Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 11:45:25 AM EDT
He could do this with an executive order, I believe and he has voted to do it in the past.  

If he wins, I think this could be his first gun control target.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
He could not do this by EO.

He surely would try to do it by legislation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, he is a gun owner and hunts "beast and fowl".
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Bill Clinton wanted to, but he got talked out of it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nope, he is a gun owner and hunts "beast and fowl".

on his belly ...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got my first M1 Garand from them a couple of weeks ago.  I think I will have to get a few more  over the next few weeks.  I've got 3 sons so I figure I need to get one for each of them along with my own.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The libs/dems have been trying...   After all, those 60 year old M1s and 60-90 year old M1903s are 'Weapons of war'.    Even though they are obsolete, they can mow down schools of children from the hip and are designed to spray fire a thousand rounds a minute.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just got my first M1 Garand from them a couple of weeks ago.  I think I will have to get a few more  over the next few weeks.  I've got 3 sons so I figure I need to get one for each of them along with my own.

You are a good dad and do not for get the ammo.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
He actually voted to do just this - so I am thinking he probably would.  And much, much more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sorry but Bill Clinton was talked out of nothing. His Administration did their damnedest to shut down the programs AND ACTUALLY HAD STARTED DESTROYING M1 RIFLES before Congress stopped them. Congress hit Clinton over the head with a bill and clubbed him in to submission by making the CMP a private self-supporting organization.  

This is why Kerry could not now stop the CMP by EO, but if elected you can bet your ass he will try to have the CMP legislated out of existence.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The nefarious senator would do everything w/ in the granted powers of the executive to break the backs of "extremist", gun-luvin' nutz, not to mention, nominate his own brand of SCOTUS justices. I can very well imagine an attempt at a severe federal ban that would put many gun owners/collectors in jeopardy, courtesy of the machinations of the executive branch.

Remember: the democratic party has mutated & necrotized from within to become the party of "do what [they] say...or else!" This election goes way beyond the here & now. Vote in the present to preserve the future, peoples.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Does shit stink?

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
absolutely.  it would be the first of many steps toward destroying our freedoms.   not gonna happen though
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry but Bill Clinton was talked out of nothing. His Administration did their damnedest to shut down the programs AND ACTUALLY HAD STARTED DESTROYING M1 RIFLES before Congress stopped them. Congress hit Clinton over the head with a bill and clubbed him in to submission by making the CMP a private self-supporting organization.  

This is why Kerry could not now stop the CMP by EO, but if elected you can bet your ass he will try to have the CMP legislated out of existence.

US Senator Larry Craig of UT had a lot to do with derailing Bill Clinton's bill to shut down the DCM. The NRA also pushed real hard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
That would then be up to the UN.

ktm500
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
This is just ridiculous and extremely scary to think of.   Many years of history, tradition, fun, and sportsmanship down the drain because of an asshole.  The CMP/National Mathces are the shining example of the goodness of shooting sports.  If they get shut down I will be shocked and awed at the direction this country is heading.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top