Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 7:32:14 AM EDT
Are Lasermaxs any good with the Glock 17? There are expensive, but are they as good as rail mounted counterparts?

There's an auction for a lightly used glock  (G17) with 4 hi-cap mags and an internal laser (high bid is  $500).  I'm interested to see if its worth it.

John K.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the easiest ways to make a Glock unreliable is to put one of those things in it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One of the easiest ways to make a Glock unreliable is to put one of those things in it.

Good, but please tell me how so? Is the lasermax such an inferior guiderod or is it because the laser is always off mark?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
unreliable glock?  heresy

I've seen a few of them in action, and they seemed fine to me.  I dont own one, and probably will never own one since my glock is my ccw piece.  I prefer to use the KISS principle for my carry gun

ETA: five2one, thats not that great of a deal for a used glock 17.  remember hicaps are now only about $20 a piece for them.  factory rebuild guns are cheaper IIRC, and are as good as new.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
checked shotgun news, KY imports has brand new G17's in stock with 2 mags for $449.  mags are $14.99  just a heads up, you can do better for the price and get a brand new gun with no laser that may or may not affect accuracy
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
checked shotgun news, KY imports has brand new G17's in stock with 2 mags for $449.  mags are $14.99  just a heads up, you can do better for the price and get a brand new gun with no laser that may or may not affect accuracy

You know, I was thinking that might be the case. Truthfully, I find the molded grip of the newer glocks to  not quite fit my hand, but I really like the rail.   I'm very torn between getting a lightly used 2nd generation and new G17.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Lasermax units in my duty weapon [Glock 21], CCW firearm [Glock 30], and in a Glock 17.

They have not had any adverse impact on reliability.  Accuracy is also fine [qualified with 240/250 last time - not using laser].  I really like them.  Put an Accusight bore sighter in and look where the impact will be compared with the LaserMax.  Hint - close enough at normal "interpersonal management" ranges out to 25 yards or so.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing wrong with first or second gen M17s.  And I beleive Robar will put an accessory rail on them if you want.

For the $300 a lasermax will cost, you'll be much better off in the end with a couple of cases of ammo and a set of Heinies or Trijicons.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks everybody.

John K.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top