT
Unglaubische!

Another October Surprise: Germany's Largest Newspaper Endorses Bush

Perhaps the largest October surprise in Germany is the BILD newspaper's endorsement of President George W. Bush. BILD, which has the widest circulation of any newspaper in Europe, lists the following 10 reasons why Bush should be re-elected:

Update: The list we had up earlier was an abbreviated summary of the 10 reasons. We have now translated BILD's list of reasons in their entirety. Here they are:

1. Bush has clear priorities. He sees the inhuman Islamic fundamentalism and the murderous mullahs as the largest danger for the Western world.

2. Bush has learned that military strength, not pleasant talk, is the only answer to fanatics. And with Bush -- unlike with Kerry-- there is no doubt about this.

3. Under Bush, the US will continue to bear the financial, military and casualty burden in the fight against terrorism which Islamic fanatics unilaterally declared.

4. Along with fighting terror and the terrorists, a re-elected Bush will do everything he can to prevent nuclear proliferation. That is especially true with regard to the nuclear ambitions of Iran and North Korea.

5. Bush has learned that America can defeat every country in war, but needs allies in peace. Thus, his second term will be characterized by cooperation with international partners. But he will not depend on how Syria or Libya vote at the UN.

6. Bush knows that Europe and Germany don’t have the military at their disposal to become involved in any further foreign military engagements. Therefore he won't ask them for help. Kerry will do exactly that – und will further harm the already damaged German-American relations.

7. Under Bush, America will remain a strong partner for Israel in its fight for survival. That must especially be in our German interest.

8. Republicans have always been stronger supporters of free trade than Democrats. That is also true of Bush when compared to Kerry. And that is good for Germany as an export nation.

9. Every new American administration makes mistakes. Bush has already made his. Kerry, on the other hand, has of yet held no (executive) position in the government. He would be worse prepared than most Presidents preceding him.

10. With Bush, we know what to expect. With Kerry, nobody knows what he stands for and where he wants to lead America – and the world.

Certainly, BILD should be applauded for its courage. Supporting George W. Bush in a nation where the overwhelming majority of the leftist dominated media absolutely seethe with hate for Mr. Bush is no small matter. The newspaper's email inbox is likely jammed with thousands of angry, outraged emails by now. But BILD's action proves that not all Germans have bought into the anti-American, anti-Bush mindset of most of the nation's media publications.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
holy smokes! Is that true?

will be interesting to see how Kerry responds to this "global test"...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They make sense.

With Kerry, he will demand Germany send some troops to Iraq so he doesn't look stupid

Most of Germany's troops are in Afghanistan with NATO.

They are a Bush ally.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
3. Under Bush, the US will continue to bear the financial, military and casualty burden in the fight against terrorism which Islamic fanatics unilaterally declared.

At least they don't sugarcoat their cowardice.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's TRUE!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
My reaction to this is exactly what it would be if they endorsed Kerry, WHO CARES?

My take on this is the German .gov believes Bush will get re-elected, so they are trying to extend an olive branch.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Translaton:

We want the US to pay in money and lives so we don't have to.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My reaction to this is exactly what it would be if they endorsed Kerry, WHO CARES?

My take on this is the German .gov believes Bush will get re-elected, so they are trying to extend an olive branch.

It is like the Hades Daily Times endorsing Jesus Christ over Lucifer.

I hope you are right.  If so, Germany know is needs us a lot more then we need them!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

At least they don't sugarcoat their cowardice.

Yeah, really!

Talk about taking it for granted!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Since when could Germany have newspapers? I thought we barred them from everything after they had shown themselves unworthy twice      
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#11]
This is a positive development...I'm not a fan of Germany by any means but if they start to see some truth about Bush that can only help...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting...  I'd love to see the european shitstorm this whips up!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
About time some decent news came out of Europe.

I'd hate to be in charge of BILD's mailservers right now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Not all Germans are dumbasses. Good for them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#15]
A lot of the Western powers realizw whats going on.  Only some of them like Blair have had the balls to make their support known in public.  But the Germans and others are helping in Afghanistan.  That frees our troops for Iraq and other places that will require attention.  Some of the European countries have huge muslim populations and know what could easiler occur there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh the SWEET FUCKING IRONY!!!!!!!!!  Most of the krauts loath the U.S. yet their widest circulating  paper, Europes as well, endorses the the American idiot in charge!!!!!!  OH THE SWEET FUCKING IRONY!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Mattl: Hear! Hear!
This is a complete surprise to me since everytime I turn around Germany is always bashing the USA. But then the paper's logic makes complete sense to me. I just wish that some of the knuckleheaded Americans see it that way too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Guys, send them a good word. Here's the contact address    

E-Mail: [email protected]

They need to hear from us. I did.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Oh the SWEET FUCKING IRONY!!!!!!!!!  Most of the krauts loath the U.S. yet their widest circulating  paper, Europes as well, endorses the the American idiot in charge!!!!!!  OH THE SWEET FUCKING IRONY!!!!

Yea.. the Jerrie's are just angry because they haven't been able to totally infest America with their liberal, peace-love-bullshit, Extasy-pill-popping Rave culture... for example:

And they're angry because we don't have as many strange jack-offs like:

However, I'm going to take a more compassionate role: can you really blame them? I mean, seriously... we kick their ass in WW I... then we issue the ReMiX in WW II... then we tell them to go fuckee-fuck themselves because we don't need them because we are the U.S. of fucking A and that we will take names and kick some Arabic ass on our own. So.. in conclusion, having realized that they blow... they wish to assimilate and align themselves to be more like us. Cute... isn't it??

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#21]
BILD was considered a tabloid when I used to live there, probably still is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]

And they're angry because we don't have as many strange jack-offs like:
A German recon unit prepares for possible deployment to Iraq.

Fixed it for you!

wganz

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
OMFG!!!

Stand tall... because you just did a great job, soldier!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top