Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 6:38:04 AM EDT
badnarik.org/

went today to the local election office to pick up a copy of what all will be on the ballot and notice this michael badnarik was on the presidental ticket.i figure maybe nader but only bush, kerry and badnarik.
has anyone notice anyone different than bush,kerry or nader?

or do i need to listen to other news channels beside fox and reading arfcom for news?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I quit reading my ballot when I got to the part that said "George W. Bush".......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
badnarik.org/

went today to the local election office to pick up a copy of what all will be on the ballot and notice this michael badnarik was on the presidental ticket.i figure maybe nader but only bush, kerry and badnarik.

or do i need to listen to other news channels beside fox and reading arfcom for news?

The problem is that there are 2 effective candidates for President: Kerry and Bush

There is no reason to vote for President if you do not vote for one of these two.

That is the way the US system works, it will not change...

You can change the Democrats & Republkicans from the inside, you will never create a parlimentary multiparty system, the US system as it is today is designed for 2 and only 2 parties.

And that is all we will ever have. Period.

It's a good thing too, if you look beyond Presidential politics to Congressional politics... We do NOT need Euro-style coalitiion government....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]

I am at heart a Libertarian.  

But this is not the election to make some kind of point with our vote by voting for a third party candidate.

Bush is the only alternative that makes any sense.

A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for gun control this time, as it will only help Kerry get elected. If he does, say goodbye to your 2nd amendment rights and semi-auto rifles and hello to a new assault rifle ban.

Vote Bush.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The only choice for gun owners and RKBA believers is George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for gun control this time, as it will only help Kerry get elected.

couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread will turn ugly, but fast.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
badnarik.org/

You can change the Democrats & Republkicans from the inside, you will never create a parlimentary multiparty system, the US system as it is today is designed for 2 and only 2 parties.

Yeah, the Republicans shouldn't have entered the fray in the 1850's.  Everyone knows that only a Whig or a Democrat vote mattered.  Anything else was a wasted vote...

And a vote for Candidate A is a vote for Candidate A, not B, C, or D.  No "new math massaging" will ever change that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I voted for Badnarik, as I don't like either of the other choices.
MY vote, none of YOUR damned business.
Fuckin republican rah-rahs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am at heart a Libertarian.  

But this is not the election to make some kind of point with our vote by voting for a third party candidate.

A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for gun control this time, as it will only help Kerry get elected. If he does, say goodbye to your 2nd amendment rights and semi-auto rifles and hello to a new assault rifle ban.

Vote Bush.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

Well said
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations to those who voted for Badnarik, Nader, etc.

You may feel principled, but...

You have joined with the rest of the .1% of the voting population that will be irrelevant this election.

Have a nice day
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
badnarik.org/

Yeah, the Republicans shouldn't have entered the fray in the 1850's.  Everyone knows that only a Whig or a Democrat vote mattered.  Anything else was a wasted vote...

And a vote for Candidate A is a vote for Candidate A, not B, C, or D.  No "new math massaging" will ever change that.

As you will notice, there is no Whig party now, they were REPLACED by the Repubs...

We are a perminant 2-party system, as history has demonstrated... 3rd parties that succeed come on very fast and either replace or are re-absorbed by a major party...

The Reform Party (re-absorbed), the Dixiecrats (switched to become Republicans), and the Republican Party (replaced the Whigs) are all examples...

None of these groups was a long-standing party, and none was around for a long time before they became a force. Only the GOP stayed a force, the other 2 folded...

The Libertarians, due to their unpalatable, disasterous platform, will never be a force in US politics. They are too idealistic, and as such cannot govern effectively...

Also, a vote for anyone BUT GW Bush is a vote for Kerry. Period. It's not fuzzy math, it's logic - you are throwing your vote away on a candidate that most of the US would find so repugnant if he ran with media support that he would fall flat on his face...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I voted for Badnarik, as I don't like either of the other choices.
MY vote, none of YOUR damned business.
Fuckin republican rah-rahs.

Teens or  twenties. Dope is OK. God not an issue.  
Just my disgruntled 2 "fuckin" cents with what's happening to my country.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought Perot might have taught us something......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Sure, the Republican party needs their own Nader....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I quit reading my ballot when I got to the part that said "George W. Bush".......

AMEN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top