Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:58 PM EDT
I'm getting my fingerprints tomorrow for a Form 4 (Uzi SBR) and there is a line for:

DATE       SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL TAKING FINGERPRINTS

EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS

I know this is a dense question, but do they want my employer or the employer of the police officer taking the prints??  If it's mine, I'll fill it out tonight.

The last time I had my prints taken for my Green Card background check, the guy refused to sign the card.  I want to make this as painless for them as possible.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
name of person doing the prints
employer and address of the person doing the prints.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They want the employer of the official taking the prints.

My FL CCW app was kciked back because of that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a police dept. do the fingerprints, they will fill out that part . They will also make sure the prints are readable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
make sure the officer doing your prints fills out that section and SIGNS it. I cannot stress that enough.

J
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have a police dept. do the fingerprints, they will fill out that part . They will also make sure the prints are readable.

I'm bringing it to the police station tomorrow.

Quoted:
make sure the officer doing your prints fills out that section and SIGNS it. I cannot stress that enough.

I couldn't get the police officer to sign the card the last time (as noted up top).  He simply refused to sign it and wouldn't tell me why.  Hopefully I get someone else this time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
ask for his supervisor next time he refuses to do his job.

J
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
When I sent in my form 4 for my Krinkov, they lost the f-ing fingerprint card and I had to get another done and send it in.  Needless to say it took a few weeks longer to get the SBR permit.  Luckily, I decided to call to check on the status of eveything and that's when they told me that they couldn't find the card.  If I hadn't called, the paperwork would probably still be sitting on the lady's desk.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When I sent in my form 4 for my Krinkov, they lost the f-ing fingerprint card and I had to get another done and send it in.  Needless to say it took a few weeks longer to get the SBR permit.  Luckily, I decided to call to check on the status of eveything and that's when they told me that they couldn't find the card.  If I hadn't called, the paperwork would probably still be sitting on the lady's desk.  

I'm setting my sights very low.  I'm hoping the form gets approved sometime before I die.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm getting my fingerprints tomorrow for a Form 4 (Uzi SBR) and there is a line for:

DATE       SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL TAKING FINGERPRINTS

EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS

I know this is a dense question, but do they want my employer or the employer of the police officer taking the prints??  If it's mine, I'll fill it out tonight.

The last time I had my prints taken for my Green Card background check, the guy refused to sign the card.  I want to make this as painless for them as possible.

That would be a signature of the person taking your fingerprint, and YOUR employer and address followed by the reason you are being printed. Trust me
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
We have CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION in this thread...CLARIFY, PLEASE!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I used the person taking the prints (me) and his employer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We have CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION in this thread...CLARIFY, PLEASE!!!

This employer area was intended for the applicant to place information about his perspective employer if the position required a FBI fingerprint background check, i.e teacher, lawenforcement, security, Wall street.

Fingerprint instructor
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This employer area was intended for the applicant to place information about his perspective employer if the position required a FBI fingerprint background check, i.e teacher, lawenforcement, security, Wall street.

Fingerprint instructor

Ok, I'll leave it blank and let the police officer tackle that one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]
C-4
Sorry I had to run off but my post was relieved. The official's address is covered by the O.R.I. number located on the mast (header) the FBI and the state screeners will use that number to determine the officer's agengy. If they were using an IAFIS system you would have your results in about 20 minutes or less, but the machine is approximately $80,000.00 give or take. Now if an applicant needed a new set of applicant prints taken but was not changing employers they would still put their present employer's address there. The officer will take care of it I just like to talk fingerprints and thought you might like to know the background.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top