Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 10:06:37 AM EDT

Just when you thought a newb couldn't think of another one.

(Sorry, but I have to ask this.....).

Are there any differences between the complete lower halves  from when they were considered pre-ban, post-ban, and now no-ban from Armalite, Colt, Bushmaster, and Rock River.

Are the lowers essentially the same, even if there are differences?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
aside from whether or not the lower has a telestock, (and of course the serial number, and whether or not the shelf has been milled out), there is absolutely no difference between pre-ban, post-ban, and no-ban lowers...

from a functionality standpoint, they are all EXACTLY THE SAME...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
aside from whether or not the lower has a telestock, (and of course the serial number, and whether or not the shelf has been milled out), there is absolutely no difference between pre-ban, post-ban, and no-ban lowers...

Thats what I thought, but I wanted to read it on ARFCOM first to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes and no.
A 'post-ban' lower wouldnt have a collapsible stock but dimensionally and internally they are the same. Some were marked LEO only but that was meaningless unless the rifle was in evil configuration before the 13th. Simple huh?
All fixed stock, civvy marked lowers are the same, pre and post ban.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Another AWB pre-post-no question  

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes and no.
A 'post-ban' lower wouldnt have a collapsible stock but dimensionally and internally they are the same. Some were marked LEO only but that was meaningless unless the rifle was in evil configuration before the 13th. Simple huh?
All fixed stock, civvy marked lowers are the same, pre and post ban.

Right, thank you.  I meant to focus my question on the internals of the lower receiver and functionality (and exclude the stock and markings).  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
They are identical, with the exception of the FAB-10 (fixed magazine) and maybe Colt (sear block, FCG pins, large hole/small hole) depending upon how far you want to go back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top