Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 9:56:02 AM EDT
I thought it was pretty hokey.  The time dialation seemed weird, too.  The on-screen clock looked like a few days had passed before he even saw folks at the Mall.

Still a classic look at how a well-armed, holed up guy would do against a DOTD04 zombie infestation.  The appearance of his MP-5 will only go fuel the Where are the ARs at the Gunstore? crowd...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Now we know why andy had so few lines in the movie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
...and who hasn't had too much to drink and eaten their pet goldfish in a moment of abject hunger?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I was honestly hoping the "thing" he was talking to was going to be his zombiefied wife or daughter and not some stupid fish.

Hell even a leather clad gimp would have been funny.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought it was pretty hokey.  The time dialation seemed weird, too.  The on-screen clock looked like a few days had passed before he even saw folks at the Mall.

Still a classic look at how a well-armed, holed up guy would do against a DOTD04 zombie infestation.  The appearance of his MP-5 will only go fuel the Where are the ARs at the Gunstore? crowd...

As soon as I saw the MP5 I was like what he's got a damn MP5 but no AR's in the store?? Shit I'd have rather had that MP5 or an AR over every last pistol and shotty they ended up getting. But hey it's a movie right....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As soon as I saw the MP5 I was like what he's got a damn MP5 but no AR's in the store?? Shit I'd have rather had that MP5 or an AR over every last pistol and shotty they ended up getting. But hey it's a movie right....

He sold all his ARs to pay for his transferable MP5 and 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now we know why andy had so few lines in the movie.

LOL!  No crap!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Another thing I noticed...

At the end when CJ is fighting with the Zombies in the bus, and he does the mag change, did anyone else notice that the mag he dropped was a post ban?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another thing I noticed...

At the end when CJ is fighting with the Zombies in the bus, and he does the mag change, did anyone else notice that the mag he dropped was a post ban?

Yep. I caught that. Dont forget the movie was made before Sept 13th.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Korny!!!!  That was absolutely embarrassing to watch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
did anyone else notice that the mag he dropped was a post ban?

A FML Glock 21 'post ban'.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I never saw this "survival tape" you're talking about, but I would think that a guy like Andy would have many thousands of rounds of ammo on hand. He could have spent all day shooting those zombies day and night and eventually wiped them out.  He could use a silencer to keep from attracting attention of more zombies.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I never saw this "survival tape" you're talking about, but I would think that a guy like Andy would have many thousands of rounds of ammo on hand.

He could have spent all day shooting those zombies day and night and eventually wiped them out.  He could use a silencer to keep from attracting attention of more zombies.

Nope. Tried an failed!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I bet you could sit up on the roof with a 10/22 and 4 bricks of ammo, and put a dent in them. Enough to get food from the mallrats.

I loved the movie!
CH
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#14]
What was the tactical rifle Andy had? It looked kinda Sako-ish.

I liked Andy and his goldfish. The zombified wife or daughter would have been a cliche, and in fact the film makers were toying with your expectations there. Everybody THOUGHT he had his wife or daughter chained up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top