Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 12:10:39 PM EDT
Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership. I see they dont restrict themselves to being Jewish only on membership. Seems too me they could come out and say what they want without too much critissism from the left. Surfed around a little on their website and wondered what the deal is with them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I'm a member.  I'm not Jewish but i like their efforts.  I also like the Grampa Jack comic books.  I leave them around when i go to the doctor or the dentist's office.
Come to think of it i have not recieved anything from them recently.  Maybe i should send them more money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm Jewish and met up with quite a few JPFO people at AIPAC last year after President Bush spoke.

Not a member, but considering joining. Innocents Betrayed was really good. I think there were a few things that they could have done better but the important thing is that Innocents was a precedent, the "Bowling for Columbine" of the pro-RKBA side.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Been a member off and on for about five years, IIRC.  When I remember, I send them more money
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been a member off and on for about five years, IIRC.  When I remember, I send them more money

me, too. Which reminds me.... I gotta send them a few bucks.

Hey, David, ain't bein' Irish sorta like bein' Jewish, but different?

(The biggest difference that I see is that Jews make better corned beef, but the Irish make better whisky.)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 gentile JPFO members. Oh, re: the corned beef/whisky thing, one of the funniest slogans I've ever seen is for Maccabbee, an Israeli beer. "Maccabbee. The chosen beer of the Chosen People."
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 gentile JPFO members. Oh, re: the corned beef/whisky thing, one of the funniest slogans I've ever seen is for Maccabbee, an Israeli beer. "Maccabbee. The chosen beer of the Chosen People."

It's pretty good beer. My all time FAVORITE is Hebrew National hot dogs, the best hot dogs ever made.
"We answer to a higher authority"

Still, a Kosher hot dog is an oxymoron to my way of thinking.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Wheather I join, or donate, I think I definately will have to buy a shirt from them that has the logo on it. Nothing like pissing off the people you work with
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm also a member.

You shoud be too.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
And, unlike me, most other members can spell "should."

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've been a member for four or five years but I'm not Jewish. Good pro-active group. I get the Granda Jones (?) comic books for visits to the dentist and doctor's offices

Grampa Jack. I like him better than "Full-Auto Bear" or whatever they call that critter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a member, but they've put together an interesting organization and they are ready with some good arguments for our side.  I like their book list and have purchased some good books from them such as; "Dial 911 and Die" and "Gun Control, Gateway to Tyranny".  Their documentation of the connection between the Nazi Gun Control a Act of 1934 and our own Gun Control Act of 1968 and Senator Dodd's involvement is chilling.
When I've mentioned their organization to the Jews I know their response is usually something like, "Oh, they must be Israelis!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes. You need to check out the DVD they put out called "Innocents Betrayed".
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
When I've mentioned their organization to the Jews I know their response is usually something like, "Oh, they must be Israelis!"

My Israeli shipmate said that he generally didn't like a lot New York Jews mainly because they addresses him in Yiddish and were pretty wimpy about things. My shipmate was a real fire pissing Sabra (native Israeli) and didn't take any shit from anybody.

He said Yiddish was the language of the ghetto and that Hebrew was the language of the free Jew.

I once saw him pick up a Norwegien fisherman and THROW him at another fisherman during a salmon brawl! He was a HUGE 6'+ good natured blond haired, blue eyed Sabra that drew kids and puppy dogs like a magnet.

OUR Jewish members here on ARFCOM seem to be a pretty different breed than the stereotypical New York Jews loathed by my shipmate.

One of the most interesting people I have ever sailed with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I just joined again for 2 years

It's a flip/flop thing, whenever I remember to rejoin
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Yup member, need to renew soon, and yes I am tired of wimpy Jews....I have told many Jewish women, don't baby your kids, we have enough lawyers and accountants...let them be men, like a cop, or  .....better yet ...... a jail guard
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#18]
By the way, JPFOs book, "The State Vs The People: The Rise of the American Police State," is a great book.  I highly recommend it to all...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
By the way, JPFOs book, "The State Vs The People: The Rise of the American Police State," is a great book.  I highly recommend it to all...

I've been reading it in very small drips for quite awhile. It depresses me and send my BP through the roof. Sadly, it does these things because it is dead accurate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the reminder to renew.

The renewal notice has been buried in the pile of things to get to when there is extra money .
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#21]
My favorite part of the membeship I had was the JPFO coloring book they sent me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Joined 2 nights ago infact.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My favorite part of the membeship I had was the JPFO coloring book they sent me.

My favorite one was the "brasco" book and the star of david with guns hat pin.

I haven't heard a word from them though beyond the packet of crap they sent me when I joined.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top