Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 12:29:14 PM EDT
Lumpy196

I, as many others here do also, enjoy your "News Photos for Gun Nuts" postings.  I have always been curious where/how you find such great photos.  Even when I look at the news for an hour, I never see more than 1 or 2 good photos.

Can you let us in on how your rigorous selection process works?

And TIA for the posts.

-PAS
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
(not trying to steal any of Lumpy's thunder)

He goes right to the sources. Getty Archive, Corvis(sp?) - huge collectors / brokers / resellers of freelance photographers' work.
Much of the media shops their images from these brokers, when they aren't just parroting the feed from Reuters / AP / UPI / AFP etc.

(sorry Lumpy)
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Dunno where anyone else gets theirs. but this is the BEST place for around the world pics and vids.

www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=85e6e4a4b11fe2251d57bec2f39907e4

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lumpy196

I, as many others here do also, enjoy your "News Photos for Gun Nuts" postings.  I have always been curious where/how you find such great photos.  Even when I look at the news for an hour, I never see more than 1 or 2 good photos.

Can you let us in on how your rigorous selection process works?

And TIA for the posts.

-PAS

shit, if you like them now you should of seen him in his day.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
militaryphotos.net is where it all started.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for when I get home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top