Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:40:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
um...no.

Why waste my time?

I've already voted for Bush.

I could make a video about why *I* would be a great candidate, and *I* would love to vote for myself.......but that, too, would be an irrelevant tax on the voters of America...so why bother?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Badnarik is only a slighty better choice than Nader.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The video, isn't him saying vote for me, It is his class on your rights.

Mostly about how the goverment tells us we are "given rights". Lmao, and he says it ten times better than I ever could.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for home.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]
If he had a snowball's chance in hell, maybe.

Learn from 92: Don't try to make stupid "statements" by casting your vote somewhere else. Put it where it will count.

If we had a third party that had a chance, I'd be all over it (if it were Libertarian). But we don't.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Learn from 92: Don't try to make stupid "statements" by casting your vote somewhere else. Put it where it will count.

If we had a third party that had a chance, I'd be all over it (if it were Libertarian). But we don't.

Especially in YOUR state...

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I am not being serious about voting for him, I am simply saying I would have liked him as president after watching this video
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, but I won't be voting for Ross Perot I mean Badnarik.

Both votes were/are votes for the enemy as they take votes away from the viable candidate.

Respectfully,
DOW.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Especially in YOUR state...

Too true.

I am heartened by all the Bush stickers and signs I'm seeing though. This state might yet go to Bush...

I hope.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Jesus people, Read my post, I am not voting for Badnarik, I am simply saying I would like to see some one with his views in office.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]
i've seen his commercials here that blatantly try and steal Bush votes.. "i voted for Bush in 2000, but i just can't do it this year, Bush has done blah blah blah.....I'm voting for badnarick!"
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Holly shit people, quit commenting with out watching the video, it has nothing to do about him for president.

It is 40 minutes long, it is not a campaign video jesus people read. Come on.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My post came 17 seconds after your explanation... I was typing while you were posting...

Okay no prob then, just I do not want every one jumping down my neck with out watching the video first.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Jesus people, Read my post, I am not voting for Badnarik, I am simply saying I would like to see some one with his views in office.

I have read what Badnarik writes. Most of what he has to says about the Constitution is either: A) Incredibly oversimplified and sophmoric, or B) Dead wrong.

Why would I wish to waste even one more minute of my time on such an idiot?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have read what Badnarik writes. Most of what he has to says about the Constitution is either: A) Incredibly oversimplified and sophmoric, or B) Dead wrong.

Holly shit, why even waste your time to post why you wouldn't waste your time? Some times people make no sense.

It is about property and ownership.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holly shit, why even waste your time to post why you wouldn't waste your time? Some times people make no sense.

Because, I am warning other people that Badnarik is an idiot when it comes to interpreting the Constitution in detail, or rights in general. Not to mention, he is also a criminal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because, I am warning other people that Badnarik is an idiot when it comes to interpreting the Constitution in detail, or rights in general. Not to mention, he is also a criminal.

Watch the video and tell me whats a lie? Instead of sitting here telling me this?

And how is he a criminal?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

"Michael Badnarik has accepted the Libertarian Party Platform as his campaign platform."

His views are idiotic:

"Members of the military should have the same right to quit their jobs as other persons."

"We recommend the repeal of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the recognition and equal protection of the rights of armed forces members. "

"We call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally."

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch the video and tell me whats a lie? Instead of sitting here telling me this?

Badnarik refused to pay income taxes FOR YEARS. He was also arrested, and pled guilty, several times for driving without a license. He refused to get a drivers license, but would not stop driving.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

"Michael Badnarik has accepted the Libertarian Party Platform as his campaign platform."

His views are idiotic:

"Members of the military should have the same right to quit their jobs as other persons."

"We recommend the repeal of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the recognition and equal protection of the rights of armed forces members. "

"We call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally."

Really. wow that is wonderful, you are the first one ever to read and post that on this forum. GIVE YOUR SELF AN AWARD.

Fucking A read my fucking post, I am not saying vote for him I am saying watch the fucking video or do not comment.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Badnarik refused to pay income taxes FOR YEARS. He was also arrested, and pled guilty, several times for driving without a license. He refused to get a drivers license, but would not stop driving.

Well in my eyes that is not a criminal, why should we have a drivers license, and why do we need to pay income tax, do we not pay enough taxes?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#24]
If I had to vote for a minor third party candidate, I'd rather vote for Badnarik than Peroutka, but then again, I'd rather vote for Kerry than Peroutka.

But, I have to say, Bush and the GOP are the closest thing match I've found between my political idealism and the reality of the  domestic and international situation. That's something that I think is funny about a lot of these minor third parties - they don't offer any sort of realistic platform whatsoever. It's all ideology and no plans. If either Peroutka or Badnarik (or Nader for that matter) got their way, this country would be sooooo fucked in such short order it wouldn't be funny.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#25]
watching the video now.

I'm a strict constructionist.  I think I know what hes going to say based on his opening statement.

Yes the constitution is based on separation of powers which limits what the government is ALLOWED to do. Various branches have different powers. They limit eachother.  The people and states are reserved all the rights not explicitly given to the government, thereby limiting the government as a whole.

No, that is not the system of government we have today.  Today the Federal government holds the power to do essentially whatever it wants.  The supreme court routinely rules in favor of the power of the federal government every time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
watching the video now.

I'm a strict constructionist.  I think I know what hes going to say based on his opening statement.

Yes the constitution is based on separation of powers which limits what the government is ALLOWED to do. Various branches have different powers. They limit eachother.  The people and states are reserved all the rights not explicitly given to the government, thereby limiting the government as a whole.

No, that is not the system of government we have today.  Today the Federal government holds the power to do essentially whatever it wants.  The supreme court routinely rules in favor of the power of the federal government every time.

Thank you for not coming on here and being a dick and actually taking the time to view what the thread is all about.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

His views are idiotic:

Really. wow that is wonderful, you are the first one ever to read and post that on this forum. GIVE YOUR SELF AN AWARD.

...and I will post it again and again, antime someone posts ANYTHING that's even remotely complimentary about the Libertarian Party of their Candidate.

Fucking A read my fucking post, I am not saying vote for him....

Gee, then who titled this thread:

Michael Badnarik For president, just watch the video

Hmmmmm?  
You Libertarians sure do have difficulty telling the truth, huh?

....I am saying watch the fucking video or do not comment.

Hey genius. I watched it. I also pay attention to that which he proposes.

That you are not voting for him is irrelevant.
You are nevertheless ADVOCATING  for him.

You are posting a video, claiming that you "would like to see some one with his views in office".

Then you try to distance youself from this.
Have a backbone.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in my eyes that is not a criminal, why should we have a drivers license, and why do we need to pay income tax, do we not pay enough taxes?

No income tax -> no military (which is what that loon wants)...

And drivers licenses are neccicary as a form of ID (since we don't have a national ID), and as a way of at least TRYING to keep folks who should not be driving off of public roads.

Further, drivers license fees allow the majority of road work to be funded by the users of the roads, which is better than raising general taxes, as at least with the DL fees it must be spent on roads, not other bullshit...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No income tax -> no military (which is what that loon wants)...

And drivers licenses are neccicary as a form of ID (since we don't have a national ID), and as a way of at least TRYING to keep folks who should not be driving off of public roads.

Further, drivers license fees allow the majority of road work to be funded by the users of the roads, which is better than raising general taxes, as at least with the DL fees it must be spent on roads, not other bullshit...

Okay so explain why the goverment needs over 10% of my income? My state dosent and we can support our police and so on. In fact my state dosent have an income tax and is pretty well off.
It is about goverment spending. And our goverment is reckless with our money.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

His views are idiotic:

...and I will post it again and again, antime someone posts ANYTHING that's even remotely complimentary about the Libertarian Party of their Candidate.

Hmmmmm?  

Hey genius.

You are posting a video, claiming that you "would like to see some one with his views in office".

Have a backbone.

You know what bush isn't doing a god dam thing from keeping illegals coming over here. In fact he is allowing mexican truckers onto our highways with out DOT approval of their rigs or a USA drivers license..

Every one's views differ.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have to have driver's licenses because ITS THE LAW. Income tax is also THE LAW. In fact, There is a constitutional amendment that allows the federal income tax, and federal law which also makes it mandatory.

You really don't get to choose which laws you obey.

Now, since I did not watch the video, I will point out a few of Badnariks more egregious errors of Constitutional interpretation. Badnarik, in his seminars on the Constitution, states that as President, he would REQUIRE all members of Congress to attend his special class on the Constitution, then take a second oath of office, on videotape, that they will uphold his interpretation of that document. This single statment by Badnarik violates:

1) The Separations of Power doctrine which underlies our entire constitutional structure.
2) Article I, Sections 2, 3, 4, and 5
3) Article II, Section 2
4) Article VI

Pretty crappy constitutionalist, if you ask me, and I studied the Constitution full-time for 8 years while working on my Masters and PhD in Constitutional Law and History.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#32]
hes a much better constitutionalist than Kerry.

wow... I didn't know that Texas was the only state that allowed ownership in allodial title...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
watching the video now.

If you actually read what powers the Federal Government is given in the constitution, they are supposed to hold the power they have today.

Section 8, United States Constitution:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repeal Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Read those clauses...

Don't add any nebulous 'Intents of the Authors' or 'Interpretations', just read exactly what they state...

Now, look at current FEDERAL law...

Is there any FEDERAL law that is not justifyable by one of those?

I didn't think so...

Every FEDERAL law is either enacted to provide for the common defense, general welfare, or to regulate interstate commerce.

And don't BUT, BUT, BUT me on 'police powers' or other issues. We are talking about 3 clauses that reserve certain powers for the use of the FEDERAL government.

All powers available to the states are, as the last 2 Ammendments state, granted by default (eg if they are not given to the Federal govt, the states may have them)...

No power reserved in the Constitution for the Feds is restricted to the states, this is EXPLICITLY written.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If he costs us this election, and when Kerry moves against our RKBA... you better believe the Libertarians are going to face a very cold shoulder around here.

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

His views are idiotic:

Hmmmmm?  

Hey genius.

Have a backbone.

You know what bush isn't doing a god dam thing from keeping illegals coming over here. In fact he is allowing mexican truckers onto our highways with out DOT approval of their rigs or a USA drivers license..

Would there even BE a DOT, if Badnarik had his way?
No.
Would Badnarik allow Mexican, Saudi, and Pakistani Truckdrivers to enter our country?
Yes.
Would he check their cargos?
No.

It's true, Bush isn't doing ENOUGH, that's true.
But anyone who advocates Badnarik HAS NO RIGHT TO CRITICIZE anyone for that.  Bush might not be getting the job done when it comes to illegals entering the country, but Badnarik WANTS them all to come, and he wants to eliminate ALL control of our borders.
You say "Michael Badnarik For president", and then you have the nerve to criticize Bush for not closing the Border?
Talk about inconsistancy.

That's almost as bad as YOU posting a thread with the title: "Michael Badnarik For President, just watch the video"
...and then making the claim: "I am not saying vote for him"

Get your damned story straight.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#36]
oh, and I've seen one of his commercials - 'Bush got us in an unwinnable war' - what kind of fucking noise is that?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
hes a much better constitutionalist than Kerry.

wow... I didn't know that Texas was the only state that allowed ownership in allodial title...

Texas is NOT the only state that allows allodial titles. Another of Badnarik's NUMEROUS errors.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not me.

Here are his "views":

His views are idiotic:

Hmmmmm?  

Hey genius.

Have a backbone.

You know what bush isn't doing a god dam thing from keeping illegals coming over here. Actually, border patrol enforcement has INCREASED under this administration. But with a country as big as ours, that's like holding up an umbrella in a hurricane. Oh, and I bet you're going to say that Bush proposed amnesty for illegal immigrants? Well, you're WRONG, and he has specifically denied this in the 2nd debate. He is for work permits to allow more LEGAL immigrants in (and allow the fedgov to tax them), nothing more. In fact he is allowing mexican truckers onto our highways with out DOT approval of their rigs or a USA drivers license..
So what? These truckers are admitted legally, and are allowed to enter the USA to do business & leave... Canadian truckers are given the same privledge...

It may also shock you that foreign pilots can fly into the USA without a FAA-approved airplane or a US pilot's license... And US pilots can do the same in other countries, so long as their immigration docs are cleared...  

Also, US truck drivers don't need to get a Mexican approved truck, or a Mexican DL to go to Mexico, it's reciprocal...

Every one's views differ.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#39]
The 10th Amendmant reserves all the rights not explicitly given to the Federal government to the States or the People.

How is that hard to understand?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#40]
My favorite Libertarian Plank, though not as Self Destructive as the Immigration and Military Planks of the Libertarian Platform, has to be their stance on the problem of Human Rights Violations in other countries.  Badnarik's solution to this problem:

"Solution: We call upon all the world's governments to fully implement the principles and prescriptions contained in this platform and thereby usher in a new age of international harmony based upon the universal reign of liberty."

He ACTUALLY recommends that everyone in the world  become Libertarians.
It's not even a joke.

Who could be that naive?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The 10th Amendmant reserves all the rights not explicitly given to the Federal government to the States or the People.

How is that hard to understand?

It's not...

It also means that those 3 powers (General Welfare, Common Defense, Interstate/Foreign Commerce) are granted to the Federal Government.

And it is on those 3 that all current legislation rests (most of it on the Commerce clause).
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#42]
crappy crappy crappy...PAE...why don't you give an answer to Bush saying he woudl sign something that is unconstitutional? I am so tired of you neo-cons stomping all over the little party that tried. Get your head out of your ass and start talking about the way that Bush is being unconstitutional. who cares what the monster raving loonie party says? IF your party would simply try to follow the constitution, then we woudln't have this discussion at all. Don't throw rocks if you can't take the return pitch.

Bush and the constitution
1st McCain-Feingold
2ND as governor...turned a right into a privelege, as pres. who knows?
3rd--?
4th unreasonable search and seizure...busted over and over
5th---totally destroyed. people have been in jail for over two years without being charged.
6th reference the last
7th trial by hury, not a secret star chamber
8th--?
9th--that ones dead as a roadkilled arnadillo
10th--that one as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
um...no.

Why waste my time?

I've already voted for Bush.

I could make a video about why *I* would be a great candidate, and *I* would love to vote for myself.......but that, too, would be an irrelevant tax on the voters of America...so why bother?

But your too lazy so you sit at home and talk crap on the internet

by god don't try to change anything!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
My favorite Libertarian Plank, though not as Self Destructive as the Immigration and Military Planks of the Libertarian Platform, has to be their stance on the problem of Human Rights Violations in other countries.  Badnarik's solution to this problem:

"Solution: We call upon all the world's governments to fully implement the principles and prescriptions contained in this platform and thereby usher in a new age of international harmony based upon the universal reign of liberty."

He recommends that everyone in the world to become Libertarians.
It's not even a joke.

Who could be that naive?

A libertarian, that's who...

The entire movement is based on naievite...

Specifically, the idea that people are good, and can be trusted with near absolute freedom...

These are the same sorts of folks who would scream bloody murder if we violated the 'God Given Rights' of a foreign terrorist suspect (Because, you know, God gave them rights too, they are natural rights)...

They actually believe that if we leave everyone alone people will be good, responsible folks, and everyone will live in harmony...

It's the stupidest idea since Marx's 'Pure Communisim', and it's based on the same idea (utopia thru faith in the goodness of man), the difference is that the Libertarians believe anarchisim, not socialisim, is the path to achieving this absurdity...

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
crappy crappy crappy...PAE...why don't you give an answer to Bush saying he woudl sign something that is unconstitutional? I am so tired of you neo-cons stomping all over the little party that tried. Get your head out of your ass and start talking about the way that Bush is being unconstitutional. who cares what the monster raving loonie party says? IF your party would simply try to follow the constitution, then we woudln't have this discussion at all. Don't throw rocks if you can't take the return pitch.

Bush and the constitution
1st McCain-Feingold
2ND as governor...turned a right into a privelege, as pres. who knows?
3rd--?
4th unreasonable search and seizure...busted over and over
5th---totally destroyed. people have been in jail for over two years without being charged.
6th reference the last
7th trial by hury, not a secret star chamber
8th--?
9th--that ones dead as a roadkilled arnadillo
10th--that one as well

Hound, Bush said he thought portions of McCain-Feingold MAY be unconstitutional, but that it was up to the Court to decide the issue. If you can find ONE SINGLE TIME that Bush states that he thought McCain-Feingold WAS unconstitutional (not MIGHT BE), then you win.

2ND: Prior to Bush signing Concealed Carry law, carry a weapon was ILLEGAL in Texas.
4TH: DO you have a SINGLE example where ONE PERSON had his person or effects searched WITHOUT A WARRANT.
5TH: NAME?
7TH: NAME?
9TH and 10TH: Please point out a single instance in which these have been specifically violated by Bush.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I am so tired of you neo-cons stomping all over the little party that tried.

"...tried"?
Tried what?
Tried to put in place a Plaform that advocates open borders, and consequece-free desertion from the military?

Such a party deserves "stomping".

Get your head out of your ass and start talking about the way that Bush is being unconstitutional. who cares what the monster raving loonie party says? IF your party would simply try to follow the constitution, then we woudln't have this discussion at all. Don't throw rocks if you can't take the return pitch.

The Libertarians should be shouted down, but NOT because a few votes in their direction will cost Bush the election.

They need to be adderssed, and put down, because they HAVE BAD IDEAS.

The Republicans have good ideas, but they execute them poorly.
They play too much politics, in order to maintain power.....

Welcome to the World Of Reality.

Sure, you'll bring up the tired refrain:  "Bush said he'd sign it...."

All that does is remind us of how naive you are.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He recommends that everyone in the world to become Libertarians.
It's not even a joke.

Who could be that naive?

A libertarian, that's who...

The entire movement is based on naievite...

Specifically, the idea that people are good, and can be trusted with near absolute freedom...

These are the same sorts of folks who would scream bloody murder if we violated the 'God Given Rights' of a foreign terrorist suspect (Because, you know, God gave them rights too, they are natural rights)...

They actually believe that if we leave everyone alone people will be good, responsible folks, and everyone will live in harmony...

It's the stupidest idea since Marx's 'Pure Communisim', and it's based on the same idea (utopia thru faith in the goodness of man), the difference is that the Libertarians believe anarchisim, not socialisim, is the path to achieving this absurdity...

you don't understand libertarianism at all.

however I will agree with you that libertarians are naieve.  they want to return the US to the system of government we had prior to the civil war.   its just not going to happen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#48]
btw.  if you believe that the 2nd Amendmant doesn't give you the right to keep and bear arms RATHER that that right is GOD GIVEN and only ENUMERATED in the 2nd Amendment then you are probably a libertarian.

listen to the last 3 or 4 minutes of the video.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Already voted for him.

*Ducks thrown objects*
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#50]
That the Libertarian Party is dead on when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, is irrelevant.

Badnarik supports the Libertarian Platform, 100%.  He has said so.

That Platform is idiotic.
The fact that PARTS of the Platform are NOT idiotic, is meaningless.
the Planks on the Military and Immigration are enough to prove that Badnarik doesn't have the good sense or judgement to be president of a Condo Association, le alone this Nation.
Anyone who reads that Platform, and considers it to be a good idea, is just as flawed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top