Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 11:09:10 AM EDT
Not that I want to start looking ahead but, if/when George Bush wins, will he "take this opportunity to extend a hand across the aisle" and try to "heal the partisan bitterness"?

Will the Republican-controlled Senate continue to be donkey-punched day after day by the Democrat minority through their stonewalling and mock-filibustering of judicial nominees?

What would YOU want them to do?

If Bush and the Republicans push hard to the right, Hillary will spend the next two years living in the center of the Senate, building up a  facade of "moderate" votes and after 2006, will begin her final run for the Presidency as a "fresh alternative" to eight years of far-rightwing domination in the Presidency and Congress. As bad as Kerry is - the fact that he can muster 45-48% of the vote as "The Most Liberal Senator" tells me Hillary (with six years of "moderate" Senate votes behind her) will be a VERY formidible opponent for any Republican newbie hoping to take over in 2008.

IMO, the more Bush & the Reps go HARD right - the more it helps Hillary in 2008 because the country will be ready for a "moderate" (even a phoney one) .

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice of your to put TROLL right in your user name.

Hillary, despite what she may or may not do in the next four years, has some of the highest negative numbers of any politician EVER. Whether she runs as a moderate or not will have little effect on this.

Too many people hate her for her to win the Presidency.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you listen to James Dobson last night?

If sKerry wins, you may not have to deal with President Klinton, but rather Chief Justice Klinton.

Tell me which scares you more?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I just feel sorry for any interns Hitlery has if she ever wins POTUS.  Can you imagine getting on your knees for that biotch!!?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IMO, the more Bush & the Reps go HARD right - the more it helps Hillary in 2008 because the country will be ready for a "moderate" (even a phoney one) .

The more right the GOP goes, the more hysterical she will get or be accused by her zombie followers that she's not doing enough.

Nice try. NEXT!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I think he will take a "Revenge is mine sayeth the LORD" additude.

In other words, the worst thing he could do to a liberal is let them remain a liberal.

And as I watch C-BS implode, I cannot help but to believe that would be the best course of action. Let them destroy themselves and let the New Media take over.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand and respect what the thread author has to say but must respectfully disagree.

First: Trying to get along with the Democrats has resulted in one disaster after another; particularly as it affects the Republican base population.

Second: Nobody outside of the New York City bufoons has any use whatsoever for the flaming bitch. It matters not in the least that the three traditional networks term her "popular". They lie. She ain't.

Mis dos centavos.

SD
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Bush isn't a nice guy.  The BS will make itself manifest soon enough (I hope)

You dont want to be like Kerry, immediately attacking everything Bush said at his convention speech.  You come off looking rabid and petty.  But Democrats like that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a school of thought that says Bush pushing the Swift Vets, or this high explosives story would actually serve to MINIMIZE its effect.

Best to let it alone, and let it have whatever effect its gonna  have.

For Bush to push it makes it look partisan. To let it alone makes it look legit.

The mush minded "moderates" would dismiss it if Bush pushes it. But they'll beleive it if he doesn't.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If sKerry wins, you may not have to deal with President Klinton, but rather Chief Justice Klinton.

Could a disbarred lawer make it in?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's referring to The Beast, not the fornicator.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually you'll have UN Secretary General Clinton.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice of your to put TROLL right in your user name.

Hillary, despite what she may or may not do in the next four years, has some of the highest negative numbers of any politician EVER. Whether she runs as a moderate or not will have little effect on this.

Too many people hate her for her to win the Presidency.

Don't underestimate her. Although her win in NY was due in a significant part to a pretty astoundingly bad Republican opponent, she is EXTREMELY popular with liberals and plenty of moderates, that name carries some horsepower at the voting booth, also women will vote for her because she is a women.

Oh and that's not even the half of it. Bill's got a bad ticker and The Beast hasn't been fed a human offering to further her career in quite a long time. She grows hungry and NO mere mortal will stand in her way - especially that man.

Think Fall 2008: "State Funeral For The Man From Hope" + the "Mel Carnahan Effect" = enormous national outpouring of sympathy and support just as The Beast makes her final approach to her throne.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top