Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 6:12:50 PM EDT
Seems like there's still a few good 'ol boys who care about the future of this country.

Radio listeners torch blue banner to protest United Nations Day

Posted: October 26, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A group of talk-radio listeners in Montana burned a United Nations flag to protest a ceremony at the state's Capitol honoring the global body.

On Friday, KGEZ radio host John Stokes in Kalispell, Mont., got wind of a planned ceremony that afternoon at the state Capitol in Helena to honor the U.N. on United Nations Day (though Sunday was actually U.N. Day). Stokes tells WorldNetDaily the ceremony included members of the Montana National Guard carrying and presenting a U.N. flag that was to be hoisted over the building.

"Needless to say, our listeners and I became immediately outraged," Stokes said. "It was suggested by a listener to demonstrate our outrage. A call to patriots went out over the air."

U.N. flag prepared for burning in Kalispell, Mont.

At 1 p.m., the time the Capitol ceremony was to take place, over 30 protesters gathered at Stokes' radio station for the flag burning. Stokes says the crowd included mothers, children, seniors and handicapped citizens.

U.N. flag engulfed in flames

"We began with the Star Spangled Banner blaring across the airways, saluting the U.S. flag flying high above the station, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and a very appropriate prayer for our nation, our Constitution and the Republic," Stokes explained.

"Then the volunteers provided the pole and gas, and I provided the despicable U.N. flag."

The crowd shouted out a verbal countdown before the flag was torched.

Said Stokes: "Whoosh. It was completely gone in seconds. I hope it was an omen."

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go for that, but only if the flag was an unlicensed reproduction made without permission, and only for the purpose of being destroyed......
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Doopity doop doop yo .
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got absolutely no problem with that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
MONTANAN'S burn UN flag.

give us some credit!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
MONTANAN'S burn UN flag.
give us some credit!!!!

Didn't mean to steal any glory away from my western neighbors.  Taking a stand like this shows there's still real cowboys out west.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top