Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/27/2004 6:21:12 PM EDT
He's got the siren on...
GERTZ // THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, “almost certainly” removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad
www.drudgereport.com/
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
And what other weapons could they possibly have moved? We havent heard the last of the WMD.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What's that noise?  I do believe it's the sound of a coffin lid being nailed on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Boy,  this is gonna piss off Kerry.  Most excellent!  

I beg to disagree.  He will push on, completely ignoring the facts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, this would (could) be bad for kerry and all, but what about the fucking russians? won't they have some explaining to do? i would think yes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yeah, this would (could) be bad for kerry and all, but what about the fucking russians? won't they have some explaining to do? i would think yes.

and who is gonna make them talk?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

[Putin] We seized the opportunity to protect American troops from these dangerous weapons. It was our small contribution to an effort that international politics and domestic finances prevented us from joining on the front lines. [/Putin]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  "Uhh....you were supposed to HELP us keep those sanctions (before GWII), not help the Iraqi's"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Putin] We seized the opportunity to protect American troops from these dangerous weapons. It was our small contribution to an effort that international politics and domestic finances prevented us from joining on the front lines. [/Putin]

LOL, that's quite a good spin
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and who is gonna make them talk?

if there's concrete evidence that this indeed happened (which is the only way it will get any coverage whatsoever), they can't remain silent. or am i totally offbase here?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He's got the siren on...
GERTZ // THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, “almost certainly” removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad
www.drudgereport.com/

I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, so we took the weapons to syria. they'll be safe there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's got the siren on...
www.drudgereport.com/

I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!

Yep, that is a pretty strong claim.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's got the siren on...
www.drudgereport.com/

Bill Gertz has the best intel connections in the biz, he broke the selling of nuke technology to the Chinese by ole slick Willie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Bill Gertz is Da Man!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Seems like I read somewhere  that right up till the end Hussein had Russian KGB (GRU?) and SF units under contract from the Russian gov't to handle/advise on (iirc) logistics and something else. If memory serves, this was recently (before the explosives thing came up)  mentioned somewhere quite casually, as a known fact.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Fox News is reporting it also.

We've known all along that Iraq's WMD's were moved by "someone" to Syria, specifically to Qaratshuk south of the Syrian city of Al Qamishli.

The Main Stream Media never reported it as it doesn't figure into their plans to get SKerry elected.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Boy,  this is gonna piss off Kerry.  Most excellent!  

I beg to disagree.  He will push on, completely ignoring the facts.

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#25]
we've know for awhile about russian-iraqi connections right up until the war commenced.  including russian generals in baghdad just weeks prior to the invasion.  this doesn't suprise me at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#26]
gotta tag this for work tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

[Putin] It was late, it was dark, we were drunk. The headlights on the trucks were burned so we had to put Ivan and Mikhail on the fenders of the lead truck holding kerosene lanterns. We were supposed to drive all the way Moscow under such conditions?[/Putin]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's got the siren on...
www.drudgereport.com/

Bill Gertz has the best intel connections in the biz, he broke the selling of nuke technology to the Chinese by ole slick Willie.

Bush better have this thing verified by COB tomorrow! If it turns out that the Ruskies were haulin' shit out of Iraq and into Syria then we got fukt hard! Bush needs to prove it and HARP on it between now and Tuesday.

But, this claim is going to need to have Iron Clad evidence! Pictures of Sadaam, Uday and Quasay loding explosives into Putin's trunk would be nice!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#29]
[I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!/quote]

If you remember during the first hours of the war we bombed a convoy heading into Syria.  There were Russian soldiers killed in the attack.  

Semper Fi
Shooter
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#31]
This is a serious accusation and better be true.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
[I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!/quote]

If you remember during the first hours of the war we bombed a convoy heading into Syria.  There were Russian soldiers killed in the attack.  

Semper Fi
Shooter

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Putin] It was late, it was dark, we were drunk. The headlights on the trucks were burned so we had to put Ivan and Mikhail on the fenders of the lead truck holding kerosene lanterns. We were supposed to drive all the way Moscow under such conditions?[/Putin]

our news guys would buy it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#34]
October Surprise wetdream

Syria comes out in the next two days and says, yes we have the explosive and yes we have the WMD.  Please come and get them.

This comes after Bush personally calls Assad and tells him about his soon to be appointment with 72 virgins.

Wetdream over

I wonder how ole Kerry is going to spin this
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Semper Fi
Shooter

I remember something like that, and I remember that there were papers or something being smuggled out by a Russian diplomatic convoy.

I'm going to remain pessimistic until there is definitive proof. I won't under estimate the power of the average moron.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#37]
It's amazing that some still don't know the deal with the Russians.  It's cute in a naive sort of way...  Let me break it down...

- They have no money (remember that collapse thing)
- When you have no money, you do things that you are good at for money
- Iraq has lots of money, and was in need of those things

Remember the Kyoto (sp) treaty?  We walked regardless of what the world thought because it would hurt our economy.  It doesn't matter that it was unfair, it simply matters that we acted in our own self interest (BTW: as we should).  Strange that people would {gasp} when the Russians do the same regarding policies that would starve them of direct cash flow.   It's simply how it is...

If anything, Bush could spin it as:  Kerry thinks he'll be able to create alliances with these people.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
If this is true - Bush needs to launch a full-out attack on Syria NOW, and at least a token surgical strike on Moscow.  They are aiding terrorists.  This will bring this fight against terrorists to a head pretty damn quick.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It is not a dead horse until Dan Rather says it is, and he is not likely to trust anybody elses vetting system to be as trustworthy as his own.

What's this about Dan Rather and farm animals?  Hmm....would be a shame if that story ever got out.  But I'm sure the source is good....so I'll start spreding the word.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
October Surprise wetdream

Syria comes out in the next two days and says, yes we have the explosive and yes we have the WMD.  Please come and get them.

This comes after Bush personally calls Assad and tells him about his soon to be appointment with 72 virgins.

Wetdream over

I wonder how ole Kerry is going to spin this

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Aside from the politics, if this is true....
HOLY SHIT!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is a serious accusation and better be true.

As the Dems say, "the Seriousness of the accusation warrants an investigation..."  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's a spooky thought (Just fer funsies).....

The dims are already half-convinced that Karl Rove was ultimately the source of the "Memo-Gate" papers a few weeks ago. I've seen them say as much that it (Memo-gate) was just another in a long line of Rove "Dirty tricks" calculated to blow-up in their faces and make them look stupid (Not hard  ).

I'm starting to wonder if "Just" maybe, this is more of the same (?)  Let the dims run with a story for a couple of days (As THEIR October "surprize") and then have it revealed that not only is their argument TOTALLY wrong but, that the TRUTH of the story both CONFIRMS the WMD idea AND fingers one of those "Allies" that kerry says HE'D have brought into the fold before talking action.

kerry's even made COMMERCIALS over the story in the last two days! lol

If this turns out to be true and Rove had ANY hand in it we need to be chiseling HIS face into MT Rushmore LOL  (Here dims, not only will I sell you the rope to hang yourselves with, I'M gonna have you grow the hemp first)

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
The USA's got some awesome spy satalites orbit above, how come they didn't see'em doing this BS? The reason, they can predict when the sats are going to be overhead. There is only so much those spy sats can do. We need to go back to the U2 and SR71 recon planes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#48]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]

interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, “almost certainly”

This part of the story from Drudge concerns me.  I'm not sure I would bet my money on "he believes" and "almost certainly"

Hopefully someone some where has ROCK SOLID PROOF, if not Bush needs to lay low.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top