Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 10:45:37 AM EDT

I wonder how many Boston fans want to feed him through a shredder now?

NewsMax Link

Thursday, Oct. 28, 2004

Red Sox Pitcher Schilling Strikes Out Kerry

Perhaps Boston pitcher Curt Schilling is unimpressed that Sen. John Kerry's favorite Red Sox players either are on another team or, like tens of thousands of new Democrat "voters," don't even exist. Or maybe he just prefers the president to the hometown pol.

Whatever the reason, he said today on ABC's "Good Morning America": "Tell everybody to vote. And vote Bush next week."

Mr. Botox tried to exploit the Bosox during a campaign appearance in Ohio by comparing the team's triumph in the World Series to what he predicted would be his own victory in the election.

"I've been rooting for this day since I was a kid," Kerry insisted, despite his confusion about who actually plays for the team.

President Bush made his congrats to the team's owner and president, and he thanked Schilling for his support.

I KNEW there was a reason I liked this guy!

"I've been rooting for this day since I was a kid," Kerry insisted, despite his confusion about who actually plays for the team.

Yeah. Right.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, fine.  I like Schilling.  But I still hate the Red Sox.  And hate Boston.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Heard this in the morning, the DJ on the radio is a big Schilling fan, but he's a dem. He said he had to take the jersey off that he was wearing and one of the guys in the studio was like, I'll take it and the DJ said no I got to burn it cuz he's a republican and i'm not. I laughed my ass off when I heard that. I men really by his logic my mom is a republican because she is voting Bush(and did in 00 too i found out) but she's not a republican, she's a registered Dem, but she at least knows sKerry is a bad choice and is AGAIN voting for GW.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Okay, fine.  I like Schilling.  But I still hate the Red Sox.  And hate Boston.

Well, yeah....

But give this guy some credit: He pitched two AWSOME games on a BLEEDING and barely-stiched-together ankle, AND he endorses OUR guy!

I need to call Steinbrener. We need this guy on our team. Let's face it: he just screwed himself in MA....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Curt Schilling on ABC's "Good Morning America": "Tell everybody to vote. And vote Bush next week."

Way to go, Curt!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
The guy's got guts.  Way to go!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW!

He was just on the news responding to being called a "warrior".

"These days, 'warrior' is a pretty strong word. The guys in the Middle East are warriors." (or words to that effect).

He keeps going up in my book....

What is a guy like this doing pitching for such a POS team?

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the POS team that just won the World Series?  

Let them win another 20 and we'll talk.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
No surprise, he a man of God,

he know evil when he see it..

Vote Right
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Curt Shilling is a huge WWII gamer and collector.  I bet he owns some interesting WWII-era weapons.  He also owns the Avalon Hill games "Squad Leader".  He also donates a lot of $$$ to WWII memorials.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Curt Shilling is a huge WWII gamer and collector.  I bet he owns some interesting WWII-era weapons.  He also owns the Avalon Hill games "Squad Leader".  

I used to play Squad Leader! I really miss that game. Sgt. Kelso leading his mean through the tractor factory.

I loved that Schilling had the 'nads to speak his mind on GMA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Schilling was on one of the old WWII Listserves a long time ago, back when he was with the Phillies.  He was just a regular guy into WWII history and games.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Kurts a hardcore MMORPG guy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, THAT POS team, that won simply because two better teams choked.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Yes, THAT POS team, that won simply because two better teams choked.

Well I guess if they choked, then they aren't neccessarily the better teams, are they. I'm not even a baseball fan either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear the devil... errr Steinbreiner has already purchased his soul!

Schilling didn't want to play for the Yankees thats why he ended up in Boston.

He doesn't like the Yankees and Kerry, whats not to like about the guy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
He will belong to us... we are EVUL!

And on a sweet note, he will be stumping with Bush in NH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need pic of him shooting some black evil rifles, his conversion to the DARK SIDE will be complete.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
And on a sweet note, he will be stumping with Bush in NH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Shit?  That is awesome.  I guess skerry playing Sox fan doesn't have the same impact as a Sox player...no .....THE PLAYER.......endorsing your opponent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Sad day when we let Curt go.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a HUGE Diamondbacks fan......  and I hated to see Curt leave us for Boston. He is definitely a "Yankee Killer"......  he did it for us too.

He is the very definition of a class act.  I'm not the least bit surprised he's backing GWB !

Congrats to the BoSox and to Schilling.

Woo Hoo !
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I still can't help but wonder what the chit-chat around the Sam Adams is tonight at Cheers!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top