Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 12:11:40 PM EDT

www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/28/bush_movie_villain/

Bush beats Gollum to Movie Villain of the Year award

By Lester Haines
Published Thursday 28th October 2004 12:08 GMT

George Bush has seen off some stiff competition to win Total Film magazine's movie Villain of the Year, the London Evening Standard reports.

Bush was awarded the honour for his role in Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 and in the process eclipsed the contributions of shortlisted Doctor Octopus, Leatherface (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Gollum and Elle Driver (Kill Bill) to the cause of world villainy. Total Film editor Matt Mueller told the Standard: "It is possible that people have been a little bit tongue in cheek here, but they are also saying that Bush was very scary in Fahrenheit 9/11. He was absolutely terrifying in that film. He looked like a man who had lost control - the famous scene where he sits there in a school, absolutely paralysed, after being told about the twin towers, is just one example."

Around 10,000 people took part in the Total Film poll - which will be published in full in the magazine's next issue on 4 November, just two days after Americans flock to the polls to vote for their "US Presidential Candidate of the Year".
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]

People suck  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberal wankers!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
"US Presidential Candidate of the Year".

WTF we only have one year terms in office now?

Fucking brits are relly starting to irritate me
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Well ain't THAT fuckin' SPECIAL.

Screw those needle-dicks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]
So Bush wins that 'honor' in a film that features both Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein?

My friends over there say this opinion is more the rule than the exception. As this type of insanity spreads throughout Europe, I'm wondering more and more when we're gonna start shooting it out again.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I the only one stunned that they didn't list Satan from "The Passion of the Christ" just to rub the point in?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Am I the only one stunned that they didn't list Satan from "The Passion of the Christ" just to rub the point in?

Satan a 'villain'?

He's just advocating a different religion. Don't be a hater, now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top