Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2001 12:15:01 AM EDT
Just curious. I see it mentioned once in awhile. I assume it is a method of rapid fire. How do you do it?

Aviator {www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
it's a mythical creature
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#2]
stick a finger in the trigger guard and hook your thumb in your belt loop, belt or corner of a pocket. Pull the rifle forward slowly until it fires and the tension/recoil causes the gun to move back and then forward again.

It's a useless parlor stunt. I have a 1911 that will "double tap" pretty much the same way with a light touch on the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha.. thanks. i thought it might have something to do with that Rubber sheep in Zen post  [;)]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't done it with my AR15, but  I have with my AK47.  

1. Basically you hold the rifle down by your waist at about belt level.  

2. With your left hand grab the front hand guard. This grip will fully support the rifle's weight.

3. Put your right(trigger) hand by the trigger so that it "open". Meaning all fingers pointing forward, except the trigger(index) finger bends into the trigger area.  No other part of your right hand touches the rifle.

4.Let your trigger finger lightly touch the trigger.  This finger stays still.

5. Now by using your left hand grip move the rifle forward onto your right trigger (index) finger.  [b]MAKE SURE YOU TRY TO KEEP THE RIGHT HAND/FINGER STILL!![/b]

6. As you pull the rifle forward the trigger will be depressed by the right finger and it will fire.  The recoil will cause the rifle to want to pull backwards.  But if you continue to pull it forward (with the left hand) you can get off many multiple rounds.

This does take some practice as you have to learn how far forward to pull the rifle to make it work.  But once you find a grove it is a lot of fun.  Just really focus on left hand pulling slightly forward and the left hand/trigger finger staying still.

The best I have done is an 15-18rnd string in about 1.5 seconds.  Good luck!!

sgtar15

P.S.  BTW It will draw lots of attention once you get the hang of it, so be careful who is watching you.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I've practiced quite a bit, and a 30 round mag is no problem at all...
Bumps all 30 rounds in just a few seconds...Really neat...But NO accuracy involved here, just showing off...
I was having a bit of trouble getting it just right, until I installed an AK style brake...
The brake is so effective it actually recoils the gun forward, making my trigger finger bounce on the trigger...
The damn gun fires just like a machine gun!!!(without the accuracy)

Forgot to mention I did this with my bone stock Romanian AK-47...
My AR's don't jump around enough to bump fire...
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I've witnessed TopCrest bump-firing an AK from the shoulder. Pretty impressive, not for the faint-hearted.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have an AK, the "string trick" is way more fun.
Anybody know what the "Nail trick" method of simulating full auto in an AR is?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool!
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Could someone describe the AK "string trick?"  I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a way for AK owners to waste ammo and not hit anything.  Of course, AK owners don't need to bumpfire to not hit anything... ;)
Just kidding guys.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
You can be pretty accurate when bump-firing an AR15. If you can "shoot from the hip" with a pistol or point and shoot a squirt gun then you can be fairly accurate using the bump-fire.

You won't be scoring any bullseyes at 100 yards, that's for sure. With a man sized target at 25-50 yards and a full 30 round mag you should be able to put at least 20 rounds on target.

Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Gol-go 13. Yes I know what the nail trick is. It's a little awkward keeping that nail in place with recoil and all.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I give up Golgo-13 whats the nail trick and string trick? Ihave both an ar 15 and ak 47. Want to share the info with a new guy?
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
geez guys- why are you sending this newbie down the garden path?
everyone knows that "BUMP FIRE" is really a 73 ford pinto!!!!!!!

come on!

steve
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#17]
You don't need any strings to bump fire an AK...
It just takes a little practice (alone)...
What seems to work good for me is...
I'll hold the rifle at waist level,supporting the forward handguard with my left hand,very loosely but still with a good grip.
I'll rack the handle to load a round, and I use my middle finger on my right hand to fire the gun.
I keep my thumb tucked tight in my palm so the handle doesn't rip off my thumbnail when it cycles (know from past experience)
I put my middle finger through the trigger guard and push firmly against the side of my hip.
I give the gun a little jerk forward and then hold it loosely to keep it going...
Sometimes it won't fire 'em off right away but after a few trys it'll go no problem...

Ironically, I was out today shooting with my wife and a couple buddies, and I figured I'd try to bump off my 100 round drum for the first time...

HOLY SH*T was that COOL !!!
It stumbled for the first 5 rounds or so BUT THEN, It took off like a friggin machine gun!!!
Once it started, I just couldn't stop!!!
I figured I just let it go till it jammed, but it never stopped 'till the drum was empty!!!
SOOOO COOOOL!!!
We were shooting at "stuff" about 100 yards away...
I was able to keep all the shots in about an 8ft X 8ft area...
Nothing but a cloud of dirt and debris everywhere...
The non-stop bump fire lasted about 15 seconds or so (wasn't counting)
It seemed to go on forever and I kept waiting for it to finish...
After I finished, I stood the gun upright and propped open the bolt so the barrel could cool off...
It melted the black synthetic handguards a little, and was smoking for about 10 minutes.
I guess it's not too good for the gun, but MAN was it worth it!!!
I definately recommend trying the bump fire technique with a 100 round drum.....WAY COOL !!!  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry for the delay in replying.  I've been out of state for a week.
The "string trick" for AK's is simple.  Tie one end of a piece of twine to the charging handle.  Loop the twine around the pistol grip and over the trigger.  When you pull on the free end of the twine, it tightens the loop over the trigger and the gun fires.  The charging handle moving back and forth tightens and relaxes the string with each shot equaling something that is a very good imitation of full auto.  You can put a loop in the end of the string and use it as a sort-of trigger.  I think it is more fun than bump fire because you can fire from the shoulder.  This doesn't work on an AR because there is no reciprocating charging handle.  If you have a pistol-gripped 10/22 you might be able to use the string trick on it.

Ken,
What is the "nail trick?"  I've seen references to it, but no explanations of it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
For the Record, Clear Fire IS a Master Bumper...

FWIW, last weekend I saw Garands, FN's and Mini-14's bump fired......Did I forget anything????
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Why dont you buntch of wusses tell us about the nail trick?  Chicken bakk bakk.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
String, nail, bump, I don't get it.  Why don't you just click the selector to auto?  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Paul, I didnt know you did YOUR Fn too....

We shoulda done a stereo FN bump thing...

Last weekend will go down as an all time classic shoot.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top