Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 5:02:47 PM EDT
Following church services last saturday we opened the doors to find it pouring down rain. Now never being one that tended to melt in the rain, I chose not to panic. I evaluated the decision and took careful steps to ensure myself and my family. After discussig my plan with all of them it was decided, we would walk to the car. Unfortunately not everyone was as cool under this great amount of pressure as I was, and dzens of folks ran by me screaming and pulling thier coats up over thier heads. Luckily everyone made it safely to thier vehicles before complete insanity took over in this time of great turmoil, I just feel lucky that we wer'nt looted or worse. But seriousley, what would these people do if that rain was bullets?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's interesting to think that the runners were putting themselves at greater risk by dashing over wet pavement through a crowded and active parking lot with poor visibilty.

Musn't muss the hair.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!  I like to run through the rain.  I pretend I am storming a castle!

CHARGE!!!!  Go...go...go...go...go...go...go...go...kill anyone in your way...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]

But seriousley, what would these people do if that rain was bullets?

Oddly enough, ill-trained people often stand up and look around at the begining of a fire fight. I guess to see where the shooting is going on at.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oddly enough, ill-trained people often stand up and look around at the begining of a fire fight. I guess to see where the shooting is going on at.

You ended your sentence with a preposition so I fixed it for you. I thought only we Ohioans did that.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm amazed by the amount of sheep in our country.

Meeeee to. Every time I see a vehicle with a Kerry sticker, I just think " god, what a dumb motherfucker."
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ended your sentence with a preposition so I fixed it for you. I thought only we Ohioans did that.

"On" is a preposition, doctor.

A lack of manly leadership is the problem, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Graet, antoher gamrmer nzai.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Get a grip man...

Perhaps I am also a sheeple.  After all, I was faced with a crisis this evening when I was walking from my car to my house.  It suddenly dawned on me that I had no contingency plan in case my slate in my walkway turned into land mines while I was mid step.  Oh the humanity....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
44 magnum, you sir must have been in a pure state of philosophical mind to post that one.
Just for that abstract thinking, I would share a fizzy beverage with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top