Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2004 12:09:07 PM EDT
www.abortionno.org

Warning link to graphic photos-Aimless
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of liberals had to confront graphic images of infanticide.

They go to all kinds of colleges.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like chili.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
oh brother, maybe you should warn others that the link takes you to some rather graphic material
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Warn someone next time! That was too much. It is sad that it happens and someone has to speak up, but little baby bodies are a little too much to bear for those who already get the message.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in my school computer lab right now...that didn't go over too well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like chili.

you're sick
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm in my school computer lab right now...that didn't go over too well.

Good.

It shouldn't.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
powerful.  it hurts to look at.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]
They were at my college too.

Liberal pukes were saying, "They shouldn't be showing stuff like that!"

Never occurred to them that people shouldn't be DOING stuff like that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like chili.

murderificly tasty
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Abortion is about choice, you can choose to have one or choose not to if the situation comes.....

point being....if it were illegal in the US, wealthy and middle class females could go to Canada or Europe and have one done......but poor people would have even more kids then they do now, and they would be even less able to take care of them/raise them right.....

I looked at the photos and they're powerful images but it's best not to let emotions cloud ones' judgment....

flame on
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I looked at the photos and they're powerful images but it's best not to let emotions cloud ones' judgment....

A convenient argument when the facts are so graphically staring you in the face....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A convenient argument when the facts are so graphically staring you in the face....

But why use such an emotional argument?  I don't like looking at eye surgery, but that shouldn't make it illegal.  So what's the point?  

Just argue the facts, man.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#17]
That shit is disgusting!

I firmly believe they have the right to do that, but how about some self censorship and some fucking morals!  Would they, or any one of  us approve if Michael Moore started showing pictures of blown apart

Maybe if "pro-life" folks want fetuses to be treated like human beings, they should show them the same respect and decency they would to any other human being.  

edited to add: it's the same emotional argument that we accuse anti gunners of using. All those photos are intended to do is provoke a reaction, they are distasteful and probably hurt their cause more than they help.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I did......read after "point being"

that part about the images was the after thought.....

Zaphod: read the first part....if that doesn't make perfect sense to you then you must be faking ignorence...nothing personal on this issue, just stating my opinion.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That shit is disgusting!

Yes, abortions are disgusting.

I firmly believe they have the right to do that, but how about some self censorship and some fucking morals!  Would they, or any one of  us approve if Michael Moore started showing pictures of blown apart Americans as part of the anti-war effort? Hell no!

We all know about the horrors of war. Very few people know about the disgusting and tragic realities fo abortion.

So, why then, if "pro-life" folks want fetuses to be treated like human beings, can't they show the same respect and decency they would any other human being?

They are using the murder of these unborn children to demostrate the viscousness of their death, and thereby hopefully save lives.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Abortion is about choice, you can choose to have one or choose not to if the situation comes.....

point being....if it were illegal in the US, wealthy and middle class females could go to Canada or Europe and have one done......but poor people would have even more kids then they do now, and they would be even less able to take care of them/raise them right.....

flame on

It is not about choice.  It is about life and death.  Abortion is about a person choosing to end the life of a defenseless person.  Since its allowed on babies old enough to live if they were born prematurely, there is no way to call it anything but murder.  Saying 'its about choice' is simply a way to gloss over the extreme barbarity of the act, much like the innocuos phrase "final solution" is a way to hide the horror of the holocaust.  It is freakin evil.  It is NOT an acceptible form of birth control, and there is no place in the constitution guaranteeing ANYONE the right to do so.  The person who founded Planned Parenthood, Sanger saw it as a way to control population growth of "underdesireables".  She was very Hitlerian in her consideration of racial issues.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Whatever

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Abortion is about choice killing a kid, you can choose to have one kill your kid or choose not to if the situation comes.....

point being....if it were illegal in the US, wealthy and middle class females could go to Canada or Europe and have one done kill their kid......but poor people would have even more kids then they do now, and they would be even less able to take care of them/raise them right.....

flame on

Since you said "poor people would have even more kids" you made the connection that abortion kills kids.   Just figured I'd make your terms consistant throughout the post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Whatever

That's intelligent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

But why use such an emotional argument?  I don't like looking at eye surgery, but that shouldn't make it illegal.  So what's the point?  

Just argue the facts, man.

The pictures ARE the facts!

Try arguing that a fetus is not a human being after seeing those pictures!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#25]

So, why then, if "pro-life" folks want fetuses to be treated like human beings, can't they show the same respect and decency they would any other human being?

They are using the murder of these unborn children to demostrate the viscousness of their death, and thereby hopefully save lives.

What the hell do you think the anti-war protestors think are  trying to do?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Zaphod: read the first part....if that doesn't make perfect sense to you then you must be faking ignorence...nothing personal on this issue, just stating my opinion.....

Oh, it makes PERFECT sense.

...about as much sense as "Well, people are going to commit murder anyway, so let's make it legal".

Just because someone is going to go somewhere else to do something blatantly barbaric is not a basis for legalizing it here.

The "photos are emotional" argument has always amused me. I suppose we shouldn't utilize photos of the Holocaust to teach that mass murder is wrong because, after all, the photos stir the emotions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#27]

The pictures ARE the facts!

Try arguing that a fetus is not a human being after seeing those pictures!

So are blown apart American soldiers. We don't see those pictures, THANK GOD! If we did, 1) it would be terribly disrespectful to the dead and their families, as it is in this case 2) our troops would be coming back on the next plane, and Iraq would become a bigger cess pool than it is already. Dont believe, me, remember Mogadishu?

Abortion sucks. These pictures are distasteful, disrespectful and are only used to promote an emotional argument. All they do is piss off pro choicers, they dont convert anyone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What the hell do you think the anti-war protestors think are  trying to do?

The goals of the Pro-Lifers are not the same as the Hate-America Anti-War protestors.

However, I would not force a mother who loved her child to view the pictures of the broken body of her son that died for the defense of his country. But I do believe that there is a value in showing people the aftermath of a life that was discarded for convience.

There is a difference.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever

That's intelligent.

Thank you

I'm just tired of debating this.  Intelligent people with good values clearly disagree on the underlying issue.

As far as these "tactics" go, they are no less shameless than stupid PETA stunts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever

That's intelligent.

And thanks for adding your wisdom to the discussion as well
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, the argument that "people are going to do it anyway" is EXTREMELY weak.  It can be used for any crime on the books today.  Well, people are going to rape anyway.  Its more convenient that having to go through the process of finding a mate, planning a marriage, etc.  It should be legal.  It is a matter of individual choice, after all.  (And if the answer is "Not true, it involves two people" - then you have just made a case against abortion by the response)

Technology shows facial expression on the face of children in the womb - smiling, crying.  Why is it legal to end the life of a six-month old in the womb, but if the six-month old is removed from the womb, its suddenly illegal?  The case for abortion is a house of cards.  It is evil in the extreme.  A society is judged by the way it treats its most defenseless citizens.

Abortion is simply a way to avoid responsibility.  It is a matter of convenience.  In reality, the same argument for abortion can be slightly modified to defend killing the elderly.  They do put a great strain on the family, they don't contribute to society or to the economy, after all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever

That's intelligent.

Thank you

I'm just tired of debating this.  Intelligent people with good values clearly disagree on the underlying issue.

As far as these "tactics" go, they are no less shameless than stupid PETA stunts.

I see your point.  It will go back and forth until "The Man Upstairs" comes back, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#33]

The goals of the Pro-Lifers are not the same as the Hate-America Anti-War protestors.

However, I would not force a mother who loved her child to view the pictures of the broken body of her son that died for the defense of his country. But I do believe that there is a value in showing people the aftermath of a life that was discarded for convience.

There is a difference.  

Good God, you guys are being just as bad as the damn close minded liberals. I know a lot of anti - war protestors who love America just as much as I do, you can't generalize that they are all hippie commies. Get real.

I don't care what cause youre fighting for, I think there is something fundamentally disrespectful and wrong showing the bodies of dead babies on the sides of trucks! Ends DO NOT justify they means!

What if your child/wife/friend was shot in a school shooting? How would you like it if Sarah Brady got a hold of the pictures of their bullet riddled body, put them on a truck and told America "this is why we need to ban guns."

Of course, you see the issues of being VERY different, but a lot of other people see things very differently than you. I
ve been on both sides of the abortion issues AND the gun control issue. Decide what you will, but think about it and KEEP AN OPEN MIND. Otherwise youre no better than all the damn close minded liberal fools I live with here in Madison, WI.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes, the argument that "people are going to do it anyway" is EXTREMELY weak.  It can be used for any crime on the books today.  Well, people are going to rape anyway.  Its more convenient that having to go through the process of finding a mate, planning a marriage, etc.  It should be legal.  It is a matter of individual choice, after all.  (And if the answer is "Not true, it involves two people" - then you have just made a case against abortion by the response)

Technology shows facial expression on the face of children in the womb - smiling, crying.  Why is it legal to end the life of a six-month old in the womb, but if the six-month old is removed from the womb, its suddenly illegal?  The case for abortion is a house of cards.  It is evil in the extreme.  A society is judged by the way it treats its most defenseless citizens.

Abortion is simply a way to avoid responsibility.  It is a matter of convenience.  In reality, the same argument for abortion can be slightly modified to defend killing the elderly.  They do put a great strain on the family, they don't contribute to society or to the economy, after all.

there is a clear distinction between...
A:legalizing rape "cause people will do it anyway" (I hope this isn't some fantasy of yours)which if I'm not mistaken is/should be illegal in just about every "Country".    And if were "legal"(what a stupid analogy) we would most likely become a revenge driven society and fall down the spiral of feudalism.
&
B:ilegalizing abortion which would have 2 outcomes....
outcome A) Women/teenagers with money will go to another western country and have an abortion performed by a qualified physician.
outcome B) Women who are to affraid /ashamed or just couldn't afford it would have an illegal, unsafe, abortion often with a lethal outcome.

people don't seem to see the hypocrisy behind complaining about people deciding for you what type of firearm you can own, and you deciding what other people can & can't do with their bodies....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Abortion is murder.

Don't argue with me, save it for God.

UNITED STATES

Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700

Think of the children
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

There is a difference.  

Good God, you guys are being just as bad as the damn close minded liberals. I know a lot of anti - war protestors who love America just as much as I do, you can't generalize that they are all hippie commies. Get real.

I don't care what cause youre fighting for, I think there is something fundamentally disrespectful and wrong showing the bodies of dead babies on the sides of trucks! Ends DO NOT justify they means!

But Adrian, the pro abortions side and the law says those are not babies, they are feti. They are just tissue removed from a woman, if those were babies then wouldn't ripping them from the womb be murder?

What if your child/wife/friend was shot in a school shooting? How would you like it if Sarah Brady got a hold of the pictures of their bullet riddled body, put them on a truck and told America "this is why we need to ban guns."

If you honestly beleive that abortion is not murder, that all it is is a womans choice to remove some tissue much like a tumor, then all we have shown is disguarded tissue. Those aren't kids. It's no different then showing a tumor removed from a woman.

Of course, you see the issues of being VERY different, but a lot of other people see things very differently than you. I
ve been on both sides of the abortion issues AND the gun control issue. Decide what you will, but think about it and KEEP AN OPEN MIND. Otherwise youre no better than all the damn close minded liberal fools I live with here in Madison, WI.

Response in red
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever

That's intelligent.

Thank you

I see your point.  It will go back and forth until "The Man Upstairs" comes back, I guess.

thebeekeeper1 ?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#38]
At least the liberals at my school weren't going around protesting it.

They just avoided it.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

flame on

Make the choice to keep your fucking panties and underwear on, and you don't have to make a decision to kill an unborn child.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

people don't seem to see the hypocrisy behind complaining about people deciding for you what type of firearm you can own, and you deciding what other people can & can't do with their bodies....

Once a woman gets pregnant it's not just her body. If you go out tonight, get drunk and hit a pregnant woman with a car and kill her and her baby you get hit with double murder charges. Because it's not just one woman you kill, you kill a child.

But if the next day that woman goes to an abortion clinic and has an abortion that is legal? No it's murder. Because a woman has a womb does not make her god.

It takes two people to have a child, the courts can force you to support one. But they can not force a woman not to have an abortion because the father wants to keep the child. If the father has a financial and moral obligation to raise the child then why doesn't he have a say if he is carried to term. Because a woman has a womb does not make her god.

If you make the ethical argument that because a fetus can not survive out of the womb and is totally dependent on the mother, then you must also accept infanticide. Because for first 6 months a newborn requires constant care from it's mother to survie, it couldn't survive on it's own either. There was a prominant bioethicist form Princeton wrote a paper making this argument. But you can't stomach that.

Religon and god aside abortion is murder. Even from a purely ethical and logical argument abortion is wrong. It deprives the most fundamental right we have and that is the right to life.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#41]
It's gettin' pretty deep in this thread. Love how it grosses the people out who believe that it's should be someone's CHOICE to commit such things. How 'bout the CHOICE that the unborn is being denied TO LIVE. Could have been the person to find a cure for cancer. Will never know now...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#42]
um, I don't see how it could be considered 'graphic' by pro abortionists.  After all, if you don't believe unborn children are human, then what you're looking at is nameless biomatter.  

Surely they don't say that a picture of an aborted fetus is disrespectful somehow? Wouldn't that be conceding that its a human body?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
What's the big deal with showing a lifeless mass of tissue?  What reasonable right to privacy does such an unorganized blob of cells deserve?  What right to privacy does the "host" deserve?  If you crap in a public toilet, does your feces have the right to not be photographed and publicized later?  If you're pro-abortion, then Fetus=Feces anyway, so who cares?    

I see that the self-acclaimed enlightened, civilized, and moral folks are back to their brain-washed pro-murder defense again.  You know what, I bet that good and decent people disagreed on slavery, child labor, and wife-beating as well.  People are human; humans are often wrong- no hard feelings against you all.  It just means that those same good citizens are wrong- people are allowed to be wrong, but don't balk at actually seeing some of the millions of byproducts of your civilized, moral, and just good will.  

+1.37 million for ffsparky26
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So are blown apart American soldiers. We don't see those pictures, THANK GOD! If we did, 1) it would be terribly disrespectful to the dead and their families, as it is in this case 2) our troops would be coming back on the next plane, and Iraq would become a bigger cess pool than it is already. Dont believe, me, remember Mogadishu?

Abortion sucks. These pictures are distasteful, disrespectful and are only used to promote an emotional argument. All they do is piss off pro choicers, they dont convert anyone.

True, but you don't see people running around saying that blown-up soldiers aren't humans.

Also, the soldiers died doing what they had volunteered to do. The babies didn't have a voice to defend them.

Now, when abortion becomes rightfully illegal again (certainly for purposes of birth control, at least), THEN I will agree with you 100% on THESE pictures.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#46]
+1
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#47]
When they came to the University of Michigan (1999?) while I was in law school they had to sue to be able to set up--mind you the U sponsered a gay love-in in the same area of the campus.

The good guys having gotten permission to set up and the suit being dropped, the women's studies set up a blocking system. The gryls had an HQ right next to it, and if they saw anyone stopping to look or to take lit they would run over, scream, and use their body to block to lit or the view.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Looks like chili.

Pretty f'in insensitive dude.  I think if somone put a 12 gauge against the back of your kids or wife or mothers head and pulled the trigger it'd look a lot like chili too.

There's a lot of stuff that's funny to joke about, but a innocent child sucked from it's mother's womb in pieces is not one of those things.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What's the big deal with showing a lifeless mass of tissue?  

You weren't around when Imbrogilo was posting pics of the shit he was coughing up.  It caused quite a fuss.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#50]
deleted - not worth it here
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top