Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 9:59:26 AM EDT
www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/10/28/france.shooting.reut/index.html

Teen 'shoots parents, brother, 4'

Thursday, October 28, 2004 Posted: 8:50 AM EDT (1250 GMT)

The house in western France where police say the 14-year-old boy went on a shooting spree.

PARIS, France (Reuters) -- A French teenager shot dead his parents and his 4-year-old brother and later called police from a telephone box to confess, police said.

They said Thursday his 11-year-old sister had also been seriously wounded.

The 14-year-old fled the scene on his bicycle after killing members of his family with his father's shotgun late on Wednesday, police said.

His sister raised the alarm after managing to escape to a neighbour's house. She was flown by helicopter ambulance from the small Normandy village of Ancourteville-sur-Hericourt to a hospital in the city of Rouen.

Lt. Colonel Gilbert Bourdon of the local gendarmerie police said the teenager had abandoned his father's gun and pedalled away on his bicycle.

"Several hours later, the young boy called the emergency number from a telephone box. The operator realised it was the boy we were looking for," he said.

"The operator kept him talking, tried to calm him down, while we sent a patrol car around. He didn't resist arrest at all, he was above all relieved that we'd found him."

The youth remains in detention pending further inquiries.

Copyright 2004 Reuters. All rights reserved.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
3 less frenchies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
probably an American shotgun that caused all this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Poor kid probaby finally realized he was born french. ...Took it out on the parents......
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]
It's Bushes Fault
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
probably an American shotgun that caused all this.

Yep. It's all Bush's fault...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, look at the bright side, they finally have a Frenchman who will pull the trigger before he drops the gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad, regardless of nationality
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

True (even though some of the inevitable jokes are pretty damn funny)
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
3 less frenchies.

That is pretty fucking stupid comment.

Hope fully one day we will have one less of you in a horrible manner.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1 and some times people wonder why alot of people hate the USA, many of us are fucking ruthless and don't deserve to breathe. We forget, we all bleed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#13]
but, but, these shootings only happen in America not ever in the more civilized europe
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and some times people wonder why alot of people hate the USA, many of us are fucking ruthless and don't deserve to breathe. We forget, we all bleed.

Give me a break.  Do you really think they hate us because we crack jokes?

So the people willing to blow themselves up really just have no sense of humor?

I agree, even my joke was kinda tasteless but it is nothing more than my equivalent of striking back at a culture I don't understand and don't appreciate any more.  Huge difference between that reaction and being willing to kill them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
3 less frenchies.

That is pretty fucking stupid comment.

Hope fully one day we will have one less of you in a horrible manner.  

Hmm, sounds like something a frenchman would say....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#16]
France banned honor, respect, and courage long ago. France now breeds insanity. I guess a person or group of persons without honor, respect, and courage would eventually go insane.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#17]
He watched too much Americans movies and TV.

Kidding aside....

This is a very sad story...Regardless.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a break.  Do you really think they hate us because we crack jokes?

So the people willing to blow themselves up really just have no sense of humor?

I agree, even my joke was kinda tasteless but it is nothing more than my equivalent of striking back at a culture I don't understand and don't appreciate any more.  Huge difference between that reaction and being willing to kill them.

You know what it comes down to respect for life. A fucking child was killed two parents and another child was hurt bad.

So in my eyes your a fucking peice of shit for poking fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top