Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 7:48:20 AM EDT
Need the scoop on earning income working for a Contractor in Iraq.
I do understand there are "time out of the USA" rules , etc.

I have been told both the first $90,000 is "tax free" and also that there is a exception for  Approved Iraq Service that goes well above the $90,000 rule.

Is the exception story correct?

Also , If the first $90,000 is tax free , does this also mean NO Social Security Tax , No FICA Tax , No Medicare/Medicade Tax , etc.  or does the tax free statues only apply to Federal Income Tax?

How about State Tax?  
I know each State will be diff , Anyone know if Alabama State Income is also Tax Free?

Thanks for all replys.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
first $80 grand is tax free from what I was told by a KBR recruiter

state tax should be nixed, but YMMV

FICA medicare SS etc is still paid, you dont get out of that, just fed tax.(still a damn good deal)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe you have to be out of country for 330 days out 365.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
first $80 grand is tax free from what I was told by a KBR recruiter

state tax should be nixed, but YMMV

FICA medicare SS etc is still paid, you dont get out of that, just fed tax.(still a damn good deal)

Curious about what the KBR recruiter had to say.  What position, pay, etc.  Thanx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top