Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 7:51:53 PM EDT
Something is not working out too well here.    
They tasted OK, only been in there for about 8-9 months.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No longer than 7 days as a rule.

Get well soon.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I should throw my jar out.  I have had it for 2 1/2 years now.  I kinda figured they got better with age.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This is one of those questions that if you have to ask it, its just easier to throw out the jar and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I kinda figured they got better with age.

My exact thoughts!  However my intestines have voiced a difference in opinion.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I know I usually post some erronious crap, but I'm serious about saving food for too long being dangerous.

Please remember to drink A LOT of water.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know I usually post some erronious crap, but I'm serious about saving food for too long being dangerous.

While I generally agree 7 day old refrigerated olives ain’t going to hunt anybody.  They are olives not milk and should be good for quite awhile.

Now 8-9 months is pushing it a bit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll say they last almost forever.  They are in a salty brine.  I have eaten olives that have been in the refrigerator for at least 5 years with no problems.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe I should throw my jar out.  I have had it for 2 1/2 years now.  I kinda figured they got better with age.

........Sounds like my fridge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

After having had serious food poisoning, when I have any doubt, I always ask myself "Is this $x.xx worth taking a chance on going through that again? NAAAAWWWWWW!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top