Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 8:54:34 PM EDT
stopped at gun shop for some paintball supplies and the guy behind the counter tried really hard to strike up a conversation that would lead to the new HK stuff. he then showed us the SL8-1 they had got in. man that is one sweet peice of work. nam, anyone else play with these things yet. well anyway, after a short discussion about hk superiority, he mentioned HK day. its next month. for 10 $ you get to shoot the new HK guns. HK is bringing 20 SL8s and i think some pistols.maybe shotguns, but the guy wasnt sure. the BEST is they will give away one SL8. their are supposed to be about 50-60 pple there. holy sh*t. the odds of me or one of my group going are about the same as the odds of wining a mr pibb of the bottle cap. for a 1500 $ rifle, i like those odds. this is sweet. BTW im thinking about a usp, should i go 9mm of 45??
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We had HK days here BUT NO FREE RIFLES !!!!
Get the .45, I have a full size and a compact in .45 and love em!! the compact fits my hand like a glove ,but no problem with the F.S. either.
My 9mm is the 92fs(none better)
51 out...
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, I'm not a fan of the plastic HKs in the form that they offer them to civies.  

If they would bring in the UMP and G36 in a semi-auto form identical to their MG bros, I'd jump on it, but as the laws are today, I wouldn't spend $1000 on a USC, or $1200-1400 for an SL8.  Althought I'll probably kick myself 5 years from now when they too are banned, and selling for $3000+...

I can't get over the whole 10rd cap and PC look myself.

That being said, they are still HKs, and therefore fine firearms, they just don't float my particular boat.

But hell, $10 to shoot HKs and the possiblity of winning an SL8 is a great opportunity!  Good luck, hope you get it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as the USP, the compacts are great, but if you are going for a full size, get a 9mm, that way you have the option of hicaps if you want to spend the dough.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i feel the same way about teh civilian versions. but i cant say they arnt really comfortable at the shoulder.

are there 15 rd mags for the 9mm. i think that would make the decesion for me
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
OOOHHHH! Can you put my name in the box? I'll take the USP 45. I got a pile of nines.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i feel the same way about teh civilian versions. but i cant say they arnt really comfortable at the shoulder.

are there 15 rd mags for the 9mm. i think that would make the decesion for me
View Quote

Yup. USP in 9mm have 15rnd mags in standard black or you can get the clear 15rnd plastic mags which I think were designated for the military version which is called the P8.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Why dont u boys just get a good ole Glock 17 or 21. Plenty of HiCaps for those. Not to mention they havent been crammed with parts by some German Engineer. [uzi]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
[puke] ON GLOCK
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why dont u boys just get a good ole Glock 17 or 21. Plenty of HiCaps for those. [uzi]
View Quote

Because I don't want it to blow up in my face, I don't want a horrible trigger, I don't want a gun with horrible ergonomics for lefties, I don't want a gun that comes stock with PLASTIC sights, I don't want a with a crappy finish that shows every slightest marr and you can't polish it out, I don't want crappy mags that won't drop free even when the mag is called a "drop free mag"......

Do I need to go on???[:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
.. get the clear 15rnd plastic mags which I think were designated for the military version which is called the P8.
View Quote

Keep in mind, these aren't all prebans.  They are sometimes brought in by US servicemen from Germany, so they are not marked "LE only."

I say that if it isn't marked, it is a preban, BUT the authorities might disagree with me if you ever get unlucky.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the DROP FREE MAG might mean that it is dropfree, meaning it can't drop the mag. Glock's aren't all they are cracked up to be. A good ol' USP or Colt is sufficient

The Grand Poo-BA
Mikie
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I say that if it isn't marked, it is a preban, BUT the authorities might disagree with me if you ever get unlucky.
View Quote

im fine with that. im thinking of going with the 9. cheaper ammo for messing around, and due to special application ammo the only diffrence between 9mm and 45acp is dead or deader. im fine with just dead. i think 15rds of 9mm is quite a bit more firepower than 10 rds of 45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top