BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 11:05:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
At least the dogs are okay.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's too bad about the baby, I hope everything turns out okay.

BUT having seen some brides in action, I SERIOUSLY doubt her claim that: "the officer used the stun gun without provocation."  More likely she slipped into Bridezilla mode and got what was coming to her.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
If the LEO was indeed informed that she was pregnant and still tasered anyway, he should be held accountable if the baby dies.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Doning the flame suit....

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure the fetus refused to follow verbal commands
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Believe everything the media says...

Hevens no---

I always believe the police report.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]
In LEO-land, you get huge points for tasering pregnant ladies and maga-points for zapping a lady at her wedding reception.  Unfortunately, dogs and blue-hairs are only 5 points apiece.  

I can't even calculate how many points this lucky devil earned with one shot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In LEO-land, you get huge points for tasering pregnant ladies and maga-points for zapping a lady at her wedding reception.  Unfortunately, dogs and blue-hairs are only 5 points apiece.  

So how many points do you need to get your name put in the weekly donut drawing?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can only think of one or two tazee's that would garner more points. You're right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What about pay bonuses and end of quarter raises?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I read the report.

I see no problems with the officer's conduct.

The "bride", however, got what she asked for.  She resisted arrest and her boyfriend pushed the officer and called the officer "an expletive".

I don't hit policemen, I don't resist arrest, and I don't cuss at policemen.  Therefore, I don't get tazed.

I wonder if there is a connection?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So does how many points do you need to get your name put in the weekly donut drawing?

Hmmm, leseee...If I can bag me a pre-schooler tonight, that should snag a dozen jellies (or a bottle of thunderbird.)    I AM just one obese person away from a nifty pocket organizer, though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn...I just did a search on google of police tasering incidents.    

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Is that with or without the secret decoder ring that lets you into the back of Krispy Kreme, Maxwell Smart style?

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Damn, sounds like one hell of a party.

Has anyone ever heard of a "part time state police officer"?

Loud party, abusive drunks,  Wonder how much alcohol "Mommy" had consumed while pregnant?

Damn shame it was a black officer,  there goes the race card angle.    What's a  bottom feeding liberal lawyer to do now?

BTW:  OUR monthly drawing is for a Chinese buffet, not donuts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 Wonder how much alcohol "Mommy" had consumed while pregnant?

Good point.  Hopefully they took that into consideration when declaring that the baby's vital signs were "weak."

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I would like to have been there.... just to see for myself..

I can just picture it..

A provocative loudmouth is drunk and has the stereo blasting..

Neighbors call the cops..

Our favorite hassled hot head female cop arrives on the scene with a belt load of weapons and an attitude to match..

Drunken loudmouth gets shitty with female hothead.. She calls for backup..

A boat load of angry males arrive to rescue their female compatriot.

Situation goes down hill from there..
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I saw this one on RENO 911 a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hevens no---

How'd I know you'd chime in.

Sorry YOUR agency sucked so much.

Truth hurts

Don't it ???
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Who cares. Look at all the police activity in one day all around the country. Every now and then something negative happens.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Who cares. Look at all the police activity in one day all around the country. Every now and then something negative happens.

Good point
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Using a Taser to remove someone from a closet? Either there is more to this story or the cops had some serious contempt of cop issues.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#26]
"Pregnant" bride???I need read no further. Bet she looked classy holding her 40oz, and sucking on a cigarette...PS..I've worked security at dozens of weddings. It's amazing how idiotic the people start acting with an open bar. I can only imagine how out of hand it got at someone's home, with no security at all. Just a bunch of animals....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I really like the responses some of the LEOs have posted on this thread.
I wonder if they would think it quite as funny if someone posts a story about a cop getting shot/beaten and others chime in with their smart ass remarks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hevens no---

I'll bet you were just a day at the beach when you were a cop.
Weren't you supposed to be a supervisor on some small 110 officer dept?
I'll bet you were the kind of chickenshit supervisor that took the politically correct way out and sided with the "citizen" everytime.  I've known the type.
I'll bet your subordinates despised you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Cops get shot, beaten, and murdered every day of the week. The only smart ass comments you wouldn't be able to make would be, "at least the cop got home safely, or at least he didn't shoot the dog."
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I wonder if they would think it quite as funny if someone posts a story about a cop getting shot/beaten and others chime in with their smart ass remarks.

I can tell you exactly what they (we) would say.

If an off-duty police officer had the cops called because he was disturbing the peace, and cussed the arriving officer, and assaulted the officer, and resisted arrest, he would get tazed, just like this idiot.

And we would laugh at his stupidity and cheer for the duty officer that tazed his sorry butt.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Swearing at the cop is a non issue here. Once the music was turned down they had no further reason to be there (assuming there were no complaints to be signed). They can't make any arrests for DOC, and therefore couldn't even demand ID (as far as I know). Therefore, that dept. is probably going to get judged against in court. Probably an Affirmative Action hire, dealing with an AA public.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Swearing at the cop is a non issue here. Once the music was turned down they had no further reason to be there (assuming there were no complaints to be signed). They can't make any arrests for DOC, and therefore couldn't even demand ID (as far as I know). Therefore, that dept. is probably going to get judged against in court. Probably an Affirmative Action hire, dealing with an AA public.

You're assuming an awful lot here....if the disturbence is still going on, the officer does not have to retreat, and yes she could have made an arrest for Disorderly Conduct or whatever the situation dictated.
Its after 11:00PM, its a wedding reception, drinking perhaps?  The woman resists arrest possibly, but the cops should back off because someone's screaming at them she's knocked up?
Maybe the cops were wrong, maybe not, but this article is no more than a passing human interest story.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're assuming an awful lot here....if the disturbence is still going on, the officer does not have to retreat, and yes she could have made an arrest for Disorderly Conduct or whatever the situation dictated.
Its after 11:00PM, its a wedding reception, drinking perhaps?  The woman resists arrest possibly, but the cops should back off because someone's screaming at them she's knocked up?
Maybe the cops were wrong, maybe not, but this article is no more than a passing human interest story.

Why don't you go read the fucking article.  The cop was called about loud music.  The music was turned off.  The cop stayed.  Bad cop.  No Dougnut.

Taht said, the tazee in this situation DID probably do stuff that isn't being reported, but tazing a pregnant woman IN THE ABDOMEN is just flat out wrong.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hevens no---

I'll bet you were the kind of chickenshit supervisor that took the politically correct way out and sided with the "citizen" everytime.  I've known the type.

When I retired --
My entire squad -
1 promoted to Lt
1 promoted to DB
another to Lt
another to Sgt. to replace me on my recommendation
others did well as far as -- evals and such

they all would have  thrown themselves on a grenade for me ......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#36]
On the 'escalation of force continuum' where does pregnant come in? Before or after 80 year old Granny or maybe above 12 year old girl? This is getting confusing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you go read the fucking article.  The cop was called about loud music.  The music was turned off.  The cop stayed.  Bad cop.  No Dougnut.

Taht said, the tazee in this situation DID probably do stuff that isn't being reported, but tazing a pregnant woman IN THE ABDOMEN is just flat out wrong.

I read "the fucking article."
The "fucking article" was written by a reporter that wasn't there.  Is there maybe a small, infintesimal probability that those in the party continued to show their asses?
Maybe the cop stuck around after the music was turned down because there was more going on?  Or maybe even the music wasn't really turned down???????
How pregnant is this bitch?  Was she even showing??????????
I'm glad you buy into whatever the mainstream media tells you, and I'm sure Kerry will appreciate your vote.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hevens no---

When I retired --
My entire squad -
1 promoted to Lt
1 promoted to DB
another to Lt
another to Sgt. to replace me on my recommendation
others did well as far as -- evals and such

they all would have  thrown themselves on a grenade for me ......

Hmmmm then why are you so bitter about cops?  You're posts remind me of how Kerry slandered his band of brothers when he came back from "Nam.  If the cops are wrong, then they're wrong, but your posts consistently side with the anti-police.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read "the fucking article."
The "fucking article" was written by a reporter that wasn't there.  Is there maybe a small, infintesimal probability that those in the party continued to show their asses?
Maybe the cop stuck around after the music was turned down because there was more going on?  Or maybe even the music wasn't really turned down???????
How pregnant is this bitch?  Was she even showing??????????
I'm glad you buy into whatever the mainstream media tells you, and I'm sure Kerry will appreciate your vote.

Well dip stick we are arguing what the article is about ----
we ain't on a jury --------

You represent what I hate in todays LEO --
we the LEO are  right -- no matter what we do
the press is wrong and if they ain't we will lie and try to write / BS our way out of it ...

you make me ashamed of what law dogs are becoming.
Kids with badges.................  and a tazer -----------------
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmmmm then why are you so bitter about cops? You're posts remind me of how Kerry slandered his band of brothers when he came back from "Nam. If the cops are wrong, then they're wrong, but your posts consistently side with the anti-police.

Why does that bother you ---
if the cop steps on his dick --

I will not defend them.

There are plenty bad ones out there -- thats for sure.

Too many articles show that ------------- too  often.

I will let the mindless defend the corupt -- I have better things to do.

Edit : Kerry has a Bronze star do you ???

I thought so.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell you exactly what they (we) would say.

If an off-duty police officer had the cops called because he was disturbing the peace, and cussed the arriving officer, and assaulted the officer, and resisted arrest, he would get tazed, just like this idiot.

And we would laugh at his stupidity and cheer for the duty officer that tazed his sorry butt.

Wow.....tough cops....can't get a pregnant woman out of a closet without taser'ing her.....I'm sure she was foaming at the mouth.  

Taser the men by all means, if they are a problem.  But the woman?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#42]

If the LEO was indeed informed that she was pregnant and still tasered anyway, he should be held accountable if the baby dies

If she's pregnant, she shouldn't be pushing a female cop.    You do stupid shit, you're gonna tazed.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever heard of a "part time state police officer"?

NYS has part time state park police officers during the summer months only. Maybe it was something like that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Called for loud music asked to turn it down.

When the police get called to minor disturbances, like loud music, they often want to record the name of the offender, so that if it happens on a continual basis, it goes from polite warnings to citations. Because the neighbors have a right to enjot the quiet peace of their homes.

Next, it says he turned off the music, and the officer was  still there. Did he expect the officer to be "Beamed out" by Lt. Scott as soon as the music went down? Then, the guy goes back oever to the officer and unleahes an expleteive. If it is the usual stuff, who cares. If that expletive was a racial comment starting with "N", someone has crossed a line.

Next, I doubt the officer just showed up, and said could the music be turned off? And the guy ran to the stereo. It usual happens, who called you, why do I have to turn off the music in my house, etc. etc.

Another officer arrived and tried to arrest Phelps, who police claim pushed the officer. That's when Phelps was shot with a Taser gun. According to Phelps' attorney, the officer used the stun gun without provocation.

Phelps, who is a part-time state police officer and truck driver, was then taken into custody, Ferguson reported.

In court documents, Madison states she saw what happened to her father, screamed, and asked the officer to stop. The officer allegedly turned the Taser gun toward her and threatened the bride with it, according to the lawsuit.

Madison ran into the home, and one of the officers followed. That officer then allegedly shot Madison with the Taser gun twice in the abdomen, despite being told by witnesses that she was pregnant.

So the police are "wrassling" with a disorderly person, when another person wants to join the fracas. The officer tells the other person, to stay back, in no uncertain terms. That person instead charges towards the officers, and as told earlier, force is used.

Others tell the officers the person involved is pregnant.

Well, why are pregnant people trying to get into physical fights? How pregnant could she be, if the officers had to be told she was pregnant?

Tazers effect skeletal muscles, in other words, surface muscles. Ask me how I know.

If someone tells me not to put my hand in the king cobra cage, and I do and I get bit. Is it the guy that told me not to put my hand in there or the snake's fault, because it certainly isn't mine I should be able to put my hands anywhere I want, because it's a free country.

SAME THING WITH THIS STORY.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#45]
The bride was already pregnant?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top