Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 7:21:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny, I told my gf the same thing.  She replied with, "If I was dumb enough to vote for him, I'd hope you would. Kerry is a piece of shit."  I love her.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
See my new and improved signature line.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
See my new and improved signature line.

It's more accurate to say that 50% of the population is below median intelligence.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Intelligence is normally distributed. 50% (well 50% minus 1) falls below both the mean (average) and median.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they need to change it to "former Marine recruit"
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think they need to change it to "former Marine recruit"

I liked the line, "Soper, who will enter the Marines as soon as he passes the GED test..."

Uh, I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Intelligence is normally distributed. 50% (well 50% minus 1) falls below both the mean (average) and median.

In a perfectly-distributed normal distribution, Median=Mean=Mode.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but what in life is perfectly distributed?

Don't mind me, it's been a slow morning and I just felt like stirring some shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct, but since the mode is statistically worthless, I ignore it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
shoulda kill'd tha bitch
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#11]
"Jay, I live in the East Bay suburbs of San Francisco — Walnut Creek, to be exact. The Kerry-Edwards clipboard patrol is often soliciting donations at the local supermarket. I ignore them, except this one time. A very young, very pretty college-coed type asked as I passed by, 'Will you help defeat Bush with a donation?' I replied, 'No thanks, but I am glad to see some younger citizens getting involved in politics.' Since I'm over 50, I felt it was an okay remark, without condescension. Her reply was quick and chilling: 'Bush's concentration camps will be filled with the Jews, then the blacks!' Her eyes had become dark flint and her expression was pure malevolence. For only the third time in my life, I was left utterly speechless. [The letter-writer does not say what the other two times were.] I shook my head and walked slowly to the car. What in G*d's name had been poured into that young lady's head? Did she even know what she was saying?

"I'm voting (for Bush) like my life depends on it, and sending the NRA another donation."

http://nationalreview.com/impromptus/impromptus200410280824.asp
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There are indications that the Gaussian distribution of intelligence is not a very good approximation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#13]
<sigh>

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I doubt the US population is normally distributed. The country is partially populated through self-selection and from diverse poulations which have not sufficiently intermixed to form the randomness required. I think the demographics of a growing or aging population would come into play. Depends on what population you are talking about.

Most people are stupid regardless of average.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are indications that the Gaussian distribution of intelligence is not a very good approximation.

And there are also indications that it is.

www.bioteach.ubc.ca/MolecularBiology/Intelligence/
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Guess he didn't know the rule about poopers and pix.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#17]
"The Kerry Campaign doesn't have a monopoly on idiot supporters"

'Monopoly', no, but don't fall into that PoMo Mutli-Culti Liberal horseshit 'moral equivalency' game - it may be an example, but it in NO WAY counterbalances the huge amount of the insane on the Left.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"The Kerry Campaign doesn't have a monopoly on idiot supporters"

'Monopoly', no, but don't fall into that PoMo Mutli-Culti Liberal horseshit 'moral equivalency' game - it may be an example, but it in NO WAY counterbalances the huge amount of the insane on the Left.

Never said it did.  Chill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top