Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 12:01:27 AM EDT
I guess it's really late.  I was thinking about why almost all shooting video games HAVE TO include a fucking Desert Eagle.  I mean, damn, here's a short list of the games that do:

FarCry
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Half-Life: Counterstrike
Hitman Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman 3: Contracts
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Soldier of Fortune
Tomb Raider
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear

I mean, I guess they're pretty cool and all, so it's understandable why some video game producers who know jack shit about guns would throw one in there, but the thing wasn't even a combat handgun.  Hell, it's a jam-o-matic, so what excuse do games like Rainbow Six series have???  

Also, when you play games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it takes TWO CLIPS of 1911 hardball to put down a friggin' SS Para!!!  But when people put Deagles in their games, bad guys get thrown around like a bus hit them.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks cool and its in movies thats the only reasons.

I sometimes wonder if the games companies look for any information on the guns they use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
you are forgetting counter strike
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#4]
nope its there
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#5]
go to magnum researches website, they have a list of all the movies and games eagles ahve been in. Pretty cool list!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#6]
that's a pretty extensive list.

i would laugh at someone who used a deagle for ccw, let alone for all-out combat

fucking PRK and their warped visions
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
They are big and flat. Big = cool and Flat = less polygons to render and it still looks good. You'd be surprised how many more polygons are created when you have to build a smooth cylindrical object. Glocks are the same way, blocky saves fps.

Cube = 6 sides/12 polys. Halfway smooth simple Cylinder = 18 sides/64 polys
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
. . .TWO CLIPS of 1911 hardball to . . .

Um clips? Haven't we been over this enough already?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I sometimes wonder if the games companies look for any information on the guns they use.

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahhahaha.

I will never forget the day when I first realized that the reload animation for the M4 in Counterstrike had you pulling back on the forward assist.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahhahaha.

I will never forget the day when I first realized that the reload animation for the M4 in Counterstrike had you pulling back on the forward assist.

Ya! That game is the worst for realism, but I would never play it looking for that. The new Rogue Spear games are AWESOME in their animations, and the recoil seems fairly accurate compared to what their real life counter parts shoot like.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a DE for years, it was a fun range gun. That was about it.
Who cares what the game makers use. They could use a Liberator, it gets you just as far in the game. That's why it's called a game.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
duno whats up with them, but I call baby eagles "beagles" just like they call desert eagles "deagles"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
. . .TWO CLIPS of 1911 hardball to . . .

Um clips? Haven't we been over this enough already?

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Surely Rainbow six only used it for the bad guys, right? In which case it's kinda accurate for your dumb hollywierd style villains to have DEagles.

Buggered if any of my time ever went out armed with a Deagle.

/PHil
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:50:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Desert Eagles are fun and look cool.  By cool I mean totally sweet.  By totally sweet I mean totally cool.

When hit with a 'clip' (what's a clip anyway?) from a DE people get thrown around like buses because it's a magnum round as opposed to that wimpy standard cartridge!

The video game makers just want to give you the option of walking into a room like Dirty Harry....that's all.  The video guys also understand that sometimes you get waxed during game play and nothing says "take that you digitally rendered tango bitch mofo" quite like a Desert Eagle can.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#16]
You play too many video games.

Go outside and do some real shooting.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, magazine.  I get after people who say that, too, but I guess it was very late.

Nope, the Desert Eagle was available to operators as well as villains in Rainbow Six.

Hey, when your gun budget is limited, video games is the next best thing
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a chance to cap a couple rounds from a .50 AE DEagle at Gunstock. Now that was fun. Savin' up my pennie sto buy one right now.

And yes, the owner was having feed problems with it as well. He may have been using reduced power loads. They were definately re-loads. Gas-operated, you can't shoot reduced power loads and expect good results from what I've read on 'em.

Only handgun I've found that fit my oversized meathooks perfectly. Not for people with small hands, that is for damn sure.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You play too many video games.

Go outside and do some real shooting.

Once again I'm thankful that the way you would dictate a person live their life is not the way they have to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't mind having a 41magnum Desert Eagle
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't mean to be a FNG, although I am working on a muzzeloader... is the Desert Eagle just a magnum version of some other gun. Sorry... call me a "noob", etc. Could someone please explain the peculiarities of the DE?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top