Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 11:10:04 PM EDT
More like ghetto style.
In the style of the infamous lordtrader, I'm posting what's sitting in front of me right now. He's probably moved on to the barely legal "dessert" portion of his meal by now.

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/025/ST/Mm/tu/K557105.jpg[/img]
Goldfish crackers, salsa, 75 cents worth of beef, bean, and green chili burritos, nuked for a couple minutes.
The sad thing is, this is the same thing I ate a couple hours ago.

Man, I can't wait to get my girlfriend out here. I miss her cooking![:(]

[Imbrog|io, can you tell me what the items in the picture represent please?]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO!  I'm stuck w/ canned tuna & kidney bean w/ my beer.  Like an idiot I didn't go to the store for groceries & now I'm flooded in...
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL,tell me about it........I just ate a whole bag of chocolate donuts (nothing in the fridge, and the TV dinner supply store is closed. At least I'm well-stocked with root beer.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I think I ate those same burritos a couple hours ago!

Except I went to the trouble to make some rice-o-roni mexican rice as a substitute to the more traditional mexican side of goldfish.

And I'm on vacation and I fly to see my girlfriend tomorrow morning, so muhahahhhh!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I've lived here for exactly one month today, and last night was my first real visit to the grocery store. I've been living on pizza and fast food mainly, and my body is going to fall apart soon if I'm not careful.

Man, I've got some crazy gas, and nobody to share it with.[:I]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeeez....can't any of you guys cook?

I can........wait, maybe that's why I'm fat. [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
TREETOP

"Man, I've got some crazy gas, and nobody to share it with. "

That's definitely more information than I needed.[:X*]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Maddock, I see you're in AZ also. You may be enjoying my flatulence and not even be aware of it.[:P]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jeeez....can't any of you guys cook?

I can........wait, maybe that's why I'm fat. [>Q]
View Quote

I can cook, but my ability only covers steaks, burgers, burritos and a couple other gourmet items.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, guys can cook just as well as the ladies.  There are a lot of cooking shows on PBS stations.  A great many of the world great chefs are men, look at Wolfgang Puck.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn it!!! hahahah that looks like my dinner!!!!  My Girlfriend has been tdy {away} for 90 days....  She's coming back on Sunday!  

Pros and Cons.....
Pro:  I get to eat good again.  !!One of many pros!

Con:  I'm in the middle of all out war with the mess I've made in the past 90 days!  
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
When a man knows how to cook and how to use his right hand "properly", he then no longer needs a women around!![;)][:I][;)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Fresh garlic from the garden, crushed, minced, sauteed in butter (unsalted) with marjoram and cilantro (also from the garden. Over fresh pasta, side of garden salad (from the garden), wine vinegar/olive oil dressing with herbs (from the garden). Grilled salmon on mesquite (from the last fishing expedition).

These days it's home brewed beer. I wash my own clothes and clean the house too. Real men can do it all.

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey its fad, its catching on. We should make a forum just for it.

Meals with your Guns.

HEHEHHEHEHEHE

Here's mine [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=28774#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Good beer! cant tell are you left or right handed?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Jeez,i know it's easy to be lazy,especially when the ol' lady isn't around.So let me make a little suggestion,run out and get yourselves a set of books called:The Essential-fill in the blank-Cookbook.This is a set of about 8 different books on everything from pasta,seafood,or even asian cooking.The books have lots of photos and are easy to follow,they are put out by Whitecap Books.P.S.-those frozen burritos will rot your gut faster than cheap beer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#18]
When I was single I used to eat this a lot:
Ingredients: Boxed macaroni and cheese dinner, 1 can Hormel or Wolf brand chili.
Boil the pasta and drain, thoroughly mix the cheez powder and the canned chili with the hot pasta. (I usually removed the layer of grease from the chili when I opened the can.) Season to taste with your favorite hot sauce.  Beer is the beverage of choice. Eat straight from the pot with a big spoon while sitting in front of the TV.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Man those were the days.  Eating was efficient.  Now I have to eat salads and asparagus and call to say when I will be home for dinner.  

And the worst part is when you pick up your new LEGP rifle you have to sneak it into the basement and look at it when you are alone rather than having it be your dinner partner, at the kitchen table where you can admire it as you dip your burrito in a big mound of ketchup or salsa.  

Those were the days...I might have to put a microwave in my gun room and become a closet microwave burrito eater after seeing that.  

[>Q]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Dinner (Breakfast?) of champions!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maddock, I see you're in AZ also. You may be enjoying my flatulence and not even be aware of it.[:P]
View Quote

So thats what I was smelling...

Oh wait, I just finished one of those burro's
Must have been me [:X*]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm havimg the same thing again right now for breakfast/ lunch.
Except with Mountain Dew instead of beer.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey, goldfish do a body good!!
I could practically live on them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys are pathetic.[:D] Weren't any of you scouts? When I was 10 I could've cooked you a gourmet meal on a hobo stove! OK, maybe not a gourmet meal but I can cook "scouts on raft" on a hobo stove.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't cook.  I BURN!!! [img]http://www.ar15.com/forums/images/smiles/anim_pyro.gif[/img]

Even toast is not safe from the fiery wrath of the cooking Q-Man!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I can see it now...

1 clove of garlic
1 onion, diced
1 lb of ground beef
10 round .223 FMJ
5 drops hoppe's #9

Saute the onion and garlic, then add ground beef. Lower heat, then Clean gun with hoppe's, load up , and shoot a nice group. Return to stove, and beef will be done.

Learning to cook can be fun...heck..if I can do it..anyone can!!(well..it's easy for me to say..I am a pro chef!)

And besides..to all you single guys..women DIG when you can cook!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Sigh.   And to think---tonight I made a nice dinner of boneless chicken breast stuffed with crawfish and mushrooms, potatoes au gratin, steamed baby carrots, and fresh baked BHoston Brown bread.  Fresh strawberries and cream for dessert.  Y'all need to work on those cooking skills a little more.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Nah, I think "sewing" was my first badge.[:I]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Ya know . . .

Those burritos are not bad. You should chop an onion and green pepper and put on top, then maybe some grated chedder. Salsa goes ON the burrito, not beside. Heat the whole mess in a microwave. (Oven is better, but micro is faster.)

Get some real corn chips instead of the goldfish. Couple slices of tomato on the side.
Decent taste in beer, firearms, reading material.

Bon apetit
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]
That would fit nicely into my new diet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top